Tuesday float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Brunch with next door late morning, then arrival of hordes for a couple of days. Short break in the rain today before more rain tomorrow.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Run with some friends though still full of man flu and now my back ferkin hurts every time I cough 🙄

Then Christmas Day reply at our house
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

Had that. Not fun. Had to stand or sit up to cough as it was 10x worse lying down.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Grey, relentlessly grey and windy. Forecast was a bit of brightness today followed by deluge again tomorrow and Thursday. Haven't seen any brightness yet.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Seems a bit early to be up...going to give the hounds some much needed exercise this morning, then going on a bike ride with a mate this afternoon to burn off a few of yesterday's calories.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Off for a cycle with the missus shortly. Let’s see if she can get up the hill in Richmond park. After the last few days of indulgence, I’m not sure I can. I’ve either got some kind of chest congestion or I’ve been having a mild heart attack for the past two days.

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Seany, happy birthday to me 🤩
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno

More pressies today Seano ?!?

Happy 50th mate.

• Moaning,

Tis bright and blue out, not yet tested for the wind but it looks better

I shall have to try a short ride today, sometime…

Happy Birthday Seano 😉

• seanoconn
    Cheeky bugger. Still the right side of 50
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

nippybright

another ride, another mince pie

merry birthday seano

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

Gosh, the sun is shining 😎 How weird.

Felicitations SoC. Looks like you missed out on the Messiah slot by a day.

D-2 before my big eye adventure and consequent Do Nowt month. I really should get busy and prepped.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Happy birthday seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    Managed to loose my skewer nut. Still. It was a nice drive to the park 😕

Thanks for the birthday wishes 🤩
  • pinno
  • seanoconn
    Is there a skewer nut fix I’m not aware of? Currently catching up on cyclocross while Mrs Seano makes the Margaritas. Wondering how far I can push her dress code for the day. Might wait till after the first drink.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Afternoon

Early start was had as daughter, son in law, grandson and dogs set off back to Wiltshire at 5:00 this morning. Then back to bed for a few hours and slow start. However the sun was shining and the wind wasn’t 30 mph plus, so I went for a ride. 63 miles later feeling well boxed as I’ve not done a long ride this month.

Now it’s catch up on the cross time.

• Stevo_666

HB Seano - is it your Hawaii birthday? 🙂

Did a bit of riding this afternoon - a few trips up the Col de Crystal Palace and round the 'burbs. Might have to finish off that Chablis in a bit.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited December 2023

Was going to sack today off but glad I went out even if it was freezing cold.

I'd post a photo but forum keeps saying validation failed.

HB seano

• Was another cracking day, soz. Didn’t do a lot, attempt to put some effort in on the turbo failed late arvo due to IT factors unknown. Bluetooth fail suspected.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Happy Birthday Seano.

yeah what’s with the pic upload fail here now?

• That’s a faff.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Happy birthday Seano!

Brunch entertaining done, small gap, family arrival, family walk, family entertaining. Now at the board game stage.

Weather looks foul tomorrow, might wrap up and head out anyway.

• pinno

Nice shot WS.

• pinno

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Sorry didn't log in yesterday so belated birthday greetings.

If you're in Richmond Park the skewer nut fix would be to give me a call, would have been happy to let you twiddle one of my nuts as a birthday treat.