Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 3: Vasto - Melfi, 216 km - Hilly ***SPOILERS***

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,805
edited May 2023 in Pro race
Can't wait for blazing to get back
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors
    edited May 2023

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    edited May 2023
    Looks like a good last 50km that.
  • mididoctors
    Hard to.call .... Points jersey guys mads et al will try and follow if GC contenders try anything... But far from the end ..
  • mididoctors
    No info on how technical the descent is
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,641
    Could be the day Remco lets the jersey go.

Sprinters teams aren't necessarily going to chase and no one on GC wants to do that work on the flat

You'd expect Trek to chase a bit as Mads is the best at getting over lumps like that and sprinting
  • kingstongraham
    Everyone will want to get in the break.

Last 350m are 5% after a right hand turn.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750

Sprinters teams aren't necessarily going to chase and no one on GC wants to do that work on the flat

You'd expect Trek to chase a bit as Mads is the best at getting over lumps like that and sprinting

He specifically said it would be S4 after the TT.
    He could have been bluffing. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023

Think QS would love that ..but the mads matts and Magnuses of this world will bring it back is my guess groves is touted to be in with a shot
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023

Everyone will want to get in the break.

Last 350m are 5% after a right hand turn.

Break Might be hard to form ... The stiff slow speed final sprint ramp was why I picked Remco

GC guys from a reduced bunch are going to have to sprint to close any small splits
  • mididoctors
    Groves is getting the blame on social media for stage 2 crash
  • mididoctors
    Soft break !? no one interested except 2 lone Italians from same team ...total lack of interest
  • kingstongraham
    Is that it?
  • mididoctors
    Surprising .
  • mididoctors
    Everyone waiting to see who wants to control.. lot of bluffing
  • kingstongraham
    I can see trek, jayco and alpecin might want no proper break, but the others?
  • mididoctors

I think teams are waiting to see who wants to take on the responsibility... QS are predictably leaving it to others .

• kingstongraham

I think teams are waiting to see who wants to take on the responsibility... QS are predictably leaving it to others .

What are Astana (for example) hoping to get out of today now they aren't in a strong break?

• mididoctors
    Konyshevs son in the 2 man break
  • kingstongraham

What are Astana (for example) hoping to get out of today now they aren't in a strong break?

This means it's a nailed on win for Moscon today, by the way.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,466

Surprising .

Isn't it the same every year at the giro?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    gsk82 said:

Surprising .

Isn't it the same every year at the giro?
    Not Every profile

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104

Groves is getting the blame on social media for stage 2 crash

With some justification, I think. He takes his right hand off the bars and moves Davide Ballerini right with a push. That caused a ripple effect and led directly to the crash.

• mididoctors
    Only 90 k to go
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Even the GCN team can’t be bothered to talk up the action so far (we may even find Hatch doesn’t brand it one of the greatest races in a generation)
  • mididoctors
    Hills approach ...bunch getting into racing
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,310
    Looks like the GC teams might get a bit involved here - if only to keep a wet descent calm
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Jayco
  • mididoctors
    Trek
  • mididoctors
    It's pacey
  • mididoctors
    Lot of guys out the back