sunday we're above the gulf of arabia, our altitude is falling

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,101
edited November 2022 in The bottom bracket
'ning

smidge nippier, bit brighter start

ride cafes cake buy more pointy shoes laze bubbly, see if i can do more chin-ups than last night

where's mf?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Ride, cafe, then work stuff.

I think @MattFalle posted in another thread the other day, not sure what we've done to upset him.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Can I post if I’ve not been to bed yet?
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

If the answer's no does that cause a time paradox because you've already posted?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

If the answer's no does that cause a time paradox because you've already posted?
    It's okay; he can jump into the Delorian and sort it out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Morning iconoclasts

Very cloudy low cloud and wind and mild. It's all wrong.
    Not much to report.

Beans is happy. He only attacked me 3 times yesterday. Everything's a game to him. I'm hoping he matures into a fine gentleman cat but he's still very kitten (and much fun).

Which shoes did you get SG?
    I like the colour of 'Emptiness' but not the pointy style.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Sunny here. One last dog walk, run the hoover round, then take a load of cardboard to the tip and on the road. Motorways today, as part of the A303 is closed.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    tlw1 said:

If you can post you clearly haven't drunk enough :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    pinno said:

Morning iconoclasts

Very cloudy low cloud and wind and mild. It's all wrong.
    Not much to report.

Beans is happy. He only attacked me 3 times yesterday. Everything's a game to him. I'm hoping he matures into a fine gentleman cat but he's still very kitten (and much fun).

Which shoes did you get SG?
    I like the colour of 'Emptiness' but not the pointy style.

going to go and look in the shop to see the effect, and there might be some others there

gloomgrey ride became mistymurky a few km out, water condensing on everything, brrr

just saw chaps from the barracks marching off to the cenotaph, appropriate weather for it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    We were woken way too early by the sound of Miss Ukraine stumbling around the bathroom getting ready for her early shift. There was no way we were going to get up and give her a lift at that time anyway so she had a nice 40 minute walk just before sun up. The charity has got her an old clunker of a bike which she can use so will give it a quick once over today and chuck some spare lights on.

Anyhow, chill and coffee followed by dog walk.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2022
    Hello. Just sneaking in at the back, seeing how everyone is. Belated birthday wishes to the newly 50+ folks, belated congratulations to Stevo for the arrival of Miss Ukraine (were there pictures?). Oh and to @haydenm on the new arrivals. Glad everything is going well 🙂

Don’t mind me, I’ll disappear again now. I’ll close the door behind me.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    johngti said:

Hello. Just sneaking in at the back, seeing how everyone is. Belated birthday wishes to the newly 50+ folks, belated congratulations to Stevo for the arrival of Miss Ukraine (were there pictures?). Oh and to @haydenm on the new arrivals. Glad everything is going well 🙂

Who the fark are you? :)

Welcome back GTI, we were wondering if you'd been bumped off by your pupils or colleagues. No pics of Miss Ukraine, but the nickname does not imply any resemblance to a beauty contest winner, she eats too much chocolate and crisps for that.
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Welcome back GTI, we were wondering if you'd been bumped off by your pupils or colleagues. No pics of Miss Ukraine, but the nickname does not imply any resemblance to a beauty contest winner, she eats too much chocolate and crisps for that.
    Suspect my 2nd would quite like to arrange for an accident! Work is continuing to be manic, figured out I have 6 exam classes this year. Madness.

The cockapoo continues to be a delight. Mrs GTi spaffed nearly two grand on the idiot dog a few weeks ago following a “mum, Jasper’s just eaten a nail” phone call from teen gti. She’d not got round to arranging insurance at that point. She has now… still, he’s generally a lovely fella so I guess he’s worth it.

Not touched my bike for about a month, no motivation at all, not helped by a distinct lack of winter gear. New bloke’s joined the department though, but older than me, also a Liverpool uni maths graduate (he left in 86, I started in 87) and a very keen cyclist. Lives in Sevenoaks. Might be nice to organise a few work-based rides.

So still the happy go lucky character I’ve always been🤣
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Suspect my 2nd would quite like to arrange for an accident! Work is continuing to be manic, figured out I have 6 exam classes this year. Madness.

The cockapoo continues to be a delight. Mrs GTi spaffed nearly two grand on the idiot dog a few weeks ago following a “mum, Jasper’s just eaten a nail” phone call from teen gti. She’d not got round to arranging insurance at that point. She has now… still, he’s generally a lovely fella so I guess he’s worth it.

Not touched my bike for about a month, no motivation at all, not helped by a distinct lack of winter gear. New bloke’s joined the department though, but older than me, also a Liverpool uni maths graduate (he left in 86, I started in 87) and a very keen cyclist. Lives in Sevenoaks. Might be nice to organise a few work-based rides.

An old farts ride round the Sevenoaks area sounds like a good plan, there are some good riding roads round here. As long as he isn't fast or anything :) I'm taking a full 2 weeks off over Xmas so maybe something for once the schools break up for the hols?

We've had the fun of two twice daily clearing all the acorns and conkers that have been dropping off the trees in the back garden in Sept and Oct as they're poisonous for dogs but ours seem to like them. Seems to have worked as they've not needed a stomach pump.
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

An old farts ride round the Sevenoaks area sounds like a good plan, there are some good riding roads round here. As long as he isn't fast or anything :) I'm taking a full 2 weeks off over Xmas so maybe something for once the schools break up for the hols?

We've had the fun of two twice daily clearing all the acorns and conkers that have been dropping off the trees in the back garden in Sept and Oct as they're poisonous for dogs but ours seem to like them. Seems to have worked as they've not needed a stomach pump.
    New bloke lives in Sevenoaks and is pretty serious about his cycling but apparently loves a slow cafe and cake ride too. So let’s make that happen 🙂

Currently trying to train the hound to not pull on the lead. We’ve come to terms with digging in the garden and stealing Lego from the boys. Last night he found a broken bit of glass so we liberated that quick smart. Absolute clown but then…

He’s a cutie.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

New bloke lives in Sevenoaks and is pretty serious about his cycling but apparently loves a slow cafe and cake ride too. So let’s make that happen 🙂

Currently trying to train the hound to not pull on the lead. We’ve come to terms with digging in the garden and stealing Lego from the boys. Last night he found a broken bit of glass so we liberated that quick smart. Absolute clown but then…

He’s a cutie.
    I'll PM you about the ride, we have time to plan a festive lardbuster :smile: Sounds like your guy may know some good routes if he's keen and has lived round this way for a bit.

As for hounds, we find that taking them out and letting them run themselves stupid off generally makes them quieter for the rest of the day.

• johngti
    Deffo. I’m just about to have a cuppa then take mine out for that very purpose!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, about to head over to the old dear's to do a few bits and bobs. Then back here for more of the same.
    Good to 'see' you Mr GTi, lovely looking dog.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Cats! Dogs! It's not even raining.

Ride rided, at last a proper ride, been ages since last one, wot wiv.... things. Graveller and 38s so more effort / less pace, but G-One Allrounds pretty spot on for the amount of mush, leaves, general gloop across the back roads.

Weather getting weirder, mid Nov, 17 degrees, hazy sunshine plus flying insects...
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

As for hounds, we find that taking them out and letting them run themselves stupid off generally makes them quieter for the rest of the day.

Next door to me have acquired another dog. Still haven't seen her because I've never seen them take them for a walk, and they wonder why they run amok around the house.
    At least the first dog has some company now for when they leave him on his own for 10+ hours a day.

• Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Next door to me have acquired another dog. Still haven't seen her because I've never seen them take them for a walk, and they wonder why they run amok around the house.
    At least the first dog has some company now for when they leave him on his own for 10+ hours a day.

That's cruel. Shouldn't have dogs if you can't have someone be with them for most of the day and walk them regularly.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyway, just given Miss Ukraine's bike a once over. Introducing the top notch Python Paragon 8100...

The local refugee charity supplied it, nowt to do with me.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    22 posts on a Sunday!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    And relax. Bonky Bonky, shoppy. Shoppy, trimmy trimmy. Now resting with an aperitif watching cyclo cross.
  • Had a quiet minute earlier in the village, sat here now doing some accounting work for the boss.
    Also managed to slip in an entry for DEVA triathlon in June, MrsHD is away that weekend so it'll stop me drowning my lonely sorrows in Sauvignon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Beautiful day down sarf.
  • johngti
    Dog walked. Dog rolled in unmentionable stuff. Dog bathed and going mad. Fun times!
  • thistle_

Also managed to slip in an entry for DEVA triathlon in June

tlw and I will come and heckle

• Excellent, I'll be the one at the back.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

That's cruel. Shouldn't have dogs if you can't have someone be with them for most of the day and walk them regularly.
    Completely agree, this is why we didn't get a dog.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Completely agree, this is why we didn't get a dog.
    'Tis a pity if you want one, but that's the best decision. Though there may well come a time when one or both of you is at home enough to make it work. Depends how long you both need/want to work I guess...