thursday freedom! forever!

'ning

mild

cafe stroll, wfh, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    More physical laze due to ribs, work is manic and no fun. Later Dutch neighbour is over for a few drinks with the Dutch guests - might drive me to my first drink this week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Wet
    WFW
    Gym
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    edited October 2022
    tlw1 said:

More physical laze due to ribs, work is manic and no fun. Later Dutch neighbour is over for a few drinks with the Dutch guests - might drive me to my first drink this week

Do they know what will happen and how long they will wait?
    [Don't sneeze].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

Very deep breaths in and out is good for ribs. 👍 100 reps per rib should do.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Mild, grey and wet. Meh.
    Dad's taxi duty today and not a lot else.
    Maybe some mower fettling 'cos it's currently a leaf hoover.

Beans has cabin fever and the clock's haven't gone back yet.
    Help!

• seanoconn
    Very mild, slightly damp wobble in. Work avoidance and bike tinkering planned till home time.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

It will please you to know I laughed at this and dropped my phone as I went to grab my ribs 😂
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Do they know what will happen and how long they will wait?
    [Don't sneeze].
    😂
  • pinno
    pinno said:

Warm enough for the beach?

Bloody dull here. Bloody wet too.

On this day, the 27th of October 1992, I was diagnosed with Leukaemia.
    30 years on and I haven't been shot yet.

Last year's post has been recycled and is now mathematically correct.

• seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

It will please you to know I laughed at this and dropped my phone as I went to grab my ribs 😂
    Double whammy laughing and bending pleases me greatly 😂
  • Very warm for the time of year and as wet as can be expected. Swim session booked for lunch followed by an evening run on my lonesome.
    Oh well, a deep house play list will keep me company.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,619
    tlw1 said:

Here's few top tips about what to offer them.
    https://youtu.be/_LlPU6KenjU
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,619
    edited October 2022
    Busy morning again, but got in-laws round for lunch so will take a short break for that as Strifey is cooking something nice. Back is still in one piece after yesterday's communt, so will go out again on the weekend and explore the lanes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Yet another day of light but persistent rain. Enough already.

Finished fettling new flat bar roadie for trainer duty, and has turned out quite nicely. Some very minor tweaking of position required but initial test was good. Managed to finish a decent ride course on it this afternoon, first in ages I've not had to climb off after 20 minutes with a bad neck and back aches. Still going to chiropractor tomorrow anyway.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Ridey ride, must pump up tyres, ride is way too comfortable, which can only mean a pinch flat is on the way. Must also get out the proper lights ready for the clocks going back.

Long meeting this morning. Bit of a break now, then more meetings this afternoon. Mini is at my mother's now, so me and Mrs B3 are out for dinner tomorrow night.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun in the orifice, have had to come out of the system so they can reboot for fixes three times so far. I doubt this will fix the main issues.
    Had to drive in as it's the EPO's day in the office, some delightful soul had dumped a double mattress in front of my garage. Reported it as fly tipping at 12.05, confirmation it had been picked up at 13.11 which I thought was very good. I just hope it has actually gone.
    Seano does talk sense when he says to take deep breaths TLW, been told to do that every time I've broken my ribs. The time I spent a week in hospital with a chest drain could possibly have been avoided by deep breathing. If you don't breathe deeply fluid can build up in your lungs, then you cough and that hurts a suck fight more than breathing deeply. This can also cause internal bleeding as in my case, although we don't know if the coughing directly caused the bleeding. Sorry to sound so negative, hope they heal fast.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • Went for a swim, needed more food so went shopping and now working again.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Out for a ride, crashed on a wet corner, worried riding buddy as I kept asking same things after for a wee bit. Carlifted home, brain fog gone, but lovely stiff neck and shoulders! Only got 11miles 😄
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Out for a ride, crashed on a wet corner, worried riding buddy as I kept asking same things after for a wee bit. Carlifted home, brain fog gone, but lovely stiff neck and shoulders! Only got 11miles 😄

Oh no! That sounds dreadful. Was it leaves or oil of just one of those things? Super slippery in some parts at the moment. Carefully followed a trail of spilt diesel on my commute home yesterday. Follow the 'rainbow road'

Hope you have no lasting damage and recover soon.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Thanks - just a sharp corner on a downhill rural road, must have been greasy from the damp, had to brake and grip just went, landed in the grass luckily.
  • thistle_

Thanks - just a sharp corner on a downhill rural road, must have been greasy from the damp, had to brake and grip just went, landed in the grass luckily.

Is your bike OK?
  • thistle_
    Last day for one of the youngsters in our team, moving to a different office.
    His parting words were "you can't prank me any more" - little does he know :wink:
    Is your bike OK?

Yep, slightly shifted a brake lever which will need repositioning, apart from that fine!
  • veronese68
    Glad the bike's ok, hope your aches and pains aren't too bad today
  • pinno
    30 years plus 1 day...

Nobody noticed.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    pinno said:

30 years plus 1 day...

Nobody noticed.

Congrats on your long standing health after your diagnosis! All's well?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

30 years plus 1 day...

Nobody noticed.

did you get a cake?

i'll have bubbly today to celebrate
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

30 years plus 1 day...

Nobody noticed.

I did notice, then immediately forgot due to getting distracted whilst writing bollox. That's probably worse than not noticing.
    Good news that you're still around to tell the tale. I must admit I couldn't tell you the date of my diagnosis, although I remember it all vividly of course. Dates are not important to me, my sister thinks I have a deliberate mental block around them similar to my old man's.
    The funny thing I found about having a diagnosis like that is I don't think they ever consider you cured, you're just in remission. The longer you are in remission the better your chances are. So when do you celebrate? Every day if you can, I need to remember to be thankful more often, thank you for the reminder Pinno and glad you're still around. I'll be raising a glass anyway but will happily nod northwards in your honour as I do so.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I have the same lack of excuse as V68. Saw it, got distracted. :/

Congrats on the ongoing health. You could probably eat a sandwich or two more.
  • pinno
    Cheers folks.
    No need for sandwiches but I will have a glass of plonk tomorrow - an Argentinian Mendoza Malbec to wash down a steak and ale pie.

@veronese68 I get the '...so you're cured?...', which I never say yes to.