Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 3: Vasto - Melfi, 216 km - Hilly ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Race on now. Damage being done.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Rohan Dennis can't hold the wheels ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pinot going for the Kom
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Kuss mechanical
  • mididoctors
    Mads dropped near the summit
  • mrb123
    Pederson a few seconds off the back over the top but got plenty of support.
  • mididoctors
    Mads close could get back on
  • mididoctors
    Nice road
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Mads close could get back on

He's pretty much back already
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Mads back on
  • mrb123
    Issue for Almeida
  • mididoctors
    Almeida losing wheels on descent poss Mechanical
  • mididoctors
    Almeida took an off
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    The other Mads (Würtz Schmidt) chutes on the descent but back up
  • mididoctors
    Almeida is braking IN the corners
  • mididoctors
    Remco takes bonus secs
  • mrb123
    Remco nice move to win the intermediate sprint from Rog.
  • mididoctors
    McNulty giving it "saving it for the third " energy
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,636
    Quite a big bunch heading into the final bump
  • rick_chasey
    (Nothing like suddenly getting a big work opportunity on your bank holiday when you’re gassing it on the turbo watching the giro. Streeeess)
  • rick_chasey
    Matthews takes it from a long way out and almost runs out of puff
  • mididoctors
    Bling
  • mrb123
    Matthews. Quite a well timed weave in front of Mads as he started to fade.
  • mididoctors
    Jayco did a lot of the work.on the climbs ...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    censored censored censored censored censored
  • rick_chasey

Game was up when he had to dig too deep earlier on
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,150
    Kept expecting Pedersen to come around on a long sprint like that. Slight drift left in the last 50m was just enough to stop it happening.
  • rick_chasey
    Obviously no one fell off so we won’t talk about sprint line deviations…
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,150
    Albanese got in the way a bit as the sprint started too.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Game was up when he had to dig too deep earlier on
    Was clear Mathews thought he had legs today, Jayco did a shedload of work