• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

Micky mouse this.

Anyone doing better with rider ID?

PCS live feed?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Moto coverage is poor
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    TdG
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Alas not
  • rick_chasey
    Kron with 700m to go.
  • mididoctors
    Kron?
  • Lotto win with Kron.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    That coverage was a shambles.

It’s 2023 and it’s a world tour race. We should be able to identify riders better than that.
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2023
    The sudden weather change threw them a curve ball ... Were the roads too dodgy to race normally?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Really pleased for Kron, he's been due a result for ages
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Do we have the GC yet?
  • Do we have the GC yet?

I checked a couple of minutes ago and 130 riders were yet to cross the finish line.
    (probably it's just the usual organiser efficiency)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Lol

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Can't be true.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2023
    That's really bad if they are relying on Spectator phone footage
  • orraloon
    PCS has whole peloton given same time, only DNF Oscar Onley, shame.
  • mididoctors
    I see only top 2 on GC listed?
  • mididoctors
    orraloon said:

There should be movement on GC for a few riders because of the time bonus points

• mididoctors
    Also was the peloton together at 9k ?
  • orraloon
    orraloon said:

Update: now PCS listing all over the place. This has a v Spanish vibe to it 😉
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    What's the point of watching if its not a race?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972

What's the point of watching if its not a race?

I've not watched a minute yet.
    Hopefully that will change tomorrow.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon said:

orraloon said:

Update: now PCS listing all over the place. This has a v Spanish vibe to it 😉
    First 130 riders are ST, after that it's those who didn't make to the 9km mark losing various amounts of time.
    Pierre Latour last and 9 minutes and change.
  • Pross said:

Rider safety is one thing but a team telling everyone else to slow down because it doesn’t suit one of their leaders p1sses me off. Someone should have told them to FRO.

Quite.
    As I said at the time and now that the dust has settled. Jumbo bullying the peloton to slow down did cost DSM the leader's jersey.
    The gap to the breakaway, at that time, extended by almost a minute and both Romain Bardet and young Brit, Max Poole now sit just 13 seconds down.

What irked me further, was when Michael Storer and Santiago Buitrago crashed and got in a tangle, nobody saw fit to drop the anchor in the peloton. Certainly Buitrago could be considered as a GC possible top 10.

Nothing to do with unwritten rules in that case, just elitism.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Did I hear that Roglic fell off again on Stage 2 or am I imagining that?
  • pblakeney

No, he did fall.
    Controversially Jumbo held up the peloton for him, but not for anyone else who crashed.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    pblakeney said:

No, he did fall.
    Controversially Jumbo held up the peloton for him, but not for anyone else who crashed.
    How can jumbo hold up the peloton if other teams don't let them?
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

No, he did fall.
    How can jumbo hold up the peloton if other teams don't let them?
    They did. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    They will be reluctant to to it again. Jumbo could have shot themselves in the foot there.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    That's a little biased. There were riders from several teams at the front waving 'slow down' after that #n off on that roundabout, where Rog was brought down as was G, if commentators were identifying correctly.