monday steganographically encoding a pineapple with the answer

2»

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Doctor #1 went fine. Neither skin thing removed pose any immediate threat of death disease, although both were undesirable. At least the scars are worth it then.

Random time wasting in between that and appointment with Doc # 2 (neuro), mostly spent with coffee and watching the world pass by.

News from # 2 was as expected - outta options. Not recommended for any surgery either, because it's deemed very unlikely the outcome might be at all positive. Odds of them f^^king it up further are also uncomfortably short. Given all the other treatments have essentially failed, the advice is... stuck with it. Thanks for all your cash over the years etc etc. Sorry. 😑

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    ^^^^ Sucks! ^^^^
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Yeah it does, especially given the last procedure in particular seems to have made things noticeably worse. Had it "worked" the expectation was the benefit would last anything up to a year before it faded back to normal. Supposedly the initial 6 weeks or so would be somewhat uncomfortable (actually quite painful at times) then settle down and feel better.

I am now hoping the effects fade quickly and I can go back to my previous level of cr@pness. Really don't want this irritation to last that long.

Grrr.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Another day of WFH, betting a bit samey now.

Slept badly as took ages to get to sleep - probably lack of alcohol. And the gallon of Borscht I downed had me getting up I'm the night to take a leak. Natalia made a metric fukkton of the stuff so guess what we're having for dinner tonight :) Maybe if I have some grog with it this time I'll sleep better.

Natalia now is it?? How old is Natalia? Attractive?
    :smile:

It's easier than typing 'Ukrainian house guest'. 28 yo, tall and quite passable but not my type.
    Wait till she cooks you Varenyky (dumplings) Holubtsi (Cabbage stuffed with meat and rice) much nicer than it sounds and chicken Kyiv. She’ll soon be your type 😂
    Do they have pasties in Ukraine? That might swing it.
    When did Mrs Stevo ever make you a pasty?
    She bought me a Ginsters once.
    ...and that prompted you to propose to her.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Management of the ailments I guess WS.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,616
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Another day of WFH, betting a bit samey now.

Slept badly as took ages to get to sleep - probably lack of alcohol. And the gallon of Borscht I downed had me getting up I'm the night to take a leak. Natalia made a metric fukkton of the stuff so guess what we're having for dinner tonight :) Maybe if I have some grog with it this time I'll sleep better.

Natalia now is it?? How old is Natalia? Attractive?
    :smile:

It's easier than typing 'Ukrainian house guest'. 28 yo, tall and quite passable but not my type.
    Wait till she cooks you Varenyky (dumplings) Holubtsi (Cabbage stuffed with meat and rice) much nicer than it sounds and chicken Kyiv. She’ll soon be your type 😂
    Do they have pasties in Ukraine? That might swing it.
    When did Mrs Stevo ever make you a pasty?
    She bought me a Ginsters once.
    ...and that prompted you to propose to her.
    It would have had to come with a pint of cider for that to happen.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,616

Doctor #1 went fine. Neither skin thing removed pose any immediate threat of death disease, although both were undesirable. At least the scars are worth it then.

Random time wasting in between that and appointment with Doc # 2 (neuro), mostly spent with coffee and watching the world pass by.

News from # 2 was as expected - outta options. Not recommended for any surgery either, because it's deemed very unlikely the outcome might be at all positive. Odds of them f^^king it up further are also uncomfortably short. Given all the other treatments have essentially failed, the advice is... stuck with it. Thanks for all your cash over the years etc etc. Sorry. 😑

That's shit WS, but on the bright side at least you can spend more of your money on other stuff now rather than wasting it on quacks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    edited October 2022

feel for you

years ago had a 'final' discussion with consultant, i paraphrase: "you're somehow managing it, no idea how/why, one day it's probably going to get bad until you die", fortunately still managing

i give you les rallizes dénudés, with mizutani's guitar melting reality from c. 3:50, do not skip to it, savour the journey and play loudest, with bubbly, for me it calls to mind twin peaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlLVRmgid5E
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny