Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    That was like the old days
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    LLS AND G Done GOOD HELPING OUT
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    All his experience there, he had the key wheel of Milan but took the chance to follow when Gaviria went early and no-one else reacted in time.
  • mididoctors
    Cav thanks G
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    I didn't pick him to not jinx it
  • mididoctors
    LLS should go to the tour with him
  • Pross
    Must have been 5 bike lengths despite sitting up to celebrate
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Cav thanks G

I think he's thanked and hugged just about everyone :)
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    That was worth watching this shit giro for 3 weeks to see
  • mididoctors
    G is a hero
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Amazing!

Ineos picked it up pretty early on when you look back.
  • mididoctors
    Instant bruising on Ackerman... oufff
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    JimD666 said:

Buckle up for the interview :D

Didn’t disappoint!
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

I didn't pick him to not jinx it

I didnt watch live not to jinx it :)

Yay Cav!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    Well that was just a bit good eh? As I said in the Cav thread, he's the only rider who's made me jump up and down in front of the TV and did it again today. Great to see the brits helping him out! 😅
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • mididoctors

Well that was just a bit good eh? As I said in the Cav thread, he's the only rider who's made me jump up and down in front of the TV and did it again today. Great to see the brits helping him out! 😅

I got vocal and moved around a bit
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    “It’s the smoke from the BBQ love. I’ll be fine in a minute”.
  • mididoctors
    Don't spray my Italian duds mate
  • mididoctors
    Ryder has let himself go
  • mididoctors
    Oh well ...next year I guess
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    There's a lot of nostalgia in a lot of languages for early teens British Cycling on twitter at the moment... 😁
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Always a pleasure to see

Photo borrowed of beeb site
  • Pross

“It’s the smoke from the BBQ love. I’ll be fine in a minute”.

Combination of head cold and hay fever here.
  • mididoctors
    JimD666 said:

Always a pleasure to see

Photo borrowed of beeb site

He got carried to the front end well .....MILAN was nowhere ...sat up . I think he had to move up from a long way back after G pulled?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Only seen the photo above but absolutely delighted that Cav won today.
    And with G helping that is simply awesome.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    But I thought he was finished, kaput! People said so.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I genuinely had goosebumps when Thomas called LLS onto his wheel. Absolute class act.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969

LLS AND G Done GOOD HELPING OUT

I'm fairly sure there was a fist bump on the corner when G dropped off.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    Perfect teamwork that leaves the sprinter up front not on the limit or in the wind so they can have the luxury to access the situation while everyone else is close to the limit .
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    ddraver said:

There's a lot of nostalgia in a lot of languages for early teens British Cycling on twitter at the moment... 😁

Twitter has gone Cav mental. It’s tremendous. Who won the GC btw?