friday sipping a wanderlust in the naughty corner

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

Was supposed to be 2 or 3 degrees here. Went out, frost had melted and then the temp dropped to 3 below. In 25 years I have never crashed due to weather conditions. Came off twice, still don't know how, there appeared to be no discernible ice or frost. Now sporting a large swelling on the thigh and more annoyingly a shredded albion insulated jacket and a pair of bibtights with a 2 inch hole in the side 🤬🤬

Double ouch.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

pinno said:

I got taken for my early birthday lunch by Mrs B³, well I suppose it's a joint one, as she was yesterday and I'm tomorrow. Very good it was too. Might have to snooze it off on the sofa for a bit.

No snow that I could see in Covent Garden.

Had some good times in Covent Garden. What did you eat?
    Michelin fayne dayning innit. Birthday treat.

There were several tasty canapés with a glass or two of bubbly, bread with chicken butter and liver parfait, sea bream, scallops, turbot, pigeon, a couple of puds, an edible candle cos birthday, and petit fours. A carafe of white and a glass of red that the somm recommended.

No need for dinner.
    The Frog?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Was supposed to be 2 or 3 degrees here. Went out, frost had melted and then the temp dropped to 3 below. In 25 years I have never crashed due to weather conditions. Came off twice, still don't know how, there appeared to be no discernible ice or frost. Now sporting a large swelling on the thigh and more annoyingly a shredded albion insulated jacket and a pair of bibtights with a 2 inch hole in the side 🤬🤬

Cycling mate has just binned off our ride tomorrow for the same reason - he went out today, nearly came off a few times and saw that it's going to be below zero here overnight and max temp of 2C tomorrow. Might have to go for a ride round town tomorrow instead.

GWS.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I got taken for my early birthday lunch by Mrs B³, well I suppose it's a joint one, as she was yesterday and I'm tomorrow. Very good it was too. Might have to snooze it off on the sofa for a bit.

There were several tasty canapés with a glass or two of bubbly, bread with chicken butter and liver parfait, sea bream, scallops, turbot, pigeon, a couple of puds, an edible candle cos birthday, and petit fours. A carafe of white and a glass of red that the somm recommended.

No need for dinner.
    The Frog?
    Exactly that. The chef has a restaurant down in St Ives (well, Carbis Bay) which we've been to and liked, so thought we'd give the London "HQ" a go.

A real wallet buster next week as I'm going to the 3* Helen Darroze restaurant with 2 mates, as we're all turning 50 within a month or so.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No need for dinner.
    The Frog?
    Exactly that. The chef has a restaurant down in St Ives (well, Carbis Bay) which we've been to and liked, so thought we'd give the London "HQ" a go.

A real wallet buster next week as I'm going to the 3* Helen Darroze restaurant with 2 mates, as we're all turning 50 within a month or so.
    Ta, might be worth a try when I hit the next milestone, fortunately not for a while yet :# Went to a Michelin Star joint in Covent Garden when I had my 'Hawaii' birthday but its not there any more. I feel the need for a blow out on a tasting menu at some point soon.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It was slip and slide just walking across the village to the panto, there’s no way I will riding for the next few days. Panto was great Cinderella, they really got the kids going and lots jokes for the adults.
  • Cheers all! Yes, I would definitely recommend all forum members stick to the turbo for the next day or two! Stay safe.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Someone lit the bat signal over Liverpool Gotham earlier.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    thistle_ said:

Someone lit the bat signal over Liverpool Gotham earlier.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Glad you didn't hurt yourself too much MG, after my icy fall in January I'm being rather more circumspect this winter.