friday let's have a drought

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    As a skint 13/14.15.16 yr old making his way to London by National express (cue song) to see bruvva who resided out West (7 Kings, Ilford, Chelmsford ...and Wandsworth, Clapham Northside, High broom...), I used to take the bus from Victoria. That was a helluva trip.
    Then worked out that a Tube to Stratford then the bus was far quicker... so ask for more money.
    Got on the night bus with the then GF once from a night out and we went round... then round again drinking whatever was on offer and having a party. Brilliant.
    One night, on the way back to Hammersmith (not the hospital this time), we got invited to Keith Baker's (? not entirely sure; of Supertramp) house where there was Manakin's in his back garden, a house full of weird and wonderful pot toting (and very hairy individuals - including women). All a bit of a blur really.
    So yes, i'm quite familiar with the buses in London and I was very used to being stuck in traffic.
    There was a conductor on the bus with a ticket machine and rear entry in 1983!
    Top seat at the front is always best. Remember the 'periscope'?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    pinno said:

As a skint 13/14.15.16 yr old making his way to London by National express (cue song) to see bruvva who resided out West (7 Kings, Ilford, Chelmsford ...and Wandsworth, Clapham Northside, High broom...), I used to take the bus from Victoria. That was a helluva trip.
    Then worked out that a Tube to Stratford then the bus was far quicker... so ask for more money.
    Got on the night bus with the then GF once from a night out and we went round... then round again drinking whatever was on offer and having a party. Brilliant.
    One night, on the way back to Hammersmith (not the hospital this time), we got invited to Keith Baker's (? not entirely sure; of Supertramp) house where there was Manakin's in his back garden, a house full of weird and wonderful pot toting (and very hairy individuals - including women). All a bit of a blur really.
    So yes, i'm quite familiar with the buses in London and I was very used to being stuck in traffic.
    There was a conductor on the bus with a ticket machine and rear entry in 1983!
    Top seat at the front is always best. Remember the 'periscope'?

I do remember the periscope, so the driver could check what was going on upstairs.
  • pinno
    Of a Friday and Saturday night in Glasgow, the night circular is the bus to get on. Party, party, party. Students do it deliberately for just that. Hop off for eats and then hop back on again when it comes back round (on your student travel card).
    It's a rough city in places but friendly and accommodating. Edinbourg might be pretty but Glasgow tops it for the social side.
  • pinno said:

Did you read that CC? They take the bus!

I did

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    As B³ said, good pub with good beer and also makes good pizza. Rather than order and then collect I go in to order then have a beer whilst I wait. Sometimes eat there and have a few depending on how the EPO feels.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    In a past life I was bus conductor for the West Yorkshire road car company.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
    No it was 1979.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
    No it was 1979.
    You are even older than Stevo?!
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
    No it was 1979.
    He’s a mere boy compared to me. I’m one of those pensioner types that wind Rick up.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
    No it was 1979.
    He’s a mere boy compared to me. I’m one of those pensioner types that wind Rick up.
    If ever you need assistance...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
    No it was 1979.
    If ever you need assistance...
    You don't need to do anything other than exist and be over 50.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you keep the outfit?
    No it was 1979.
    1979! Webbo’s a young sounding name. Slightly disillusioned 😞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי