'ning

a tad nippier

ride, cafes and wfh, though may nip into gmc for a dabble first
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Morning

Early start for the delights of the toll road.

Work snizzle with a few meetings and lunch then hopefully escape at a decent time so I can get a run in later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Morning chooktas*,

The calm before the windy wet deluge... and it really is eerily calm and very dull and quiet.
    Don't know how long this calm will last and what my chances are for a pedal.

First, Toots run and shopping [insert rolling eyes icon]. That'll chomp time.

Where tf are they?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Beautiful sunrise here this morning, proper deep firey red sky.
    Went for an extended cycle on the way in and made the mistake of finishing off into the head breeze.

It's not even 9:00 and I've had enough of this work stuff already.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Another day of WFH, betting a bit samey now.

Slept badly as took ages to get to sleep - probably lack of alcohol. And the gallon of Borscht I downed had me getting up I'm the night to take a leak. Natalia made a metric fukkton of the stuff so guess what we're having for dinner tonight :) Maybe if I have some grog with it this time I'll sleep better.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Slept badly as took ages to get to sleep - probably lack of alcohol. And the gallon of Borscht I downed had me getting up I'm the night to take a leak. Natalia made a metric fukkton of the stuff so guess what we're having for dinner tonight :) Maybe if I have some grog with it this time I'll sleep better.

Natalia now is it?? How old is Natalia? Attractive?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Fettling disaster part 2 (not that anyone read part 1)

Commute to work this morning and BB knocking sound returns. The soothing effect of the grease wore off and the problem not resolved. F.uck F.uck F.uck, I hate my bike blah blah blah. Removed crank and chain set, scratches head, can’t see the problem. Fortunately old crank and chain set at work so have a gander to compare. Bloody old set has two washers which I didn’t notice! Washers now on new crank/chain set. Fingers crossed, no serious damage done.

Why did no one warn me not to be an incompetent! Bloody useless you lot.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

Commute to work this morning and BB knocking sound returns. The soothing effect of the grease wore off and the problem not resolved. F.uck F.uck F.uck, I hate my bike blah blah blah. Removed crank and chain set, scratches head, can’t see the problem. Fortunately old crank and chain set at work so have a gander to compare. Bloody old set has two washers which I didn’t notice! Washers now on new crank/chain set. Fingers crossed, no serious damage done.

I think someone (maybe thistle, maybe MF, maybe sungod) did warn to take careful note of the washers/shields/wavy washers and make sure they went back on the same way. I've certainly fallen foul of that before as well.

Wfw for me, so ridey ride. Swift replacement of rear brake pads required this morning, as they'd reached the stage where they clamp on, and won't let go. I think Friday's grotty weather commute made them go from "working" to "not working" in just 10 miles.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited October 2022

seanoconn said:

I think someone (maybe thistle, maybe MF, maybe sungod) did warn to take careful note of the washers/shields/wavy washers and make sure they went back on the same way. I've certainly fallen foul of that before as well.

Yeah that was me, but I have a complicated Cannondale thing, I thought Shimno still used nice simple Hollowtech or similar?

Bring back square taper.

• Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

:smile:

It's easier than typing 'Ukrainian house guest'. 28 yo, tall and quite passable but not my type.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Next time just give it to your local bike shop and save yourself some grief. Works for me.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's easier than typing 'Ukrainian house guest'. 28 yo, tall and quite passable but not my type.
    How about 'Uke girl' for confidentiality purposes?
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Yeah that was me, but I have a complicated Cannondale thing, I thought Shimno still used nice simple Hollowtech or similar?

Bring back square taper.

Yeah but nobody actually said Seano, remember not to be an idiot.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Next time just give it to your local bike shop and save yourself some grief. Works for me.
    I get more pleasure from flucking up and fixing my fluck up than giving it to my local grumpy bike shop to charge me a fortune.
  • Got up early for a pre work ride and found out it was dark until 7am which kind of scuppered that.
    Ironed some kids school uniforms instead.
    Site meeting this afternoon which might last slightly less than planned and then I could hopefully go for a run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Wait till she cooks you Varenyky (dumplings) Holubtsi (Cabbage stuffed with meat and rice) much nicer than it sounds and chicken Kyiv. She’ll soon be your type 😂

• Even rent-a-dog could be bothered to go out this morning.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Even rent-a-dog could be bothered to go out this morning.

He's trying to tell you something.

Ironing at 7am?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kee9Et2j7DA
  • I think there is only one realistic way to determine "type"...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

I get more pleasure from flucking up and fixing my fluck up than giving it to my local grumpy bike shop to charge me a fortune.
    This ^. There's more street cred in fcuking something up than handing it to a LBS.
    Have a go Henry. At least Henry tried.
  • @pinno well I was up so made good use of the time instead of rushing about.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Seano: make sure you insert those washers in the right order when you refit your crankset.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

This ^. There's more street cred in fcuking something up than handing it to a LBS.
    Have a go Henry. At least Henry tried.
    Is this why you reckon you've got loads of street cred? :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Wait till she cooks you Varenyky (dumplings) Holubtsi (Cabbage stuffed with meat and rice) much nicer than it sounds and chicken Kyiv. She’ll soon be your type 😂
    Do they have pasties in Ukraine? That might swing it.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Piroshki, pierogi, pyrizhki (take your pick). They're very pastyish, more bite-size than the larger UK pasties, go v well with beer/cider/vodka.
  • beansnikpoh

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Piroshki, pierogi, pyrizhki (take your pick). They're very pastyish, more bite-size than the larger UK pasties, go v well with beer/cider/vodka.
    It seems belyashi are the meat version.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Nah, needs to be parmo to tick toryboy's box.

A bit grey, admin tasks various attended to, more £ passed on - is that trickle down? - plus more organising / planning to do.

New greenhouse arriving in 2 weeks time, is a Rhino Premium brand which is claimed to be suitable for exposed locations. Given the winds here.... hmmm it had better be as strong as claimed.

Was thinking wind turbine, would be turning most of the time, but jeez they are expensive.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

When did Mrs Stevo ever make you a pasty?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks, week off from paid employment. Still got to do our kitchen though. I'm sure I can phuck it up Seanostylee 😬
    I think Seano of the short, spinny scratchy, scuppered cranks should bring it all over here so I can point and laugh help. Are you better at fitting kitchens than cranks?
    The true test of house guest will come on March 14th, Stevo's favourite day of the year.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

When did Mrs Stevo ever make you a pasty?
    She bought me a Ginsters once.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Might have to put in a special request...