Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Backs just suck. Soooooo much pain and botheration.

Last time mine went I just spent all work time curled up on the floor eating SuperNoodles - just couldn't move.

Yeah, bit of watch perusing/shopping will help, literslly to pass the time. Maybe a glance at a Reilly Ti aerobike as well.....

Nothing quite so flash on the bike front for me - I'm more of a Planet X sort of rider :)
    Nowt wrong at sll with a bit of Planet X! My PX cx bike in beautiful Belgian blue is now all cleaned up looking spaffingly good - will post up a piccie.

Hurrica Ti bike from PX with a sweet Force groupset and some phats?
    Force groupset - good call. Was keen on the Hurricane but the Pro Carbon looks decent bet as well. I probably have plenty of time to consider.
    Force is mega, be rude not too tbh, especially on todaybof all days.

Re Pro Carbon - I think they had framesets in the sale for something like £350 a few days ago.....
    PX have loads of sales judging by the emails - will keep an eye out wait until they discount the right full build. I reckon they will be trying harder to shift them once winter is here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Love all three of my planet x’s, fav is the titanium gravel bike.

Had a chilled run with some pals for just shy of three hours then a swim, then to my parents for Sunday ish dinner, now waiting in the physio to see if he can fix my knee. Then obviously the pub
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Ouch. Hurting. Hot bath soak perlease.
    Did my out and back gravel ride, except the first and then the last 5km were not really gravel more like rocks, 'kin hard going. Bit like that stage in the Tour de France Femmes. Reckon forest contractors been putting down the stuff for timber extraction. Wrists, joints and arris are not at all happy. Still, good to get a sesh in. And the landscape is beautiful. Much better than gawping at some stuff on the telly.
  • Thanks for the kind words about mine. The ti bikes and mechanical Force are highly recommended. I don't think they make mine any more. I may keep it at the new place with some sturdy wheels, fat tyres and a long cage rear derailleur for the hills and trails, it is after all a cx bike. Get a proper road geometry bike for here. Mechanical Red groupset, discs (sorry MF's), minimum 60mm rims.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Thanks for the kind words about mine. The ti bikes and mechanical Force are highly recommended. I don't think they make mine any more. I may keep it at the new place with some sturdy wheels, fat tyres and a long cage rear derailleur for the hills and trails, it is after all a cx bike. Get a proper road geometry bike for here. Mechanical Red groupset, discs (sorry MF's), minimum 60mm rims.

no kind words H3 - only TRUTH and FACTS from this call sign. your bike is gravy.

and yes, completely re Red mechanical - best groupset out there.

but no discs - Prince Andrew rides a bike with discs. Say no more, on today of all days.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited September 2022
    orraloon said:

Did my out and back gravel ride, except the first and then the last 5km were not really gravel more like rocks, 'kin hard going. Bit like that stage in the Tour de France Femmes. Reckon forest contractors been putting down the stuff for timber extraction. Wrists, joints and arris are not at all happy. Still, good to get a sesh in. And the landscape is beautiful. Much better than gawping at some stuff on the telly.

re pain, etc - can you not wankitout, especially on today of all days?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

re pain, etc - can you not wankitout, especially on today of all days?
    Ah cheers mf, any excuse 👍 Though the wrists are a bit offski.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    seanoconn said:

That coffin looks suspiciously light to me 🤔

She was just a slip of a thing (now dried out by 10kg's).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    thistle_ said:

Found myself some pieces of eight.

Yarrr

"There's good news and bad news: I've found the tag but not the pet it was attached to".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Turned out to be a good day for a cycle ride, with most polluters choosing to stay off the roads as most places are closed.

Cider time now I think :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited September 2022
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Found myself some pieces of eight.

Yarrr

"There's good news and bad news: I've found the tag but not the pet it was attached to".
    I left it on the fence in case the owners came back, but forgot about it on the way back.
    It had a name and phone number in it, could've been my lucky day.