“Yona Tan Mee Lan”

2»

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    I'm aware. I still find Milan incredibly impressive considering his lead outs have been pretty terrible so far. With Pedersen's lead out, he looks like he would be winning 3-4 stages this Giro already.
    Of course my statement was quite a bit of hyperbole, but Ganna hasn't exactly matched his track record on the road outside of TT's.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Milan v Ganna is a strange comparison to make.
    Very different riders in very different teams. I wouldn't compare them.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    edited May 2023
    That is true. Sprinters have an inherent advantage when it comes to winning races. His climbing ability could translate very well to the classics though. Milan is part of the gold medal winning Italian track squads that Ganna heads up, so that is the basis of the comparison. They are definitely different rider types, but when both target classics eventually it's a wash.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    For the OP, Hatch had changed his pronunciation to Jonatan now

Not sure if this is better or worse in the OPs opinion
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    I very much like Hatch's pronunciations, and clearly he checks, and amends as required, so very willing to adapt and learn.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    daniel_b said:

I very much like Hatch's pronunciations, and clearly he checks, and amends as required, so very willing to adapt and learn.

Agree. And interesting to hear him talk in his 'native' Lancastrian when he's been on e.g. The Cycling Podcast.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    He's stopped repeating himself as well, which was starting to grate. It's nice that he clearly takes feedback on board and wants to improve
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    orraloon said:

daniel_b said:

Agree. And interesting to hear him talk in his 'native' Lancastrian when he's been on e.g. The Cycling Podcast.
    I’ve noticed his accent coming through more in commentary recently. He always hid it quite well pre-GCN takeover, not sure whether it is because he’s working alongside others with strong accents or just that I now realise it is there and notice it more.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Signs for Lidl-Trek to 2026
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095

Funny moment for the language police

In What's Occurring, G asked his masseuse who Aurelien PP rose for and he said "Ah Jay Deux Air" to which G replied "Ah, AG2R"

There should be a liason between the deux and R so Ehjey deuhzair
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme