Zwift training plan

2»

Comments

• Hope you enjoy it more than I did last night's TT. Turned out it was a "300 watts" day rather than the 310 I'd assumed when setting off. Oops.

But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273

First Open last Saturday. I did better than I was supposed to, 37 seconds faster than Spindata predictions on a rather lumpy course, beat a few people faster than me on paper, so I am rather pleased. Power was not spectacular, but that is course dependent, any turn or descent would lower the value and I don’t have anything to compre against. Real value was 256W, weighed 259W, normalised 267W if you believe in normalisation.

https://www.strava.com/activities/10827756887

left the forum March 2023
  • ugo.santalucia

Just did a ramp test, apparently I gained 40W to a whopping 4.4W/kg FTP… I am a bit skeptical… pretty sure I can’t do the hard workouts with this number… 🙄

• ugo.santalucia

PB ob the hilly Gilmorton 10 course today… 267W average, quite pleased. Annoyingly, I was slowed down by a Ferrari… I know, right…

• ugo.santalucia

I’ve climbed the CTT rankings a bit… used to be C8, now I am C2-and I might nip into the B category with another good performance.

In other news, I am racing against Alex Dowsett in a month… 22 miles, hope to be inside 10 minutes of his time… 😁

• ugo.santalucia

13 minutes behind Dowsett... 😒

Weather was crap, very cold very windy and wet. The course was a straight out and back, which really suits the big testers with their 62T chainring. The new trend is to have some bespoke very long bars made by Speeco to lean on and some fake hydration bottles that act to reduce the wake behind the saddle.

I rode my Dolan, which mostly acts as winter bike to save myself a new set of bearings... 😁