Pog v Rog v Remco v Vinge (v Bernal?) in a GT - will we ever see it?

2»

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,453
    I'd expect it to pan out as
    1. Pogacar
    2. Remco
    3. Roglic
    4. Vingegaard
    5. Bernal (I expect the injury to heal, but hamper him for a long time at least a little bit)
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Vingegaard first glimpse of a climb since the tdf today.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,441
    edited September 2022

Vingegaard first glimpse of a climb since the tdf today.

And he struggled to beat a u23 rider who doesn't have a WT contract for next season. He's a busted flush.
  • andyp said:

Vingegaard first glimpse of a climb since the tdf today.

And he struggled to beat a u23 rider who doesn't have a WT contract for next season. He's a busted flush.
    😄

I thought he looked pretty relaxed.
  • This stat doesn't really fit here but I saw some mention of Froomes GT record.

Bernal, TGH and Chris Froome's most recent wins are the Giro d'Italia. None of them have won a race since winning the Giro
  • Reading Remco has joined Ineos - interesting (unless it was a joke which is possible)
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Seems it's fake news !
  • We might even have the lot of them, but it boils down to who is still going to be in contention after 2 weeks. 2014 was supposed to be super with Nibali, Contador, and Froome... in the end Peraud finished second... and to be perfectly honest I have no idea how Peraud looks like...
    left the forum March 2023
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,863

Reading Remco has joined Ineos - interesting (unless it was a joke which is possible)

That got me for a second too, for some reason Twitter (Which I don't really use) pushed it as a lead story to my phone - on closer inspection it's a spoof account for cycling that changes it's name for various fake announcements.

Rather odd, but a pretty good effort below imho.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Yes I saw it second hand - someone posted the news on a cycling club Facebook page - so I'd have taken it at face value but for the fact it wasn't big news on here.
  • too much time on their hands!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    orraloon said:

Ned B predicting in latest NSF podcast that Vingegaard will never win another GT.

Bold .... Won't he want to win all 3
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    What a fantastic bevy of riders we have these days
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657

orraloon said:

Ned B predicting in latest NSF podcast that Vingegaard will never win another GT.

I'm sure he wants to...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

orraloon said:

The thing with winning all 3 GTs is there needs to be a reason to do the other two, particularly the Giro. The Tour is king and a team's top guy goes to the Tour.

Nibali was Italian so the Giro was important to him. Contador was excluded from the 2008 Tour so won the other two. Froome had the asthma issue hanging over his head and also had the opportunity to do a 'Slam'
    Twitter: @RichN95