cafe wfh laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning cornemuse

Brr with extra brr.
    Won't be a lot of action today.
    Beans is most unhappy about not being able to drink pond water.
    I told him to be careful as his tongue might stick to it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    It’s a bit
    here. So it’s the turbo, Smartie cat to the vets. Then it’s the pantomime at the village hall this evening.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Feck it’s cold, three layers and still cold on my run.

Work snizzle and then taking the old goat aka MIL over to her brothers for the first Christmas party, therefore the pub was enjoyed last night
  • Super chilly outside today, wood burner is built up and ready to go in an hour.

WFH for the last time, as I'm hoping to be back in on Monday.

Cats aren't happy, might have to pour hot water over them to unfreeze them from the decking.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Bit grey and dreary first up, but after lunch cleared away to a rather nice afternoon. Hacked out the remnants of a thorny creeper, and retired to have a snooze in the sunshine later in the arvo.

Not bad for a Friday and the official start to summer.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Shorts weather here B)

Had to wait for my trainers and laces to defrost before I could take them off this morning.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Spot of light snow here at Casa Stevo.

Hunkered down in the cave with the heater blowing. Next ride is tomorrow, probably will need an extra layer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Hunkered down in the cave with the heater blowing. Next ride is tomorrow, probably will need an extra layer.

Need to get some moss killer on those paths Stevo, if loves the damp and shade.

Nearly soup o’clock. After the initial chill, it doesn’t feel as cold as yesterday.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Snow imminent apparently

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    just a few flakes of snow here, had extra slice of cake to compensate
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Decidedly chilly out there as others have mentioned, we'll ignore Spinner obviously. Just checked and Accuweather says its due to start snowing here in 7 minutes, time will tell.
    No wobble today as I'm WFH, heating is on and I'm wearing many layers. Much warmer in the front room where the EPO sits. I think i'll follow the wisdom of SG and have some extra cake, stollen seems appropriate.
    Female child is due back this afternoon, I'll have to take her to the pub for food and drink later then.
  • Oooooo, I'm being taken out for lunch!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_

Oooooo, I'm being taken out for lunch!

Remember to use protection
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

just a few flakes of snow here, had extra slice of cake to compensate

No snow here just clear blue skies but will go and get a slice of cake in solidarity
  • pinno

Oooooo, I'm being wheeled out for lunch!

FTFY
  • pinno
    Wood burner is lit, home made bread in the oven...

Snug.
  • @pinno, its true but at least I don't have to drive :p
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    followed up the cake with two pancakes, with lemon from a friend's indoor lemon tree which is bearing fruit in winter, her huge banana plant also is having a go

• veronese68
    Is it a huge plant or does it produce huge bananas? I'm guessing the former if it's only having a go.
  • veronese68
    Just looking at the video from my last wobble into work, here's a better lit view of the big beasties that are invisible in the dark

• sungod

Is it a huge plant or does it produce huge bananas? I'm guessing the former if it's only having a go.

2+ metres tall, quite chunky, trunk maybe 15-20cm diameter, there's a small cluster started, i suspect it will give up soon as it's now got a lot colder where she keeps it

it's been in the same place for years, this is the first time i've seen it produce flowers let alone a hint of fruit, presumably it enjoyed the extended summer

tbh i don't like bananas, but the lemons are lovely
  • pinno
    ...and it's snowing.

The more it snows tiddley pom...
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Need to get some moss killer on those paths Stevo, if loves the damp and shade.

Nearly soup o’clock. After the initial chill, it doesn’t feel as cold as yesterday.
    Yep, need to have a go at the moss monster again. It does add to the rustic charm in the meantime though :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stopped snowing here but we thought it'd be a good chance to bag a Christmas tree. Spent a good while wandering round a mini pine tree forest at a local plant nursery while Mrs. 666 had a bout of indecision of what tree looked nicest...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I got taken for my early birthday lunch by Mrs B³, well I suppose it's a joint one, as she was yesterday and I'm tomorrow. Very good it was too. Might have to snooze it off on the sofa for a bit.

No snow that I could see in Covent Garden.
  • pinno

I got taken for my early birthday lunch by Mrs B³, well I suppose it's a joint one, as she was yesterday and I'm tomorrow. Very good it was too. Might have to snooze it off on the sofa for a bit.

Had some good times in Covent Garden. What did you eat?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Aurora active again. But bleepin' cold out there, not staying out standing still too long in -5 and counting.

Reckon I need to get hold of some long exposure proper camera type kit.

Back inside, toast self at woodburner. And I think a quick prep nosh of garlic mushroom omelette with added chilli will help me warm up 😊
  • Was supposed to be 2 or 3 degrees here. Went out, frost had melted and then the temp dropped to 3 below. In 25 years I have never crashed due to weather conditions. Came off twice, still don't know how, there appeared to be no discernible ice or frost. Now sporting a large swelling on the thigh and more annoyingly a shredded albion insulated jacket and a pair of bibtights with a 2 inch hole in the side 🤬🤬
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Had some good times in Covent Garden. What did you eat?
    Michelin fayne dayning innit. Birthday treat.

There were several tasty canapés with a glass or two of bubbly, bread with chicken butter and liver parfait, sea bream, scallops, turbot, pigeon, a couple of puds, an edible candle cos birthday, and petit fours. A carafe of white and a glass of red that the somm recommended.

No need for dinner.
  • seanoconn

Was supposed to be 2 or 3 degrees here. Went out, frost had melted and then the temp dropped to 3 below. In 25 years I have never crashed due to weather conditions. Came off twice, still don't know how, there appeared to be no discernible ice or frost. Now sporting a large swelling on the thigh and more annoyingly a shredded albion insulated jacket and a pair of bibtights with a 2 inch hole in the side 🤬🤬

Bugger, could have been worst, nothing broken, hope you’re ok. 👍