Wide tyre suitable for commuting and summer gravel

Can I have recommendations please - something puncture resistant (for commuting in London) and also for summer gravel.

Comments

• Hutchinson Overides. I have them in 38mm and use them on Orro Terra C.
    They’ve done the South Downs in Summer, but also operate on roads well too. I’m using the Terra as the winter bike and the Overides are good on this bike and not slow.
    I’ve found them to have v good puncture resistance on all surfaces.
    They come in 35 as well.
    I used them with inner tubes initially, but have now gone tubeless on them. No issues setting up.
    Some good deals on currently- check Merlin, Wiggle, Chain Reaction.
  • https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tyres/700-x-32-32622-schwalbe-marathon-supreme-hd-hs469-folding-tyre-700-622/ would fit the bill, 32/35/40/50mm sizes used to be available at Merlin, no idea if SJS price ~£37 for 40mm is cheapest.

I've been using 35 and 40 on my commuter for since autumn '21, great so far. They size up small, ~33/38mm respectively.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Panaracer Gravel King SK+ (the plus version has added puncture protection) they roll well for the commute with a higher pressure and grip well with lower pressures for gravel
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Am I the only one that thinks this is in the wrong forum?

(caveat - new posts are rare anywhere on these forums, these days - but still...)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,775
    Additionally the OP has not been back on the forum since the day this was posted :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    daniel_b said:

Additionally the OP has not been back on the forum since the day this was posted :D

Oh I have, but not logged in. Yes, this should have been in another branch. My bad.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,775
    edited February 2023
    Good stuff :-)

In that case, I will mention the Schwalbe Marathon Supremes I use in 40mm width:
    https://sjscycles.co.uk/tyres/700-x-32-32622-schwalbe-marathon-supreme-hd-hs469-folding-tyre-700-622/

More bearded and hipster gravellers than I suggest these will be fine for light gravel, and I can confirm wholeheartedly they work really well as a commuter tyre - stunning comfort levels, and no slower than on my previous bike with 25mm tyres on it.

The only caveat I will make is that I have read on a couple of sites that they are stopping making them, so I have 2 on the bike, and I have stocked up on 4 for as and when they need replacing.

I also have a second set of wheels with which I will fit the stock 45mm knobblies that came with the bike, but how often I end up using them remains to be seen.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • vegas76 said:

daniel_b said:

Oh I have, but not logged in. Yes, this should have been in another branch. My bad.
    OP - it’s good to get feedback on your choices etc when people have taken the time to make a suggestion etc. Feeds in to everyone’s knowledge and I always try to give a positive response and thanks as I find the Bike Radar forum so helpful!
  • vegas76
    Thanks everyone. Liking the look of those pan racers, only annoyance is I'd just got some Goodyear Eagle F1 Tubeless for those wheels but might keep them for my road bike when those tyres need replacing.
  • What is ‘summer gravel’.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The stuff not covered in 4 inches of mud.
  • vegas76
    webboo said:

The stuff not covered in 4 inches of mud.

This... Probably less than 4 inches... I'd say mostly dry.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

What is ‘summer gravel’.

Like winter gravel, but without bib longs...