look mum, no profits

2»

Comments

• pblakeney said:

I’m not going to get into a debate about this but consider the weekly take home pay of someone on average wage.

30k, depends how much they pay in pension… if nothing, then it’s 2 grand a month.

left the forum March 2023
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It was never about the average wage. It about someone who was a toolmaker, electrician or draftsman given it was back in the days when the UK produced things.
    Also it was when you got your frame built by a bloke in little grubby workshop.
  • webboo said:

It was never about the average wage. It about someone who was a toolmaker, electrician or draftsman given it was back in the days when the UK produced things.
    Also it was when you got your frame built by a bloke in little grubby workshop.

I heard the same figure was quoted to buy an engagement ring?

I spent less.. :D

left the forum March 2023
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,669
    webboo said:

There you to be a saying that a good road bike was so many weeks of a skilled man’s wage. I think it was 2 or 3 so if it was 3 that would mean you would have to earning around 48 grand a year. That doesn’t seem that high for a skilled worker, it would be pretty low for a plumber.

I think you need to shop around for another plumber.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,964
    Go Daddy advert now on Sky News based around LMNH - clearly the news hasn't reached some key people!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

webboo said:

There you to be a saying that a good road bike was so many weeks of a skilled man’s wage. I think it was 2 or 3 so if it was 3 that would mean you would have to earning around 48 grand a year. That doesn’t seem that high for a skilled worker, it would be pretty low for a plumber.

I think you need to shop around for another plumber.
    I was thinking London with that figure not the outer Hebrides. Where it’s pipe from the spring and one to drain the bog.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Looks like the ad is 3 years old, bit odd they're re-showing it now.
    Maybe they had to pay royalties before though, and perhaps don't have to now?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18