friday now war is declared and battle come down

'ning

sunnyhot, windy

ride cafe to cafe, shopping, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Dry’ish, grey no sign of blue, rain forecast PM

WFW last day of the week so that means a chippy visit. There’ll be beer tonight no doubt and looking at the weekend forecast it could easily turn into a pub weekend...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Up too early for a day off. Dropping hounds off for the day then out riding with a mate before the rain moves in. Mrs. 666 and junior are out for the day so peace will reign.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

WFH for a change although not sure how much W is going to be achieved.

Maybe a brisk 10 mile ride later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    'ning

sunny not hot, windy

drive to swim and back, no shopping, no basking
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Last day of the holiday, chilling at the villa then a nice lunch, more chilling and swimming then taxi picks us up at 19:00, rubbish - can’t be arsed with work
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    pinno said:

'ning

sunny not hot, windy

drive to swim and back, no shopping, no basking

poor beans
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    London calling, come out of the cupboard you boys and girls. I don't mean the closet Seano.
    Looks grey out there, but I haven't actually ventured outside yet. Another busy day of WFH, was 'working' until midnight becasue of the poxy computer system. I say working, I had to wait for a report to run. I will finish early and get myself to a hostelry today though. Possibly seeing an old friend coming down from the North which should be fun. Lad is off to Welsh Wales camping for the weekend, told him to take waterproofs and plenty of chenges of clothing.
    Don't bother coming back TLW, you'll only have emails from idiot customers wandering where their exhausts are becasue their wives are nagging even though they don't need to go anywhere.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Bottom bracket advice please.

I’m a little annoyed that my wife’s parents have bought their grandson a £500 laptop for his birthday and have offered a much lower value present to my son. Price isn’t an issue, I’d be happy if they had £20 each as long as they were treated equally. My parents spent the same on the boys but they are tight arses. My wife’s parents are nice to my son and treat him well for the two weeks we visit. Do I have reason to be annoyed or am I being a twit? Serious question.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Not very nice, but you can't let it get to you so no point in worrying or saying anything as it just breeds more ill feeling. Your son will probably grow up with a fairly dim view of them that is entirely of their own making, and their loss.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    The deluge continues here. Do I need to start building an Ark. I did manage a ride before it really started only got slightly damp. Grandsons new to him bike arrived and he’s rather frustrated that he can’t go out and try it.
    Grandparents and Step grand parents should treat all grand kids the same Seanno. But I wouldn’t say anything like v68 suggests as it probably won’t be received well.
  • tlw1

Morning folks,
    London calling, come out of the cupboard you boys and girls. I don't mean the closet Seano.
    Looks grey out there, but I haven't actually ventured outside yet. Another busy day of WFH, was 'working' until midnight becasue of the poxy computer system. I say working, I had to wait for a report to run. I will finish early and get myself to a hostelry today though. Possibly seeing an old friend coming down from the North which should be fun. Lad is off to Welsh Wales camping for the weekend, told him to take waterproofs and plenty of chenges of clothing.
    Don't bother coming back TLW, you'll only have emails from idiot customers wandering where their exhausts are becasue their wives are nagging even though they don't need to go anywhere.

Ffs will chase them now
  • tlw1

seanoconn said:

Not very nice, but you can't let it get to you so no point in worrying or saying anything as it just breeds more ill feeling. Your son will probably grow up with a fairly dim view of them that is entirely of their own making, and their loss.
    Plus potato
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Morning folks,

Ffs will chase them now
    Sent you an email, it’s in stock now
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Morning folks,

Ffs will chase them now
    Sent you an email, it’s in stock now
    Thankyou, didn't expect anything before next week. Holidays are sacrosanct, but never let that get in the way of urine extraction.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Another sunny warm day in the Homeland, though due to bucket down overnight.

A day of garden fettling, now awaiting departure time for my slot at t'tip with a load of stuff.

Mrs Toad appeared for 2nd day running (she wasn't running) inside the garage door. Released her to the vege patch, get tae work on them wee divvil beasties. Maybe she'd eaten all the woodlice inside the garage, hope so.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    orraloon said:

A day of garden fettling, now awaiting departure time for my slot at t'tip with a load of stuff.

Mrs Toad appeared for 2nd day running (she wasn't running) inside the garage door. Released her to the vege patch, get tae work on them wee divvil beasties. Maybe she'd eaten all the woodlice inside the garage, hope so.

Does Mrs Toad do slugs if so could I hire her for a few days.
  • sungod
    seanoconn said:

I’m a little annoyed that my wife’s parents have bought their grandson a £500 laptop for his birthday and have offered a much lower value present to my son. Price isn’t an issue, I’d be happy if they had £20 each as long as they were treated equally. My parents spent the same on the boys but they are tight arses. My wife’s parents are nice to my son and treat him well for the two weeks we visit. Do I have reason to be annoyed or am I being a twit? Serious question.

yes. but ignore it, you're better than that and your son doesn't care

going back a long time, when i was in single digits, i had a stepfather, his mother would give me a thruppenny bit when she visited, rather than a few bob

it was many years later after my mother had the sense to get shot of the cu​nt that i remember her telling me she was annoyed about it, i never knew, i just thought 'ooo a thruppenny bit', in those days you could get a bag of acid drops, some chocolate cigarettes and still have change
  • orraloon
    edited August 2023
    Interesting that the Cbeebies level forum swear filter doesn't recognise cunt.

Anyways, humans keep being humans. Just let it go, in the longer term things will pan out as they pan. (I think that means... chill man. I'll need to check my history 🤔)

Ok, how did you do that sgod?
  • orraloon
    webboo said:

orraloon said:

Does Mrs Toad do slugs if so could I hire her for a few days.
    Oh yeah! Toads luv 'em. I'll check if she wants to have a holiday.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Don't say anything but find a way to get even...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    orraloon said:

Interesting that the Cbeebies level forum swear filter doesn't recognise censored .

Anyways, humans keep being humans. Just let it go, in the longer term things will pan out as they pan. (I think that means... chill man. I'll need to check my history 🤔)

me and the internet go back a long way
  • seanoconn
    Thanks for the advice peeps. I’ll keep quiet. The missus knows my feelings on the matter.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Thanks for the advice peeps. I’ll keep quiet. The missus knows my feelings on the matter.

Revenge can be fun >:)
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

yes. but ignore it, you're better than that and your son doesn't care

going back a long time, when i was in single digits, i had a stepfather, his mother would give me a thruppenny bit when she visited, rather than a few bob

it was many years later after my mother had the sense to get shot of the cu​nt that i remember her telling me she was annoyed about it, i never knew, i just thought 'ooo a thruppenny bit', in those days you could get a bag of acid drops, some chocolate cigarettes and still have change
    Collected the boy from my parents and his step brother had told him about the laptop but you were right, he wasn’t bothered. Told him I’d buy him one but he says he doesn’t want one. If he was bothered he wouldn’t tell me anyway as he doesn’t like to make a fuss. Good kid.
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

Interesting that the Cbeebies level forum swear filter doesn't recognise censored .

Yep, how the fuck did he do that!?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Don't say anything but find a way to get even...
    👍
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2023
    Now chilling with some tramp fuel after a decent hilly ride earlier with a mate. Ticked off 2 decent challenges - North face of Toys Hill (long) and Yorks Hill - steep (maxed out at 23%), slippery (lean forward and you lose traction: don't lean forward and you start popping wheelies) and rutted. Made it up in one go so that'll do me.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Yep, how the censored did he do that!?
    SG is some sort of omnipotent being
  • veronese68
    Shitty day was finished with a trip to the pub with a couple of mates, beer and talking bollox. All's well now.
    Need to work on my CV over the weekend.
  • Stevo_666

Need to work on my CV over the weekend.

:o Thought you'd been working there since before the motor car was invented V?