La Vuelta 2023: Stage 8:- Dénia to Xorret del Catí, 165km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• I have had to switch to the Dutch commentary again.
    I find the constant gags and accompanying giggles totally irreverent and irrelevant.

The gags pass me by. It’s the utter garbage about what is happening that grates on me. Plenty of that today- chat about Kuss expanding the gap, when he wasnt. Claiming that Remco could not follow Kuss, when it was crystal clear that Remco just didnt think it was worth it and looked mega relaxed. He just doesn’t seem to know enough to read the race. It is embarrassing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,157
    Remco saying he didn’t really bother sprinting as he thought there were riders in front.
  • Pross said:

Remco saying he didn’t really bother sprinting as he thought there were riders in front.

Looked like he opened the sprint - early - to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross

Pross said:

Looked like he opened the sprint - early - to me.
    I think it might be a bit of mind games. “Yeah, he beat me but I wasn’t trying while he was going all out”.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Pross said:

B o l l o X .. I say
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

Pross said:

B o l l o X .. I say
    He didn't even try to come round Roglic in the final 150 metres, and sat up for the last 50 metres, so I don't think it was complete bollocks.

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    edited September 2023
    Don't think he would have managed it with the road running out on him. Also would not have been worth it for just 4 seconds delta.
    As @mididoctors mentioned, was a very good defensive ride by Remco to neutralize 3 JV and 3 UAE. His team definitely needs the Ineos merger.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972
    m.r.m. said:

Don't think he would have managed it with the road running out on him. Also would not have been worth it for just 4 seconds delta.
    As @mididoctors mentioned, was a very good defensive ride by Remco to neutralize 3 JV and 3 UAE. His team definitely needs the Ineos merger.

How many Ineos riders were there at the end?
    I know it's not their strongest team but still...
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Also true.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Pross
    pblakeney said:

m.r.m. said:

It was only after the first few groups crossed the line I suddenly realised Thomas wasn’t there and there’d been no mention. I think I popped out of the room at the start of the climb so must have missed him getting dropped.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    pblakeney said:

<

De Plus and Arensman were otherwise engaged
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972
    edited September 2023
    RichN95. said:

pblakeney said:

<

De Plus and Arensman were otherwise engaged
    Fair, but there is a theme going there too.
    "Unlucky" only goes so far.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.