La Vuelta 2023: Stage 19:- La Bañeza to Íscar, 177.5Km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• No idea what happened at the intermediate sprint. Great camera work as usual.
  • Wiggins is a bad example, because when he was track cyclist he wasn't exactly a waif, the same with Thomas.

It's a long time ago, but I recall the Clinic argument being: "Wiggins raced on the track at over 80kg, it's not possible for someone that size to get to below 70kg without losing muscle mass and hence power, Wiggins hasn't lost power, ergo Wiggins must have some new weight loss drug."

He was a skinny dude in 2012, that's for sure!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Kuss better not crash
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Ganna going to have a go by the looks of it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Keep it going G
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    First time we’ve seen G near the front for a while!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    5 or 6 riders is now apparently 'half the peloton'.

Dianese takes it, Ganna just doesn't quite have the speed to go with the power.
  • mididoctors
    Close
    ..... DSM save their vuelta
  • mididoctors
    Groves is ok ...one guy looked like a collar bone
  • mididoctors
    Something super vulnerable about kuss .
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Was Ganna in higher gear than others? Looked like his cadence was much higher.
  • mididoctors
    mooro said:

Maybe .....I think he is not shy of the big gears
  • Pross
    mooro said:

He just relies on sheer power to compete in the sprint I think, he doesn't look fast compared to the genuine sprinters.
  • Pross said:

mooro said:

He just relies on sheer power to compete in the sprint I think, he doesn't look fast compared to the genuine sprinters.
    He'd probably make an incredible lead out, no massive acceleration but gradual build to a huge top speed. Obviously would need the non physical skills as well
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    I think he could win quite a few reduced bunch sprints in Classics where it's a bit less hectic and everyone is a bit more tired.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,192
    Pippo did say in that post race chat that he's not a sprinter.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited September 2023

andyp said:

I have no idea if that is high or low

He's 1 m 82 high and 61 kgs according to Procyclingstats.
    Yeah, pretty skinny.

I'm the same weight and 13cm shorter.
    7cm taller than Vingegaard, but only 1kg heavier

He has exactly the same measurements as Warren Barguil who has the lowest BMI I've seen in a male cyclist. (Quite happy to be outdone on that one)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

andyp said:

Yeah, pretty skinny.

He has exactly the same measurements as Warren Barguil who has the lowest BMI I've seen in a male cyclist. (Quite happy to be outdone on that one)
    Rasmussen?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited September 2023
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

andyp said:

Yeah, pretty skinny.

Rasmussen?
    1.98m and 104kg.

No my mistake, that's a Canadian Ice Hockey player

Exactly the same as Vingegaard according to google
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,454
    Alpecin rider looking around repeatedly for the train behind him and Groves, so he stupidly rides into the Ineos rider ahead of him I think. Was an Alpecin rider who caused the crash that took Arensman out as well if I remember correctly.

(As a bit of counter balance to the criticism I tend to dish out on the Ineos Crashadiers).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Pross
    m.r.m. said:

Alpecin rider looking around repeatedly for the train behind him and Groves, so he stupidly rides into the Ineos rider ahead of him I think. Was an Alpecin rider who caused the crash that took Arensman out as well if I remember correctly.

(As a bit of counter balance to the criticism I tend to dish out on the Ineos Crashadiers).

The Alpecin rider drifted left when he looked behind and clipped the bars of the EF rider that was passing him.
  • Pross
    No spoiler thread yet for today but it is full live coverage. They’ve just gone over the first climb and it looks like it is going to be a tough day. A break went briefly with Poels and Soler with Remco crossing but they got pulled back. LLS and the Alpecin rider that crashed yesterday are going to find it a battle as they were off the back early in the climb.

Not sure who is going to control the race as JV may try to leave it to Alpecin. Weather looks threatening too. Won’t post anymore in this thread but just wanted to give a heads up as the stage has potential.
  • Pross
    One more just to say break has gone. It’s a big one (about 40) including Remco, Rui Costa, Geraint, Kron and Wilco.