tuesday glowing with the frost and coated with the honey of the bitter almond-trees

'ning

soggy gloominess

stroll, cafes, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Too early. On the train and its still dark. Mind you, got a free brekkie at an advisors shortly, followed by the office Xmas party - aka free drinks in a nearby bar as they're being a bit tight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning les macaque

Dark. Milder than yesterday's bitterness.
    Mrs P away xmas shopping today so it's just Beans and I.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Wet and not loverly out there

Working snizzle, run and hot tub later
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Slightly underestimated sogginess but still an enjoyable ride in thanks to super duper rain jacket and toasty waterproof booties. Snug as a bug in a rug.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Seems to be brightening up here. Not sure what they day ahead holds as most of yesterday got put on hold when MiL seemed to be on her way out. Rallied round later on and now seems relatively stable.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    A surprise day of WFH for me as the SPO's back has given up during the night. She's managed to get an appontment at the quack's later this morning
    This means no soggy wobble in. What is your super rain jacket of choice Seano? I have a windproof Altura thing that is pretty good until it gets to full on downpour. Should probably get one of these Castelli RoS type things that seem to get good reviews.
    Enjoy the drinks later Stevo, the lad had his on Friday and a few of them managed a 14 hour session. Oh to be young again. Luckily he still seems to have a job and has now passed his 3 month probationary period.
    Hope all goes as smoothly as these things can with the MiL webboo.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • seanoconn

Morning folks,
    A surprise day of WFH for me as the SPO's back has given up during the night. She's managed to get an appontment at the quack's later this morning
    This means no soggy wobble in. What is your super rain jacket of choice Seano? I have a windproof Altura thing that is pretty good until it gets to full on downpour. Should probably get one of these Castelli RoS type things that seem to get good reviews.
    Enjoy the drinks later Stevo, the lad had his on Friday and a few of them managed a 14 hour session. Oh to be young again. Luckily he still seems to have a job and has now passed his 3 month probationary period.
    Onwards and upwards...

Nothing racy I’m afraid. More of a bikepacking/hiking option. Patagonia Calcite which comes with helmet compatible hood. Very waterproof, underarm vents, adjustable, covers a good portion of your face if need be. You would probably overheat if pushing it but I don’t push in the rain anyway.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Nothing racy I’m afraid. More of a bikepacking/hiking option. Patagonia Calcite which comes with helmet compatible hood. Very waterproof, underarm vents, adjustable, covers a good portion of your face if need be. You would probably overheat if pushing it but I don’t push in the rain anyway.
    I know people call it a 'push bike' but...
  • Another day of near-summer conditions. General slackery for the morning, followed by some garden work, then a bike ride on trainer. Did a lovely tour of Paris on the Olympic triathlon course for next year.

Cracked open the Uber-expensive whisky for my birthday.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

Morning folks,

i've got an alpha ros, they're warm and fairly windproof, but not waterproof, in rain you'll end up wet through

need to add a waterproof shell over the top if it's rainy

• seanoconn

Another day of near-summer conditions. General slackery for the morning, followed by some garden work, then a bike ride on trainer. Did a lovely tour of Paris on the Olympic triathlon course for next year.

Happy birthday wheelspinner! 🎂🎂🥳🥳 Remember, you’re only as old as the man you feel.
  • seanoconn said:

Another day of near-summer conditions. General slackery for the morning, followed by some garden work, then a bike ride on trainer. Did a lovely tour of Paris on the Olympic triathlon course for next year.

Happy birthday wheelspinner! 🎂🎂🥳🥳 Remember, you’re only as old as the man you feel.
    Ta! That sounds about right... lol. Mr WS is in his 70s :-)
  • veronese68
    sungod said:

Morning folks,

i've got an alpha ros, they're warm and fairly windproof, but not waterproof, in rain you'll end up wet through

Ah, not much better than my old Altura thing then. I guess it may be more breathable to justify the hyperbole in some reviews, or just reviewers trying to justify their existence and guarantee advertising revenue.

Happy birthday Spinner
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Happy birthday spinner
  • Stevo_666
    HB Spinner!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

enjoy :smiley:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited December 2023
    Spent a full day in work yesterday and paying for it now so WFH with the leg elevated.
    Things are looking a nice purple/green colour.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • p.s Happy Birthday to the Southern contingent.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    HB spinner.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

Morning folks,

Couldn't get on with that thing. Sold it and counter intuitively bought the Espresso.
    Fabulous thing. Chuck a Funkier on top to be waterproof.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Happy birthday mate, ya true-blue Tassie, enjoy a coldie or 2. (Close enough d'ye reckon?)

Sun shines. More fettling of house stuff, still pushing against heat loss, 50s builds didn't bother with any of that nonsense, just poke the coal fire a bit.
  • veronese68
    Oh dear, it seems the daily threads annoy some.
    navrig2 said:

There seem to be fewer people asking genuine questions about cycling and equipment, as compared to a few years ago. That can be because of the explosion of videos... most seem to prefer watching a video on Youtube, rather than asking questions or talking about things. Majority of topics barely touch cycling issues, to the point that one wonders whether this is a cycling forum or a current affairs one. I post a small fraction of what I used to and most of "my generation", those who joined 15 years ago or more, have left. Generally speaking, it is no longer an interesting place to talk about bicycles... in fairness other cycling fora are worse.
    Times have changed... Blogs are a thing of the past... Facebook is a thing of the past...

Agree with most of this. Even the non-cycling threads (Bottom Bracket) have become unusable with the ".....Day......" gibberish!
  • seanoconn

navrig2 said:

There seem to be fewer people asking genuine questions about cycling and equipment, as compared to a few years ago. That can be because of the explosion of videos... most seem to prefer watching a video on Youtube, rather than asking questions or talking about things. Majority of topics barely touch cycling issues, to the point that one wonders whether this is a cycling forum or a current affairs one. I post a small fraction of what I used to and most of "my generation", those who joined 15 years ago or more, have left. Generally speaking, it is no longer an interesting place to talk about bicycles... in fairness other cycling fora are worse.
    Times have changed... Blogs are a thing of the past... Facebook is a thing of the past...

Agree with most of this. Even the non-cycling threads (Bottom Bracket) have become unusable with the ".....Day......" gibberish!
    Link please
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    seanoconn said:

navrig2 said:

Link please
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13120968/requiem#latest
  • sungod
    some cannot appreciate the avant garde
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Happy birthday spinner! Hope the whisky went down well.

Wfh, meeting, lunch, wfw, home, cook for mini. Now a small beer and a glance at the telly.
  • Stevo_666
    Used up my free grog vouchers at the work Xmas party so headed home. Should feel OK tomorrow am.
  • Thanks for the wishes! Another rung up on the grumpy old bloke ladder.

• veronese68
    Just been out for beer and curry with some colleagues/directors seems developments I know nothing about are going ahead, consensus is still that I'll be fine. Good drin regardless.