monday i steal the light from heaven's gates

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    Neither trout nor grayling. Salmon and sea trout do the commute.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Never had grayling, and the only brown trout I've had was heavily sauced. I've had carp, perch, zander, pike. I'd take a humble mackerel over those.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Love sea trout.
    Wild rainbow trout is lovely.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    I actually had an ex-freezer sea trout slice fillet with all the accompaniments for nosh tonight. With a couple of glasses of SB to wash down. Tasty.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,744

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Enjoy Munich Stevo, hopefully you've not had to fly through the storms.

Nope, we're stuck on the frikkin' tarmac at Heathrow waiting for the storm to pass. They're handing out water as its a bit warm - where's the bloody wine?

And to top it off there's a German woman sat next to me with 'noticeable' BO...
    She'll be sat next to you on the plane. Ha ha!
    She already is, they're on the tarmac.
    Pity she isn't a bit fatter then she wouldn't have been able to sit in her seat.
    should've gone club, or is she so wide she'd have spilled over the middle seat too?

at least with long-haul there's the pre-departure bubbly
    Sadly tightwad company travel policy is short haul = economy. Trip to Tokyo in the near future should be OK though.

Given my experience in the last 12 months or so, if you can get a flight, fly Japan Airlines biz class. Much better service, food and booze than BA club world, and you get the BA points and miles. One of the middle or far east carriers might be even better. V jealous, I'd love to go back to Tokyo, but that won't happen with work in the near future. I do get to visit Hong Kong and Dallas once a year though, but they only pay for "premium" cattle, though if I pick my dates, there are some biz fares cheaper than that.
    Cheers B3. Will wait for the invite the see what I can sort.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 616
    orraloon said:

I actually had an ex-freezer sea trout slice fillet with all the accompaniments for nosh tonight. With a couple of glasses of SB to wash down. Tasty.

Special Brew??
  • orraloon
    Munsford0 said:

orraloon said:

Special Brew??
    Ooh, that's Bad Manners!

I like good beers, and can say I have never even as a yoof been tempted to try Special Brew. Or Tennants Super. Or any similar shite.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    That was indeed Bad Manners:
    I love you yes I do...
    What poets 😂
    I tried Special Brew, it is indeed shite. Carlsberg Elephant Beer was the better tasting stronger brew of theirs back in the day. So many good beers available now we're spoilt for choice.
    Talking of which, I'm off to the pub 👍
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Special Brew isn't so bad if it's very cold. You can say the same of most lagers, and at least Spesh packs a punch. What was that one from my youth? Gold label
    barley wine. There's a few high abv belgian beers that taste not so far different from tramp fuel. Mind you, Kestrel Super, Tennents Super and Oranjeboom black are all foul.
  • veronese68
    Very cold only masks the fact they taste bad. The continentals laugh at the fact that we serve real ales relatively warm, but if a beer tastes good at a temperature over about 4°C that's because it is good and doesn't need to hide.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    edited June 2023
    I do not like Lager.
    So I don't feel like I am missing much.

Though I do recall the B team (there was six teams from the same snooker club, I was in C) had won the league above the A team so they were celebrating a double.
    I got an 'invite' so to speak and was drinking Bud stone cold in glass that came out of the fridge. All paid for.
    I cannot remember how many I had but I swear I was reasonably okay when I left the club but on the 1 mile and a bit I walked home, once I got home, I could not get the key in the door. My Irish flat mate let me in laughing and taking the pi$$ out of me and put me in on top of my bed (very unceremoniously) where the world took some time to stop spinning. I clung on for dear life.

So that extra cold lager had one helluva delayed effect.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    I think that may be the effect of moving into colder air somehow amplifying the booze. No idea how that works, but you can feel alright, then once you're outside it hits you.
    Or so I've heard 😬