my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Glad you’re on the mend SG

Sunny bright and warm, wow

Back to work, WFW today them WAFH for the rest of the week
    Been a busy weekend planting, fixing etc. soon be next weekend :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Failed at a rest day yesterday, but nice to run in the sun. Work snizzle and then another run in the sun.

The joys of MIL over later, so maybe a longer run
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Had a quick session in the gym before work.
    Site meeting later today and hopefully a ride this evening when the rush hour has calmed down a bit.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Everything conspired against me to go out early on the bike.
    So I am going out now...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    2.5h shift already done assisting the removal to skip and trailer of accumulated roof debris various, get the heavy lifting done before it gets too hot. Getting there. But the old stramit (straw and cement) internal boarding is so fragile, fragments everywhere. I plan to (re)wildflower the pile area so no big deal. Right, coffee break over...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A bit weary this morning as an alarm started going off next door at 01:30 and they are away for a few days. Managed to contact them and then went round to find it was the upstairs smoke detector, took it down as there didn’t appear to be a fire. Took a while to get to sleep.
    Anyhow dogs walked before it got too hot, then f@rting about trying to find what was causing the creaking on my bike. Narrowed it down to the front wheel, thought it might the hub which I cleaned and greased. Which seems to have cured it for now.
    Need to do some exercise if I cba.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice after a warm wobble in the sunshine. Rode in on the old steel bike, it does ride nicely for an old thing. I still think the previous frame was nicer though, shame it got bent. It was probably faster being red.
    Lots to do before I go on holiday. Need to go over to the old dear's tonight as the roof leaked in the downpour yesterday. Could do without that.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • homers_double
    Are you going on holiday @v68?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice after a warm wobble in the sunshine. Rode in on the old steel bike, it does ride nicely for an old thing. I still think the previous frame was nicer though, shame it got bent. It was probably faster being red.
    Lots to do before I go on holiday. Need to go over to the old dear's tonight as the roof leaked in the downpour yesterday. Could do without that.
    Onwards and upwards...

Are you going to paint the current steel bike red @v68?
  • pinno
    Bit unusual for aroon' here:

Though i'm not sure how accurate that was. 33 deg c.
    Headwind out was pleasant and the fist 3rd through trees, magic.
    Middle 3rd was Utah with headwind, last 3rd was tailwind and sun on my back Arizona.
    Through town and it peaked at 37.
    Tarmac and paving don't half absorb heat.
  • veronese68

Why yes, how can you tell 😬are you going soonish HD?
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Afternoon folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Are you going to paint the current steel bike red @v68?
    No, too lazy and not fast enough to do it justice.
    Better tubing, Campag dropouts, red paint and a bit of chrome are what's needed. As well as better legs.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Just digesting copious amounts of pork and sauerkraut. Lucky there was plenty of beer to wash it down with :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

More importantly, the lad got the job 🎉
    Isn't starting until September so he can have a summer of fun.

Big result.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Great news! Well done him!
  • Stevo_666

Well done V98.

Sadly the hoped for BMW M track day was nothing of the sort so a few of us bailed out and went down the pub instead...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Well done that lad! 🎉
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Bit behind here. Were you off too ?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Just digesting copious amounts of pork and sauerkraut. Lucky there was plenty of beer to wash it down with :)

Why are you in Germany?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why are you in Germany?
    Re-programming internal model 666 software.
  • homers_double

The grand depart is the 28th of July so a bit to go yet... We "might" have to make a short notice trip to sign some papers but no idea on that timescale as everything in Italy takes longer than usual.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why are you in Germany?
    Work finance conference.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why are you in Germany?
    Re-programming internal model 666 software.
    And that.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Italy, 2 weeks in Tuscan hills then Verona to see family.

The grand depart is the 28th of July so a bit to go yet... We "might" have to make a short notice trip to sign some papers but no idea on that timescale as everything in Italy takes longer than usual.
    People often ask me if I'd like to live in Italy, my usual response is no because I can't be bothered with the amount of faffing. Bureaucracy being a large part of that.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

People often ask me if I'd like to live in Italy, my usual response is no because I can't be bothered with the amount of faffing. Bureaucracy being a large part of that.
    Sounds lovely. Slightly jealous, enjoy 👍
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

V68 always has a jealousy-inducing holiday in Tuscany. I love it there from 2 or 3 visits, but for some reason it's never stuck with Mrs B³. Probably because I'm weapons grade boring about the renaissance portraiture, frescos and churches. The food, roads, wine and scenery are also tip top.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

V68 always has a jealousy-inducing holiday in Tuscany. I love it there from 2 or 3 visits, but for some reason it's never stuck with Mrs B³. Probably because I'm weapons grade boring about the renaissance portraiture, frescos and churches. The food, roads, wine and scenery are also tip top.
    If you ever get bored of Mrs B, we’d make a nice couple. I’d love to spend a week or two slowly cycling around Tuscany, stopping at every opportunity to soak in as much as possible.
  • veronese68
    Can I be gooseberry?
    Still need to do the Eroica
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

If you ever get bored of Mrs B, we’d make a nice couple. I’d love to spend a week or two slowly cycling around Tuscany, stopping at every opportunity to soak in as much as possible.
    Sounds lush. Let's stow away in V's bags.