saturday is an anomalous extradimensional manifold

'ning

nippybright

ride away cobwebs, cafes, laze, need to get some savoury nibbles, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063
    Run, point to point (unfortunately not borrowing a car this year) then pub. Probably less pub than yesterday though
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,017
    @tlw1 Couldn't you borrow a horse?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Finished mate's door this morning whilst I sipped coffee and enjoyed the sunlight which was directly into my garage. Perfect.

Kids entertainment crew aren't due till after lunch but that's fine 'cos then I can continue watching Vingegaard's Basque training camp and the women's PR.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137
    It's still dry! 😎 More garden fettling, evict those bleepin' furrins Spanish... bluebells, thousands of the barstewards already bagged. Bed prep, maybe get planted out this little dwarf crab apple tree I've kept tubbed up these past 3 years.

Mayhap get a ride in laterz, if enough energy remains.

Enjoy the springtime peeps.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

It's still dry! 😎 More garden fettling, evict those bleepin' furrins Spanish... bluebells, thousands of the barstewards already bagged. Bed prep, maybe get planted out this little dwarf crab apple tree I've kept tubbed up these past 3 years.

Mayhap get a ride in laterz, if enough energy remains.

Enjoy the springtime peeps.

Would you like some native bluebell seeds?
    Only - if you have any remaining Spanish bluebells, they can cross breed into fertile hybrids.
  • pinno
    Though (as I have discovered), Spanish bluebells have been here for 300 years, so what is 'native' ?
  • orraloon
    Bleedin' furrins!

The w-i-p area next the greenhouse which is to become a raised bed. Repeated hits with glyphosate and they're still growing, if a lot paler.

while these wee 'beauties' have been hit twice and look in fine fettle. No way to dig them out of the crevices. The war will be long and challenging.

Welcome to the gardening forum.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    napalm?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,660
    Afternoon folks, currently sat on a bench in mildly sunny Wombledon town. I'm outside what was the town hall, now a Tesco Express. Is this progress? Meeting friends daughter and small person then going to the Common for a stroll.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    orraloon said:

Bleedin' furrins!

The w-i-p area next the greenhouse which is to become a raised bed. Repeated hits with glyphosate and they're still growing, if a lot paler.

while these wee 'beauties' have been hit twice and look in fine fettle. No way to dig them out of the crevices. The war will be long and challenging.

Welcome to the gardening forum.

Try resurfacing with loads of concrete.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    Another lie in, why not. Popped down to Tunbridge Wells to get a few things and now stopped back I town getting a bite. New rake turned up earlier so will do the extra gravel on the parking area later (me emptying.sacks of gravel and Mrs. 666 supporting with the rake to make sure its nice n tidy...)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    sungod said:

napalm?

Paraquat? Now that "we've taken back control"? Wotz rong wiv usin' compounds that are toxic to humans eh?

Tried a variation by adding detergent to the mix, attack the waxy leaf cuticle which resists active contact with the glyphosate. That and flame gun attacks to come.
  • pinno
    Make door gate thingy:

Fit door gate thingy:

• pinno
    ..sideways ?!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Went over to Devon for a bit, met up with Mrs B3's niece, who is also mini's 43 year old cousin, what with Mrs B3's eldest sister being quite a lot older, and having her first kid young.

Now sitting in a chair, and I might just close my eyes for a bit, being old.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,598

Went over to Devon for a bit, met up with Mrs B3's niece, who is also mini's 43 year old cousin, what with Mrs B3's eldest sister being quite a lot older, and having her first kid young.

R
    Ahhh to be able to close one’s old eyes without being pestered for bubble tea, Easter eggs, all manner of food and drink, going to the park, playing table tennis etc etc etc.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Make door gate thingy:

Fit door gate thingy:

Very nice 👌 your mate just needs you to make some walls to match the door.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Make door gate thingy:
    Very nice 👌 your mate just needs you to make some walls to match the door.

He does ...and he owes me.

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

R
    Ahhh to be able to close one’s old eyes without being pestered for bubble tea, Easter eggs, all manner of food and drink, going to the park, playing table tennis etc etc etc.
    What is 'bubble tea' ?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

R
    What is 'bubble tea' ?
    flavoured tea based drink served with chewy flavoured tapioca balls. Originating from Asia. Kids like it.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

R
    What is 'bubble tea' ?
    Tea for the Greeks
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    A bit slow start today, kicked off walking the dogs. Then a bike ride on which I didn’t need full winter gear, I seem to have ridden 180 miles plus this week. Which is not bad I think given I only started riding again 4 weeks ago.
    It can only go downhill from here.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

R
    What is 'bubble tea' ?
    flavoured tea based drink served with chewy flavoured tapioca balls. Originating from Asia. Kids like it.
    My girls like... tea.
    Shorty will get up at 7.30 am and make her own.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited April 2023
    They'd like bubble tea if it was in the shop down the road. I hate it, it's like getting globs of fruity snot in your drink.

Flat pack assembly finished, well, Mini's wardrobe is. Mrs B³ is making a bit of a pig's ear of painting the hall a vile shade of mint green, after having bought some flat pack drawers for the wardrobe without measuring the width of the wardrobe, with predictable results. I built the drawers first, then went to fit the runners, and realised the drawers are approx 250mm too wide. 🙄
  • pinno
    Forgot: This day (8th April) 30 years ago, I had my bone marrow transplant.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063
    Met a film ish star today who played Steven Hawkins - absolute gentlemen and a giggle
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Met a film ish star today who played Steven Hawkins - absolute gentlemen and a giggle

If Eddie Redmayne, I wouldn’t call an Oscar winner an “ish” star 👍
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Why does that make me hungry? Glad you’re still around Mr P 👍
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Why does that make me hungry? Glad you’re still around Mr P 👍
    Cheers Seano.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Glad it worked, they threatened me with similar almost 20 years ago. Thankfully it turned out I didn't need it.