friday encountering an uncountable infinity of possible pineapples

2»

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,666
    Afternoon! What a beautiful day. WFW thus morning. Hospital appointment this afternoon. Things actually OK for a change.
    It's Friday. Does that mean pineapples are OK on pizza tonight? One night only?
    Haha! All the talk about 18th's made me remember mine. Drinking bottles of bubbly and shagging girlfriend in the back of a Rolls Royce! Don't remember what I got but recall it made me a little bit itchy :D

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Not ever acceptable, the like was for the story about the Roller
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088

Not ever acceptable, the like was for the story about the Roller
    You should have hit the flag button too! :smiley:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

seanoconn said:

The boy is 18 today. I bought him a zippo lighter and some ciggies. I think that's what I got for my 18th.

You didn’t?
    People get weird things for birthdays. For example: your correspondent received a Remington 11-48 shotgun for his 13th anniversary of existence.

To save you the JFGI, that was a 5 cartridge semi-automatic 12 gauge. Just the thing for a teenager, no?

Oh, and it had a cut-down stock for comfort and a barrel shortened by about an inch and a half to promote a wider shot pattern.

So yeah, I was given a sawn-off shotgun - literally - for my 13th birthday.
    I got a 45metre 11mm climbing rope for my 18th birthday. I can’t remember where I spent it though although I did get dragged out for a family meal at some point.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Old geezers reminiscing eh?

First, well deserved coldie opened. 4h gravel ride, hot, bone dry, dusty esp on the forest drive bits, occasional vehickle creating clouds like it was a dry Paris Roubaix.

Did a repeat of a loop around a loch I did back in 2021, then the gravel section was a pleasant cruise. Now there's been heavy prob forestry machinery over a 6km section which was horrible, big rough stones, loosing grip and traction, unclipped, walking pace at times. Need a MTB for that bit now.

1st time ever of the day: a young adder crossing in front of me, I swerved and went back to take a look, it was less than a foot long and quite thin. Agile though. Never seen an adder before.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

I might become a target at this distance 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Keep your head down, don't speak and don't go to the loo.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

Tell 'em you're a crack addict.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited June 2023
    We took the boy, his girlfriend and mini to Meat Liquor (burger place that he likes) for his birthday lunch. We all tucked in. We ask for the bill, and it's been comped. Mrs B³ has been following the CEO and he's been following her on the Instagram since forever, and she'd posted a picture or something (my understanding is limited) , and the guy called the restaurant we were in. We left the waitress a big cash tip because why should she miss out. I'm still full.

I might investigate this social media thing, but I'm such a misanthrope, I'm sure I'd not get free food, probably get arrested.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,666
    seanoconn said:

I usually find this a mis-spelling of cr#p :)

Hope it went well. Big collection of tomatoes and lettuce?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    pinno said:

Are you going to ride around the boat deck* CC today?
    Could you see the bikes going up the hill/down the hill from where you are?
    How big is this frikkin fridge?
    Are you on board a boat in the Irish sea just to fix a fridge or is this a regular feature?
    Can you see the Solway coast or Eyrlan'?

*I'm trying to work it out... are you on a Ferry?

So many questions @Charlie_Croker.

@pinno
    sorry to confuse you, it's a 45' yacht with a tiny fridge on the east coast (UK)
    helping to fix the unit (my job), it's a pain to be honest. All done now, they have sailed
    watching the TT on telly/race radio I'm not in the IOM unfortunately, it’s warmer over there!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088

pinno said:

Are you going to ride around the boat deck* CC today?
    Could you see the bikes going up the hill/down the hill from where you are?
    How big is this frikkin fridge?
    Are you on board a boat in the Irish sea just to fix a fridge or is this a regular feature?
    Can you see the Solway coast or Eyrlan'?

*I'm trying to work it out... are you on a Ferry?

So many questions @Charlie_Croker.

@pinno
    sorry to confuse you, it's a 45' yacht with a tiny fridge on the east coast (UK)
    helping to fix the unit (my job), it's a pain to be honest. All done now, they have sailed
    watching the TT on telly/race radio I'm not in the IOM unfortunately, it’s warmer over there!
    CC, ofishal job title: Yacht fridge fixer bloke.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!