thursday freedom! forever!

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

pinno said:

30 years plus 1 day...

Nobody noticed.

Congrats on your long standing health after your diagnosis! All's well?
    Nothing WD40 or gaffer tape and the daily fistful of pills won't fix to maintain some form of continuity.
    On the plus side, will record (bar accident) the most cycling miles since pre-lergy. Part thanks to global warming.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

30 years plus 1 day...

Nobody noticed.

did you get a cake?

i'll have bubbly today to celebrate
    You do that.
    I had doughnuts.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Cheers folks.
    No need for sandwiches but I will have a glass of plonk tomorrow - an Argentinian Mendoza Malbec to wash down a steak and ale pie.

@veronese68 I get the '...so you're cured?...', which I never say yes to.

I also noticed but was unsure as to the veracity of the post as it’s extremely unlikely no one has ever shot you.

Had an Argentinian Malbec the other which wasn’t very nice but was palatable with a drop of coke.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    seanoconn said:

Had an Argentinian Malbec the other which wasn’t very nice but was palatable with a drop of coke.

Bolivian or Colombian?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I also noticed but was unsure as to the veracity of the post as it’s extremely unlikely no one has ever shot you.

Fair point.

Picture me, standing at the urinals in a nightclub only 8 weeks after hip replacement number 2 and a junior Doctor comes in, stands next to me.
    Rewind to post op, I had lost a lot of blood and this same jnr doc suggested that I might need blood transfusions or else I would have a 3 month wait for the red blood cells to pick up.
    He said that if he hadn't mentioned it, I would be none the wiser and simply put the tiredness down to the operation. So after quite bit of negotiation later, I settled on 1 unit as a compromise instead of the predicted 3 to ease the lethargy. I conceded that he was right but the cat was out of the bag and that was his fault.

Back to the nightclub: Standing there having a slash and he recognises me and says 'oh it's you [insert christian name]! Haven't they shot you yet?'.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    Oops, no idea how I missed that, should learn to skim read better....a less significant anniversary here is that we moved into Casa Stevo exactly a year ago.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Glad the bike's ok, hope your aches and pains aren't too bad today

Thanks, shoulders and neck a bit sore/stuff but nothing too bad!