'ning

warm and forecast thundery

cafe stroll wfh laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,857
    Morning Marchands de tapis

Cloudy. Yep, cloudy. You wouldn't believe it.
    Back to project rental, meh.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Work snizzle and a rest day, which bores me
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903
    edited June 2023
    sunny, rather humid, reminiscent of southern india just before monsoon

had an iced coffee, would have been good with some cantuccini
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    Had a good weekend and didn't update you all so here it is briefly.

Friday afternoon, caught lots of decent fish, went to the pub.
    Saturday was my first time back in clips, set off on a long ride and turned around because of the wind. Managed about 25k. Went to a few pubs.
    Sunday, had a decent 60k ride, sat in the garden with frozen peas on my knee, changed my bar tape. Went to parents for dinner.

WFW today, site meeting, possible early bail and a ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970
    Morning Peeps,

Short session working in the cave then headed for the airport this afternoon to catch a flight to Munich, where there will be beer consumed, some fast German metal driven and a spot of work. A bit like being at home then :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, slightly different priorities this week as I'm trying not to leave too much of the brown stuff for my colleagues to deal with when I go on holiday.
    I may mention my holiday every day this week as it pleases me.
    Enjoy Munich Stevo, I'd recommend beer after the expensive German metal. Will you tell them you prefer your AMG?
  • homers_double
    6 weeks or so until my holiday, I'd get tired of mentioning it every day for that long.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Enjoy Munich Stevo, I'd recommend beer after the expensive German metal. Will you tell them you prefer your AMG?

If I get the chance o:) That said, I'm still assuming at the moment, won't find out until tomorrow afternoon. So looks like it'll be beer first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Hot, sunny and very windy here. Did a few chores, searched unsuccessfully for Mrs W lost earring. Rode my bike for a bit and watched the cycling and the bouldering World Cup. We had a British winner for the first time in 16 years.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Cor. Biblical hailstorm just about finished here. Bang crash wallop.
  • beansnikpoh
    Enjoy Munich Stevo, hopefully you've not had to fly through the storms.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Fryingly hot here today. Roofers team did a lot of work in 29-30C in direct sun. I kept ducking inside into shade as way too hot for me. I ran out of ice cubes for their cold water supply in the thermos.

Watertight again. I hope. But no rain forecasted and no sign as yet 🤞 of thunderstorm buildup.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2023

Nope, we're stuck on the frikkin' tarmac at Heathrow waiting for the storm to pass. They're handing out water as its a bit warm - where's the bloody wine?

And to top it off there's a German woman sat next to me with 'noticeable' BO...
  • veronese68

Cor. Biblical hailstorm just about finished here. Bang crash wallop.

Yes, the biblical storm delaying Stevo's flight passed over here a short while ago, still raining. It's going to be a splashy wobble home, my fault for taking the mudguards off a couple of weeks ago.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Nope, we're stuck on the frikkin' tarmac at Heathrow waiting for the storm to pass. They're handing out water as its a bit warm - where's the bloody wine?

She'll be sat next to you on the plane. Ha ha!
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

She already is, they're on the tarmac.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pity she isn't a bit fatter then she wouldn't have been able to sit in her seat.
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pity she isn't a bit fatter then she wouldn't have been able to sit in her seat.
    should've gone club, or is she so wide she'd have spilled over the middle seat too?

at least with long-haul there's the pre-departure bubbly
  • homers_double
    @pinno i know it it’s not fluff chucking

stuff but I got these stalking with surfaced fished bread. Plain & simple
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

@pinno i know it it’s not fluff chucking

stuff but I got these stalking with surfaced fished bread. Plain & simple

Fly fishing is all about being on the river, watching the wildlife go by - perhaps even a king fisher and seeing the day unfold.
    Whereas coarse seems to be 'I want to catch a fish'.

Yes?

I mainly do (did) catch and release, unless it was over 4lbs.
  • homers_double
    Yes I suppose it is all about catching fish rather than having a day out.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Was that (Carp?) edible?
  • homers_double
    Monks brought them (Carp) to the UK years ago as a sustainable food source so probably, yes.
    I wouldn't eat one though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

should've gone club, or is she so wide she'd have spilled over the middle seat too?

Sadly tightwad company travel policy is short haul = economy. Trip to Tokyo in the near future should be OK though.

Not sure that a middle seat would have been totally effective, especially on the BO front...

• sungod

Monks brought them (Carp) to the UK years ago as a sustainable food source so probably, yes.
    I wouldn't eat one though.

carp good if prepared properly, often have in it poland

it needs scaling and there's a bit that must be cut out to avoid a nasty taste, ok if someone else is doing it, otherwise a bit fiddly
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sadly tightwad company travel policy is short haul = economy. Trip to Tokyo in the near future should be OK though.

Given my experience in the last 12 months or so, if you can get a flight, fly Japan Airlines biz class. Much better service, food and booze than BA club world, and you get the BA points and miles. One of the middle or far east carriers might be even better. V jealous, I'd love to go back to Tokyo, but that won't happen with work in the near future. I do get to visit Hong Kong and Dallas once a year though, but they only pay for "premium" cattle, though if I pick my dates, there are some biz fares cheaper than that.
  • beansnikpoh
    I think Seano has to eat carp on Xmas eve.

Most freshwater fish taste a bit muddy n'est ce pas?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036

Trout? Sea trout? Salmon? Grayling?

My dad was a polis in village on the R Spey, one of the most sought after rivers for the huntin' shootin' fishin' class, and their big prize was the salmon. Whereas sea trout was given away, especially to my dad. I have childhood memories of 'oh not sea trout for dinner again'! Same applied to venison in the winter. 🧐 Different times.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited June 2023
    orraloon said:

My dad was a polis in village on the R Spey, one of the most sought after rivers for the huntin' shootin' fishin' class, and their big prize was the salmon. Whereas sea trout was given away, especially to my dad. I have childhood memories of 'oh not sea trout for dinner again'! Same applied to venison in the winter. 🧐 Different times.
    You'll notice "most"...🙂
  • beansnikpoh

orraloon said:

You'll notice "most"...🙂
    To be fair, the ones you mention are also salt water fish.