Training Apps to use with Kickr - cost of living crisis

2»

Comments

• pblakeney said:

Racing against Mohoric on Saturday on Rouvy... course looks like the last 30 km of Milan Sanremo... what are my chances? :D

I predict him letting someone half wheel him to the finish to keep it interesting.
    That's what Jens did on a similar ride. It wasn't me at the front but I was under no illusion.
    There are also a number of Japanese riders from a Continental team, so he might have his work cut out...
    I tested the course today... nice, but didn't make me want to move to Japan any time soon... road surface is sxxt... :o

https://www.strava.com/activities/8135377403
    left the forum March 2023
  • 27th of 135... nearly 5 minutes behind Mohoric... I'll take it as a win :)
  • Hi, dusting off my very old Wahoo Kickr. Haven't used it for about 6 years...! I used to use it with Zwift, but dont want to pay a subscription. Are there any free apps / sites people use that can control the ERG settting on the trainer to create workouts.

Again, used to use Trainer Road and Sufferefest videos overlaid with Power controlled by TR and Kickr. ....but trainer road is now almost £18 a month with exchange rate!

So, I'm looking for a free solution to getting some structured training - is there anything out there?!

Hi, I'm not aware of any good free solution. Did you try Rouvy? Now with black friday discount you can get it for very good price and give it a chance. You don't have to buy 12 month plan and it works with any of Wahoo Kickr what I know.
  • I did a Rouvy Hunter Allen workout this morning... a sweet spot with bursts... 93% FTP for 2 min then 20 sec at 120% and so on 9 intervals (21 minutes total) + another 9 intervals.... I couldn't finish the second series... just too hard :/