friday ex-bank clerk slave girl in private sin palace

'ning

yawn, looks like a gloomygrey start

quick ride and cafe pre-wfh busyness, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Hopefully a half day to at least have some birthday ish time off.

Decent walk with hounds, work snizzle, may try a run then fun in the Delorean followed by pub and pre party party at ours
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning
    Not much sleep.
    Might try a run before WFW.
    But windy out.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    tlw1 said:

...fun in the Delorean...

You have just contradicted every single motor journalist that ever wrote about DMC car.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning bashi-bazouks

Windy as sh#t.

Have you used that link I sent you Thistle? I bet you haven't.
    Today will be household chores and hoping there's post.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

...fun in the Delorean...

You have just contradicted every single motor journalist that ever wrote about DMC car.

Low expectation combined with amazing reactions from people = better than expected

Plus it has been restored to a level probably better than it left the factory
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    No grog last night and an early finish paid dividends as I made it in on the bike this morning :) Nice change from Twatcaving anyway. Anyhow, I have a nice bottle of London Gin in the fridge as an incentive to get home quickly this evening .
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Have you used that link I sent you Thistle? I bet you haven't.

The pronhub one? Yeah and it didn't help :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    Stevo_666 said:

No grog last night and an early finish paid dividends as I made it in on the bike this morning :) Nice change from Twatcaving anyway. Anyhow, I have a nice bottle of London Gin in the fridge as an incentive to get home quickly this evening .

Gin!? Bloody horrible stuff. You’ve gone down in my estimation.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Why did no one tell me how hard it is to attach spd sl cleats! All a bit of a faff and one of the three just wouldn’t reach and when it did I managed to strip the thread in the shoe. Waiting for new t nuts now 😕

Did I do something wrong? It was hard to move the new shoe nuts aft, and when I managed it seemed to unseat them slightly.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

There aren't many spirits that you'd want to drink neat - but add a good mixer and most of them are an option, just happen to fancy some gin right now. I'm guessing you haven't got much choice but to like Vodka given where Mrs O'Conn comes from? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    seanoconn said:

Why did no one tell me how hard it is to attach spd sl cleats! All a bit of a faff and one of the three just wouldn’t reach and when it did I managed to strip the thread in the shoe. Waiting for new t nuts now 😕

Did I do something wrong? It was hard to move the new shoe nuts aft, and when I managed it seemed to unseat them slightly.

fwiw with my cleats i use shims etc., so the supplied screw lengths are usually wrong, either risk stripping, or too long and poking into the sole, now i've got screws in various lengths so i can choose 'just right', this is with speedplay, but same applies with other cleats

if they're the type of t-nut with prongs to stop them rotating, they'll need to be loose/dislodged before they move easily
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

fwiw with my cleats i use shims etc., so the supplied screw lengths are usually wrong, either risk stripping, or too long and poking into the sole, now i've got screws in various lengths so i can choose 'just right', this is with speedplay, but same applies with other cleats

if they're the type of t-nut with prongs to stop them rotating, they'll need to be loose/dislodged before they move easily
    Thanks SG. I might have to invest in some slightly longer screws in future.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

There aren't many spirits that you'd want to drink neat - but add a good mixer and most of them are an option, just happen to fancy some gin right now. I'm guessing you haven't got much choice but to like Vodka given where Mrs O'Conn comes from? :)
    Missus brought me 2 litres of JD from her recent trip home, for £32 which I’m currently working my way through. But I do like vodka. Shot glass, drop of polish raspberry syrup, vodka from the freezer, dash of tobasco (optional) party time.
  • Taxi duty today, again.

Did browse some GBFO televisions, may buy a new one tomorrow to replace ageing plasma that has worked flawlessly for 15 years. Tempted to buy a proper hydraulic wood splitter too, getting too old and creaky to swing the axe so much these days. And there's a nice A8 Audi for sale locally quite cheap. Hmmm. Might be an expensive weekend...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Missus brought me 2 litres of JD from her recent trip home, for £32 which I’m currently working my way through. But I do like vodka. Shot glass, drop of polish raspberry syrup, vodka from the freezer, dash of tobasco (optional) party time.
    Win - win. You enjoy the stuff and she ends up looking nicer than usual :p
  • Afternoon slackers!
    Gin is my spirit of choice, with tonic though as I don't like them neat.
    Run tomorrow followed by some work then holiday shopping on Sunday in manc so may be tempted with an overpriced pint in the Xmas markets. I think the main thing to buy is paracetamol.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Gym gymed, swim swimmed, lunch lunched. 3 hours or so of daylight left, please don't rain so I can do some Stuff.

Christmas markets are operational? OFFS.
  • Yep, and i've been outside today in a tshirt.

Its mid November FFS!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    Def not t-shirt weather in The Homeland 😳
  • Stevo_666
    Have to confess I was sweating a bit on the ride into town this morning - made the fatal mistake of putting a jacket over my short sleeve base layer.
  • thistle_
    It's mild here but windy enough that it's not too hot.

Still sweaty on the stroll to the train station this morning though in my shorts and t shirt
    #hotstuff
  • Honestly its a bloody joke, I don't mind the cold or the heat but warm wet winters are not my cup of tea.
    Back in the day we used to make massive snow piles and play star wars (with figures etc) and pretend it was Hoth. Nowadys people get their kicks our watching cars attempting to cross fords on their phones.

Bloody kids of today...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Mind you, November was not usually a cold month even back in the good ol' days, unless you lived in Wee Jimmy Krankie Land.
  • orraloon
    It's not so much the actual temps in The Homeland, e.g. today was 15-16, it's the 'feels like' with the wind blowing continually, more like 9-10.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Afternoon all.

The correct spirits are:

Cognac; Hine or Hennessy for preference.

Vodka; Finlandia export strength, out of the freezer and down the hatch.

Gin; for a martini. Everyone should try a martini or two at Dukes.

Been working from home, though took the dog out twice. Tomorrow will be putting stuff in the loft and in cupboards, and a nice long walk.
  • beansnikpoh
    17° here today, had to take my jumper off when walking the dog.
  • pinno

Vodka; Finlandia export strength, out of the freezer and down the hatch.

This ^.

Love the smell of Cognac but the taste, no thanks. Best for alpine rescue.

Gin: Drop of angostura bitter swilled round the glass, ice to the brim of a slim Jim, slice of lemon, pour the gin on and add tonic.
    Gin in a wine glass with a lonely ice cube floating in it is a perennial British tragedy.
  • Stevo_666
    I find that the choice of brand and mixers/additives get less important after the first few glasses :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    Serious advice given to me by someone who had been down the road more than a few times was - Start with the good stuff and work your way down. If you’re doing it right you won’t care past 3 anyway.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • beansnikpoh
    My mum gave me a box of old photos. Distraught over where my hair went. I had so much of the stuff, and never realised.