friday let's have a drought

'ning

temporary pause in the rain, before the rain

ride, cafes, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Yesterday’s forecast was totally wrong, rain followed by heavier rain and then even more rain. So glad not to be on the bike during that lot.

WFW today, expecting a gail but no rain. Maybe a cafe visit at dinnertime. Beer and darts is on the agenda for tonight after finishing off the mince pies :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Rain stopped ride yesterday so my last chance to exercise before BUPA tell me I'm going to die soon from Cornish Pasty poisoning was spoilt. Got one sorted for Sunday though.

Now on the train into town. They seem strangely familiar.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Wet from walking hounds followed by running.

Work snizzle then taking the kids to the driving range with a pal and his lot - not on my list of things I want to do but then kids are excited
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Dry from not doing anything.
    Rollers later. Frkkin weather.

Mate called me last night said he was in a bit of a pickle. He opened the door and the wind caught it. He managed to catch the handle just after the door strap snapped else it could have been a lot worse. But he couldn't shut the door for the broken strap and called me with one hand whilst holding the door in the other and then wait for me to get some tools and drive to where he was.
    There he was stood in this gale holding on to his door getting slightly chilly...

T'was a giggle.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Working up the motivation to take the car apart and put it back together again. Hope this doesn’t turn into a Pinno project.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Working up the motivation to take the car apart and put it back together again. Hope this doesn’t turn into a Pinno project.

Pinno project: big thing*.
    Seano project: little thing.

*Currently at welders :smiley:
    Then some minor tinkering. Then MOT time which will be something akin to when Mrs P and I were expecting baby P no. 1.
  • Stevo_666
    Well this is fun. The antivirus software at work has blown a fuse and removed Outlook, MS Office and a few other things from peoples laptops. Gonna be a productive day...luckily I'm off to get prodded by doctors this afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Well this is fun. The antivirus software at work has blown a fuse and removed Outlook, MS Office and a few other things from peoples laptops. Gonna be a productive day...luckily I'm off to get prodded by doctors this afternoon.

My employers global IT network uses thin clients and this has happened a few times to various plants and not always to everyone on plant has been affected. Sadly its never my account thats affected.
    It's actually a bit boring as I can't go anywhere until my appointment this afternoon. Then I can leave IT to run around like headless chickens trying to fix it.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Well this is fun. The antivirus software at work has blown a fuse and removed Outlook, MS Office and a few other things from peoples laptops. Gonna be a productive day....

Same issue at our place. IT are frantically contacting Microsoft, but looks like we may be in a queue
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532

Stevo_666 said:

Well this is fun. The antivirus software at work has blown a fuse and removed Outlook, MS Office and a few other things from peoples laptops. Gonna be a productive day....

Same issue at our place. IT are frantically contacting Microsoft, but looks like we may be in a queue
    we're not affected, but i hear it may only be shortcuts affected, the applications may still be there if you start them manually from whichever folder the are in

last confcall of the day, yawn
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Who remembers the 'Love bug'? (and i'm not talking about Herbie}.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Who remembers the 'Love bug'? (and i'm not talking about Herbie}.

Herbie! 😃 Loved those films as a kid. Doubt my two could sit through a Herbie film 😞

Brakes sorted. Only EGR valve, DPF filter, two new tyres and a couple of bulbs to go.
  • seanoconn
    edited January 2023
    oxoman said:

I remembeer Herbie the first time around. God that makes me old, oops i am old.

I was watching the films years after their original release of course 😂

Age is just a number oxo
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, it was a Microsoft glitch. Looks like we've got the icons pinned back on the taskbar etc so don't have to go hunting for them every time.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

we're not affected, but i hear it may only be shortcuts affected, the applications may still be there if you start them manually from whichever folder the are in

last confcall of the day, yawn
    Yep, that's it, took them a while to figure it out though. Now sorted. Bit of a balls up from Microsoft.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhoo, passed my medical MOT with a couple of advisories. Cholesterol was up which I reckon is because this is the first check up I've had post Xmas - usually have them in Nov/Dec. And VO2 max down as I spent more than half of last year not cycling because of that tendon injury. Those are my excuses anyway.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Anyhoo, passed my medical MOT with a couple of advisories. Cholesterol was up which I reckon is because this is the first check up I've had post Xmas - usually have them in Nov/Dec. And VO2 max down as I spent more than half of last year not cycling because of that tendon injury. Those are my excuses anyway.

R.I.P Stevo 😞

Bagsy stevo’s Ukrainian
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

R.I.P Stevo 😞

Bagsy stevo’s Ukrainian
    You're welcome to her - and she'll be looking for somewhere to stay from late March.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

R.I.P Stevo 😞

Bagsy stevo’s Ukrainian
    You're welcome to her - and she'll be looking for somewhere to stay from late March.
    I don’t like the sound of that 😕
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

R.I.P Stevo 😞

Bagsy stevo’s Ukrainian
    I don’t like the sound of that 😕
    6 months are up end of March and Mrs. 666 feels she's done her bit. Miss Ukraine is very good at cleaning and tidying mind.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    POIDH 😉. Mind you, I'm sure I saved a pic posted by Mr. SoC back in the summer time. 🤔 caption comp beckons. Need to win though...

Looks like the covid-cancelled festive meet up with #1 daughter and partner is on for early Feb 🤞. Here's hoping the rain effs off. Bit too seasonally early for a barbie though.

More tree debris brash processed, bagged, tip runned, getting there, 1 more load should finish it.

Poured a glass, woodburner on, Sara Cox on t'radio, about to prep a mushroom++ risotto. And chill.
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

POIDH 😉. Mind you, I'm sure I saved a pic posted by Mr. SoC back in the summer time. 🤔 caption comp beckons. Need to win though...

Looks like the covid-cancelled festive meet up with #1 daughter and partner is on for early Feb 🤞. Here's hoping the rain effs off. Bit too seasonally early for a barbie though.

More tree debris brash processed, bagged, tip runned, getting there, 1 more load should finish it.

Poured a glass, woodburner on, Sara Cox on t'radio, about to prep a mushroom++ risotto. And chill.

A pic of mr S OC or Mrs S OC?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    🤭 that's for me to know, you to find out as and when... 'course a wee bung in t'back pocket... knowaddamean?
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

🤭 that's for me to know, you to find out as and when... 'course a wee bung in t'back pocket... knowaddamean?

I have much worse pics to blackmail Mrs OConn with 👍
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Evening folks,
    Day out in sunny Brum for me, didn't see much of the sun as I spent most of it in the engineering section of the Autosport show. Drive their and back was noisy and uncomfortable, but kind of fun. Just been to the pub to get pizza, had to have a beer whilst I waited and bumped into an old school friend.
  • Evening folks,
    Day out in sunny Brum for me, didn't see much of the sun as I spent most of it in the engineering section of the Autosport show. Drive their and back was noisy and uncomfortable, but kind of fun. Just been to the pub to get pizza, had to have a beer whilst I waited and bumped into an old school friend.

Just back from the club myself, an I'm reading this... and not at all understanding at all.

pub=ale
    pizzeria=pizza
    or do the south (yes, I class Brummie as 'down south') do thing in another way? probably...

Baffeled
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Evening folks,

Just back from the club myself, an I'm reading this... and not at all understanding at all.

pub=ale
    pizzeria=pizza
    or do the south (yes, I class Brummie as 'down south') do thing in another way? probably...

Baffeled
    I'm pretty sure its a common thing that some pubs do food, even in the North... :smile:

This one does pizza. Good pizza, made fresh. It's also just round the corner from V68, and like he says, you can have a beer while you wait. I've been with the kids a couple of times on the bus.
  • pinno
    Did you read that CC? They take the bus!
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Did you read that CC? They take the bus!

:)

Goes every 10 mins from the end of my road to about 2 mins walk from the pub. Means I can have a beer. If I'm lucky, I can get the front seat on the top deck.
  • beansnikpoh
    The boy is 17, nearly 18. He's never asked about learning to drive. Goes everywhere on Lime bikes, tube/train/bus. Sometimes he'll ask for a lift to work if it's raining.