Random text giving me ideas Friday

Swam last night until the current wife had finished her gym class and got ready for a sauna…….. then got the following text of a mate

Mmm has got me thinking - which one are you doing HD?

Going for a run, work snizzle and then to the pub - normal Friday really

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268
    'ning

smidge milder

ride and cafes, nip into gmc then wfh, more bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

Morning Slackers. Chill day at home. Haircut, ride, paint, prep vs bike for tomorrow's big ride.

What’s the big ride?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,195
    Grey, wet, windy, dull.
    Boo!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Last minute packing.

It's my wedding birthday today! Number 5.
  • pinno
    edited October 2022
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Morning Slackers. Chill day at home. Haircut, ride, paint, prep vs bike for tomorrow's big ride.

What’s the big ride?
    'Paint' ?
    So many questions.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,117

Last minute packing.

😎
    Enjoy the romantic break
  • pinno

Last minute packing.

Given your past comments, should I say Happy anniversary?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,045
    Bit of a lie on on account of a late finish last night and no meetings till mid morning. Mrs. 666 and Miss Ukraine are going to walk the dogs shortly so will leave them to it.

Enjoy the break B3. The onset of autumn has made me realise I haven't been skiing since 2019. That needs fixing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    windycold out

grrr, even with a fresh battery the speed sensor is giving crazy readings, either that or i managed an impressive 20kph delta vee in one second, about .6g, need to find the spare one to try

may need a cafe stroll first
  • @tlw1 I've entered IM Bolton, July 2nd. Its fairly local to me, around 20 miles or so.

The entry fee is a bit steep, £500 plus a 10% "processing fee" :o and there are alternative events, Outlaw being one but in reality nobody is going to have a clue when you announce "I'm an Outlaw..." whereas Ironman is a known brand.

I also swam yesterday, my garmin says 3550m but in reality it adds a few lengths here and there so I'll probably settle on 3200m or so in 56 minutes.

I also got on the bike yesterday for what might be the windiest ride ever recorded in the history of the bike.

And in other news, WFW, early finish, WFH for MrsHD
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    Flounge, breakfast, bubbly. The sungod hols trifecta.

I think the concorde room is where it's at these days.
  • We always book the lounges for our escapades, much better than dealing with the great unwashed arguing about the lack of seats.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh

We always book the lounges for our escapades, much better than dealing with the great unwashed arguing about the lack of seats.

Hardly any seats in the lounge today. Lots of the great washed looking peeved that they can't find anywhere to sit and swig "free" bubbly.
  • tlw1
    @homers_double

Mmmm that one looks good!

I find my garmin looses rather than gains 🙄
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

@tlw1 I've entered IM Bolton, July 2nd. Its fairly local to me, around 20 miles or so.

The entry fee is a bit steep, £500 plus a 10% "processing fee" :o and there are alternative events, Outlaw being one but in reality nobody is going to have a clue when you announce "I'm an Outlaw..." whereas Ironman is a known brand.

I also swam yesterday, my garmin says 3550m but in reality it adds a few lengths here and there so I'll probably settle on 3200m or so in 56 minutes.

I also got on the bike yesterday for what might be the windiest ride ever recorded in the history of the bike.

Can you not just say I’ve done an Ironman when you have completed the Outlaw as presumably they are the same distance. Fortunately when I did one the name was trade marked then.
    Did one in Holland then went camping in the Alps for 2 weeks which I imagine cost less than your entry fee.
  • Stevo_666

The entry fee is a bit steep, £500 plus a 10% "processing fee" :o

'Kin 'ell. That's ridiculous. How many people will stump up that much to suffer?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

We always book the lounges for our escapades, much better than dealing with the great unwashed arguing about the lack of seats.

Hardly any seats in the lounge today. Lots of the great washed looking peeved that they can't find anywhere to sit and swig "free" bubbly.
    is it still the tail end of ba hols giving away lounge/flounge access based on spend? that promo isn't on sale now, but maybe the bookings are still working through

flounge was certainly busy a few weeks ago, based on party sizes no way it was all golds

it lets the side down chaps, it lets the side down
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

'Kin 'ell. That's ridiculous. How many people will stump up that much to suffer?
    Plenty, that's why they don't drop the price.
  • thistle_
    webboo said:

@tlw1 I've entered IM Bolton, July 2nd. Its fairly local to me, around 20 miles or so.

Can you not just say I’ve done an Ironman when you have completed the Outlaw
    I think it's Ironman ™®©

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,766
    Afternoon folks, lazier day actually enjoying my time off today. Waiting for bloke to come and pass my gas fitting as safe so can t go anywhere just yet. I suspect I'll be the last job on his list and he'll want to go straight to the pub. But then a pint is a lot cheaper than a call out fee. Need to book him in properly to service the boiler as well mind you.
    Might go and have a coffee.
    Happy anniversary B³, enjoy the break and bubbly.
  • You can say you've done the iron distance I suppose.

I've done a half distance at Outlaw and to be fair they are well run events, I'm still thinking of doing the Nottingham half next may as part of the training for Bolton.

Back to serious stuff, every lounge I've been in has reserved seating unless they're empty in which case just sit where the view is nicest or where the usb charger actually works.
    MCR still seem to think covid is a thing, apparently you can't book a party of more than 6 people and there's 8 of us going this time. We've just booked separately!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666 said:

:p
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

:p
    I might consider one if they paid me that much...
  • sungod
    thistle_ said:

webboo said:

Can you not just say I’ve done an Ironman when you have completed the Outlaw
    I think it's Ironman ™®©

yep, big money so it's lawyered up

a colleague does ironman, ranking got him an invite to the world championships in utah this year, finished in the top 200

it's a good ride spoiled by a swim and a run :smiley:
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

It’s significantly cheaper than the dragons back I’ve been looking at 🙄
  • seanoconn
    Hypothetically speaking. How would one go about murdering UPS? The entire company, wiping them of the face of the earth?

4 scheduled deliveries missed. 3 surprise visits missed,

Them: “We can re-deliver after latest surprise visit before 7pm.”

Me: “I can come home now, they won’t re-deliver straight away?”

Them “No, we need to contact driver and confirm he can re-deliver and get back to you.”

Me rushing home, ring ring.

Them “We confirmed with the driver and he tried to re-deliver but you weren’t home so you have to wait till Monday. We don’t care that we missed 4 scheduled delivers, that’s in the past. You weren’t home even though we knew you were at work and we’re not going to deliver on Saturday because we don’t like you, we can do whatever we want and you can go f.uck yourself.”
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

What’s the big ride?
    Sherwood Gravel X long route. Scratching an itch to do something different and doing an easier one first.
    Enjoy the suffering 👍 How many miles/KM’s we talking?
  • seanoconn
    Have a good one @beansnikpoh
  • thistle_
    edited October 2022
    seanoconn said:

Hypothetically speaking. How would one go about murdering UPS? The entire company, wiping them of the face of the earth?

4 scheduled deliveries missed. 3 surprise visits missed,

Them: “We can re-deliver after latest surprise visit before 7pm.”

Me: “I can come home now, they won’t re-deliver straight away?”

Them “No, we need to contact driver and confirm he can re-deliver and get back to you.”

Me rushing home, ring ring.

Them “We confirmed with the driver and he tried to re-deliver but you weren’t home so you have to wait till Monday. We don’t care that we missed 4 scheduled delivers, that’s in the past. You weren’t home even though we knew you were at work and we’re not going to deliver on Saturday because we don’t like you, we can do whatever we want and you can go f.uck yourself.”

Send them a bill for the time you had to take off work waiting for the deliveries.

If it's any consolation it took them 8 attempts to come and collect a load of laptops from our office.
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

What’s the big ride?
    Sherwood Gravel X long route. Scratching an itch to do something different and doing an easier one first.
    Enjoy the suffering 👍 How many miles/KM’s we talking?
    84km / 52miles. Suspect my arms will ache if it's mostly gravel. Time will tell.
    Going to take a while on gravel. Will be a great experience whatever happens.