ride cafes and splice the mainbrace
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Wet here this morning.

Nothing planned for today.

Should take advantage of the quiet roads - absolutely no traffic noise here (at the moment) which is bliss.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Ahoy! ye bunch o' rotten scallywags. The sky be as grey as an ole sea cur. Takin' sprog number two fer a bike ride this mornin'. He prefer BMX 'n mountain bikes but be showin' some promise so might persuade 'im t' get a road bike next. Later will be avoidin' the television, Commandeerin' ships and wenches 'n drinkin' rum. 'ave a good day ye drunken landlubbers, or ye’ll b walk-in the plank.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ahoy ye blaggards! Arrrr!

Today be the sailing of the stationary boat whilst the wretches within the crew keep watch on the burying of the body.

Then consuming sustenance.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    Youz piratz kin jist dae wan, ken.

Assuming tradesman does not in fact show up today as scheduled, off to the forest park we go, bit of simple gravel fun beckons. And none of the dismal, you all need to wear ashes and sackcloth vibe emanating from 6Music this morning.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Another day of not letting the dog bash us all in the legs with his cone of shame. Work to do. Will not be watching any funerals. Although I bet Mrs GTi puts it on…
  • ¡Ahoy maties!

Once recovered from the Blues Festival excesses, nothing other than digging up some spuds planned for today
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Youz piratz kin jist dae wan, ken.

Assuming tradesman does not in fact show up today as scheduled, off to the forest park we go, bit of simple gravel fun beckons. And none of the dismal, you all need to wear ashes and sackcloth vibe emanating from 6Music this morning.

Virgin Radio Italia off the Italian radio app is what you want - utterly granular tuuuuuunes (well, if you're into rock n guitars and stuff) and no funeral mentions

• Arrrrr. Ye sea dogs and pox-ridden vermin of the Spanish Main. I'll be keelhaulin' my arris onto me bicycle and hoisting the jolly roger as I menace the roads of SW London Town with me brace of cannon. I'll be keepin' me eyes open fer 'is majesty's navy lookin' to spoil me buccaneering.

Arrrrrrrr. Then to the tavern for some victuals and some grog and to grapple with some comely wenches afore I get made to walk the plank.
  • seanoconn

Arrrrr. Ye sea dogs and pox-ridden vermin of the Spanish Main. I'll be keelhaulin' my arris onto me bicycle and hoisting the jolly roger as I menace the roads of SW London Town with me brace of cannon. I'll be keepin' me eyes open fer 'is majesty's navy lookin' to spoil me buccaneering.

Arrrrrrrr. Then to the tavern for some victuals and some grog and to grapple with some comely wenches afore I get made to walk the plank.

Ye be a great buccaneer Long John Hop. 👍
  • seanoconn
    Where’s the bilge-sucking, Lilly-livered, scurvy-dog @pinno the cabin boy this morning?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    I am here ye bunch o' skulkin' loafers. Sent the whelps down where thar's this ling line o' scallywags in the big smoke - rich pickings on the pick pocketin' front.
    but i've lost 'em. 'ave ye seen 'em, the dodgy bunch o' itinerant ne'er do wells? Prolly drinkin' 'n fornicatin' 'n spendin' all those. doubloons.

Nat shure Shorty 'n Tricky believe us when twe said the idiots lantern be broke but here's hopin'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    I be swearing like a pirate when I try to move around. Lying down on the sofa deck is on the cards.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Codeine, Tramadol and vino rosso - the patented MF cure to back pain.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Agree with the wine, but I've only got high strength Ibuprofen and everywhere is bloody shut. Starting to look like I've got a knackered disc somewhere in my lower back :/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    Plan changed. Plumber / gas engineer bloke did show up early doors. Some servicing, some working out what the odd configuration of parts is for, some ripping out of old stuff, some trying to work out where tf the pipework runs. And failing on some of that last bit. Republicans rule!

So bit of luncheoning / fueling then an afternoon pootle beckons.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Found myself some pieces of eight.

Yarrr
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Agree with the wine, but I've only got high strength Ibuprofen and everywhere is bloody shut. Starting to look like I've got a knackered disc somewhere in my lower back :/
    ahhh, ffs on all counts. That sucks.

GP, if you can get in, will sort Trammy for short term use espesh if its lower disc knackeration.

Best hit vino and ibu then. Bit of bicycle part shopping also helps I feel
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

ahhh, ffs on all counts. That sucks.

GP, if you can get in, will sort Trammy for short term use espesh if its lower disc knackeration.

Best hit vino and ibu then. Bit of bicycle part shopping also helps I feel
    Thanks matey, me and back problems are no strangers - had a couple of episodes back in the noughties. Always knew it would come back at some point. Although if it wasn't for the last one I might never have taken up cycling again. Every cloud...

GP? Gotta be kidding. Sitting down or lying down work OK and tbh its better than yesterday where there was a fair bit of involuntary swearing.

New bike once I'm capable of riding one (going roadie at last - yikes). For now think I'll, round off my watch collection with a few cheapies as I can appreciate those even if I'm immobilised.
  • MattFalle
    Backs just suck. Soooooo much pain and botheration.

Last time mine went I just spent all work time curled up on the floor eating SuperNoodles - just couldn't move.

Yeah, bit of watch perusing/shopping will help, literslly to pass the time. Maybe a glance at a Reilly Ti aerobike as well.....
  • Anywhere open, perhaps after 1700, to get some Volterol @Stevo_666 ? Over the counter dichlophenac, back in 2008 when I needed it for ~9 months in 2008, it was prescription only. The danger after taking some was doing something causing damage, but having no idea, because it was so good!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Last time mine went I just spent all work time curled up on the floor eating SuperNoodles - just couldn't move.

Yeah, bit of watch perusing/shopping will help, literslly to pass the time. Maybe a glance at a Reilly Ti aerobike as well.....

Nothing quite so flash on the bike front for me - I'm more of a Planet X sort of rider :)
  • Stevo_666

Anywhere open, perhaps after 1700, to get some Volterol @Stevo_666 ? Over the counter dichlophenac, back in 2008 when I needed it for ~9 months in 2008, it was prescription only. The danger after taking some was doing something causing damage, but having no idea, because it was so good!

Thanks for the tip. But yeah, like you say the danger with industrial strength painkillers is that I might do more damage without knowing it. I can sit or lie comfortably atm so am tempted to do without unless it gets worse.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Nothing quite so flash on the bike front for me - I'm more of a Planet X sort of rider :)
    Nowt wrong at sll with a bit of Planet X! My PX cx bike in beautiful Belgian blue is now all cleaned up looking spaffingly good - will post up a piccie.

Hurrica Ti bike from PX with a sweet Force groupset and some phats?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Nowt wrong at sll with a bit of Planet X! My PX cx bike in beautiful Belgian blue is now all cleaned up looking spaffingly good - will post up a piccie.

Force groupset - good call. Was keen on the Hurricane but the Pro Carbon looks decent bet as well. I probably have plenty of time to consider.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks, extremely slow start was enjoyed. Thinking about doing something. My back has come out in sympathy with Stevo. Nothing too bad, just a little irksome. Probably as a result of doing too much over the last few days. Might risk some minor pottering though.
    Nothing wrong with Planet X bikes, H³'s looks great.
    Arrr, nearly forgot, avast ye landlubbers, I too will get my arrrse to a tavern later for some rum.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022

Afternoon folks, extremely slow start was enjoyed. Thinking about doing something. My back has come out in sympathy with Stevo. Nothing too bad, just a little irksome. Probably as a result of doing too much over the last few days. Might risk some minor pottering though.
    Arrr, nearly forgot, avast ye landlubbers, I too will get my arrrse to a tavern later for some rum.

Sorry about that, probably should have kept my trap shut. It's bloody annoying though as I was just getting back into the swing of cycling after all that time off due to the iffy leg. Patience is needed, unfortunately I have less patience than Harold Shipman.

I'll get my coat...
  • seanoconn
    That coffin looks suspiciously light to me 🤔
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Force groupset - good call. Was keen on the Hurricane but the Pro Carbon looks decent bet as well. I probably have plenty of time to consider.
    Force is mega, be rude not too tbh, especially on todaybof all days.

Re Pro Carbon - I think they had framesets in the sale for something like £350 a few days ago.....
  • MattFalle

H3s is gravy mega.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

Sorry about that, probably should have kept my trap shut. It's bloody annoying though as I was just getting back into the swing of cycling after all that time off due to the iffy leg. Patience is needed, unfortunately I have less patience than Harold Shipman.

I'll get my coat...
    Indeed, I've had back trouble on and off since I was a kid. X-ray showed I'd twisted my spine quite low down at some point, this has caused some scoliosis which means I'm prone to pain. I should do more in the way of stretching and strengthening to help it. Bloody irritating as you say, thankfully not too bad at the moment. Just reminding me to take it easy.