Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 5: Atripalda - Salerno, 171 km - bumpy then downhill ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,967
    Bloody inconsiderate dog owners! 🤬
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    On the positive side the dog seems to have jogged away quite happily.

Remco looks really quite stiff on the bike - took a while before he even started pedalling.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,277
    Looks like he is going to be ok
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,075
    Dogs *eyeroll*
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,444
    I'm putting this down to Remco's suspect handling. Ballerini goes down on the left, his bike slides all the way through the peloton to the right (an Ineos jsut swerves it in the right gutter), then at some point a bit later Remco is down on the right where the Ineos rider dodged. Seems like Remco and Ballerini were the only ones down
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Average speed 32kmh ....going to take forever
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Roads are glassy as feck
  • mididoctors

I'm putting this down to Remco's suspect handling. Ballerini goes down on the left, his bike slides all the way through the peloton to the right (an Ineos jsut swerves it in the right gutter), then at some point a bit later Remco is down on the right where the Ineos rider dodged. Seems like Remco and Ballerini were the only ones down

Experience....
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,444
    Mads P takes the 5pts left on the intermediate, followed by Milan and Mathews
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Still 100k
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,993
    There was a loose dog yesterday too but somehow didn't cause an issue (or get run down by the team cars).

Maybe that's why Remco is insisting on wearing 20 layers of clothing on every stage.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,178
    I saw someone suggest that Lefevre will sign Antonio Tiberi as a minder for Evenepoel
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

I saw someone suggest that Lefevre will sign Antonio Tiberi as a minder for Evenepoel

Ouffff
  • mididoctors
    50k ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,993
    Descent looks horrendous.
  • rick_chasey
    Kirby must be having kittens, the moto 3 camera has gone down on a roundabout.
  • mididoctors
    20 km
  • rick_chasey
    edited May 2023
    One man left in the front Zoccorato and it looks like his gears are broken. 17km to go, 52s.

• mididoctors
    Zoccarto going for the oscar
  • rick_chasey
    Sean Kelly telling Hatch to be less excited - forum bores will be delighted haha.
  • rick_chasey
    13km to go and still 56s.
  • rick_chasey
    Crosswind finish, FYI. 11.4km to go.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,781
    Looks like it will be a sprint. Is there a reason why a bet on Cavendish at 19 is foolish? i.e. is there a hill to come?
  • mididoctors
    Teams worried about the X wind
  • rick_chasey

Looks like it will be a sprint. Is there a reason why a bet on Cavendish at 19 is foolish? i.e. is there a hill to come?

Nope.
  • mididoctors
    Haven't seen cav all day ..probably a good thing . Hope he performs
  • TheBigBean
    Big split due to crash
  • mididoctors
    So scary though the corners
  • mididoctors
    Crash
  • TheBigBean
    Gavira