thursday beyond the silver vortex

'ning

seems to be getting nippier again, with hint of soggy

cafe stroll, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,789
    A day working with relative heat as the family are away overnight meaning I can work near the aga, would have gone with them but the wife decided to book it yesterday afternoon and was surprised when I said I couldn’t go due to meetings 🤬

    Bright side a couple of runs organised later with different ladies
  • Moaning,

    feels cooler again today, not raining this morning over he in the west (Manchester)

    Last day WAFH so will get reacquainted with trusty stead tonight and have a wee ride if time permits - a beer is in order too I think :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 57,718
    Would have taken the bike but some t*** organised an 8am meeting which would have meant getting up even earlier, so will have to make do with a weekend pedal instead. Could do with more sleep.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 57,718
    tlw1 said:



    Bright side a couple of runs organised later with different ladies

    Does the wife know about this? :o
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,789
    Stevo_666 said:

    tlw1 said:



    Bright side a couple of runs organised later with different ladies

    Does the wife know about this? :o
    Not my first rodeo - group WhatsApp group she is a member of but runs with a different set of people 😉

    First one tonight used to be a model and the second is easy on the eye. Might not lead the run tonight
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,031
    Stevo_666 said:

    Would have taken the bike but some t*** organised an 8am meeting which would have meant getting up even earlier, so will have to make do with a weekend pedal instead. Could do with more sleep.

    SG would have complained how late this meeting is.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,789
    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Would have taken the bike but some t*** organised an 8am meeting which would have meant getting up even earlier, so will have to make do with a weekend pedal instead. Could do with more sleep.

    SG would have complained how late this meeting is.
    He hates an afternoon meeting
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,031
    Morning Ameoba

    Very bright, nippy, slight frost.
    Toots are at activities and i'm going to the land far away near Fort 'Loon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,294
    tlw1 said:

    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Would have taken the bike but some t*** organised an 8am meeting which would have meant getting up even earlier, so will have to make do with a weekend pedal instead. Could do with more sleep.

    SG would have complained how late this meeting is.
    He hates an afternoon meeting
    not keen on morning ones either
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Fell well weary today, might have to take it easy. Waiting for the floor fitter to come and do some snagging.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,500
    We're also having floors done - tiling the entrance hall in Porlock, replacing the very practical light beige carpet. Then some general painting and decorating.

    Wfh today, though hoping to get out for a ride at some point.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,294
    sungod said:

    tlw1 said:

    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Would have taken the bike but some t*** organised an 8am meeting which would have meant getting up even earlier, so will have to make do with a weekend pedal instead. Could do with more sleep.

    SG would have complained how late this meeting is.
    He hates an afternoon meeting
    not keen on morning ones either
    just blew out the monthly confcall, in the café instead, it's nippy windy drizzly outside
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Ran this morning and it was painfully slow. Fitness was fine but I couldn't decide of my legs were made of jelly, tree trunks or jellied tree trunks.
    Swim session at lunch and a duathlon to book.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Jeez, I do one day on the tools and today I can barely move.

    Which was kinda ok, as all I had to do was sit on my ar$e and drive. Mother to shopping and stuff, then into town for Significant Other to go to an appointment.

    Stopped off to buy a whizzo log splitter. Neither of us fancies swinging an axe any more, so have splashed out on a GBFO hydraulic jobbie which will make short work of it all.

    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 57,718
    edited February 2023
    tlw1 said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    tlw1 said:



    Bright side a couple of runs organised later with different ladies

    Does the wife know about this? :o
    Not my first rodeo - group WhatsApp group she is a member of but runs with a different set of people 😉

    First one tonight used to be a model and the second is easy on the eye. Might not lead the run tonight
    Got a GoPro? Sounds like you need record those runs for 'posterity'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 57,718



    Stopped off to buy a whizzo log splitter. Neither of us fancies swinging an axe any more, so have splashed out on a GBFO hydraulic jobbie which will make short work of it all.

    Piccy please WS.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,500
    Got out for that ride, only 45-50 mins, but better than nowt. Grotty though, stiffish cold NE wind, hint of drizzle.
  • Stevo_666 said:



    Stopped off to buy a whizzo log splitter. Neither of us fancies swinging an axe any more, so have splashed out on a GBFO hydraulic jobbie which will make short work of it all.

    Piccy please WS.
    Got the cheaper one in the end... this one, delivered next week sometime. There was a better one with a hydraulic lifting platform as well, but a lot dearer...


    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,166
    Afternoon folks,
    Last day in the orifice this week before wfh tomorrow, shovelling excrement for all I'm worth as usual. Still remarkably snotty, if only others were as productive as my nose appears to be. Mind you, they are good at producing lots of s##t. Just a different form.
    At least I can see some of the appeal in TLW's run today. I'm nowhere near running, walking is getting easier though which pleases me.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,509
    ^ Jings crivvens et al WS. That's a big boy. What size of logs are you splitting? I have a much smaller bench mount hydraulic splitter, fine for stove type firewood.
  • WS's is bigger than mine too (ooo errr). Mines a Clarke one from machine mart, i think it may have around 4 tonnes of splitting force however it isn't man enough to get through gnarled logs, you know the sort where the grain twists around new branches etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,031

    ...gnarled logs, you know the sort where the grain twists around new branches etc.

    Knots?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,500
    I have splitter envy, even though I go to a sawmill in Minehead for my seasoned logs, as my requirement is low, and I have no outdoor space for a store to season my own logs.
  • pinno said:

    ...gnarled logs, you know the sort where the grain twists around new branches etc.

    Knots?

    That's the word, it just escaped me.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,789
    I like the manual route, it’s the only upper body work out I do!
  • Unless you're following ex-model runners?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,789

    Unless you're following ex-model runners?

    😂.

    You have probably seen pictures on Strava………
  • *opens another tab...*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,789

    *opens another tab...*

    😂
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,500
    Boring wiggle order made.

    A tyre, some tubes, new track pump, new mini pump without a hose, CO2, multi tool, valve core tool.

    I had a flat last night, used my last tube, my mini pump kept unscrewing the valve core, the tyre is cut up pretty badly and the wear indicator has disappeared. My multi tool has also disappeared. Maybe nicked.

    Bike hire in Tenerife is more than I thought at EUR29 per day. The hire car is cheaper.