Giro 2023: Stage 14: Sierre – Cassano Magnago 193 km? One Big Lump or Pan Flat??? ***Spoilers***

13»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,608
    I think gee?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    That was close
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Surprising ending
  • mididoctors
    Clearly denz
  • mididoctors
    Good transition stage .
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,015
    Derek Gee sounds so, so disappointed.
    Understandably so.
  • mididoctors
    Denzs voice does not match his size
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,952
    I am surprised that Jumbo have allowed Ineos to ditch the jersey.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

Derek Gee sounds so, so disappointed.
    Understandably so.

He made that massive effort to reduce the gap to break at 25k to go

• mididoctors
    Amarail in the jersey
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,566
    Good work Nico, single handedly saving my velogames team.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229

I am surprised that Jumbo have allowed Ineos to ditch the jersey.

Well if Jumbo wanted to play silly beggars and Ineos were determined to lose the jersey maybe G would a have just held back off the group for a few seconds at the finish and forced Roglic to take it. Now that would have been amusing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,263
    Dangerous game letting jerseys go in this Giro. Who knows what the actual parcours will be
  • mididoctors

Dangerous game letting jerseys go in this Giro. Who knows what the actual parcours will be

Anyone else getting the feeling maybe neither ineos or jumbo are going to win this

• red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,107
    What happened to Dunbar today? He lost 3 minutes and dropped out of the top-10
  • rick_chasey

Anyone else getting the feeling maybe neither ineos or jumbo are going to win this

It’s an argument for smaller teams as presumably they’ve let it go because they have fairly limited resources.
  • mididoctors
    red.rider said:

Did he crash with pinot
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,642
    The notion that the GC riders haven't been attacking because the race has been so tough seems slightly contradicted by the fact that the same riders seems to be managing to ride in the break every stage.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,082
    mrb123 said:

The notion that the GC riders haven't been attacking because the race has been so tough seems slightly contradicted by the fact that the same riders seems to be managing to ride in the break every stage.

Strikes me that both Ineos and Jumbo are saving it all for the Queen stage and the hilly TT. Risky.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,765
    I just don't think the terrain has been there
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,153

red.rider said:

Did he crash with pinot
    Maybe a bike change as he was given 80th place in the end coming in with the main group and retains his GC position
  • mididoctors
    mrb123 said:

The GC teams have held back ....the headwind to grand sasso seemed legit but Rohan blaming head wind on stage 13 was bs
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,464

mrb123 said:

The GC teams have held back ....the headwind to grand sasso seemed legit but Rohan blaming head wind on stage 13 was bs
    Thomas said the same about stage13 though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,082
    I find the idea that riders tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth during a race quite funny.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors

mrb123 said:

Roglic said it was because he is stiff from his crashes
  • rick_chasey
    edited May 2023

mrb123 said:

Didn't realise Croneberg's film was based on him.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,046

Well, I fear it's a case of here we go again. Sure, this would have been raced in the past, but nowadays?

back in the day

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors

mrb123 said:

Didn't realise Croneberg's film was based on him.
    Lol. Wound profile