sunday through caverns measureless to man, down to a sunless sea

'ning

still nippy

ride, cafes, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Good night out last night means a slow start today.

Unsure what today brings other than some exercise and ale - obviously
  • As per tlw's 2nd paragraph really.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Had a gentle ride planned today but it's been kyboshed so not sure what to do now.
    Legs are sore after going out yesterday so not up for much anyway.

Was woken up this morning by "pycho girlfriend" next door (his words, not mine) hammering on their door while on the phone telling him to let her in :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Family shizzle today. Young Oxo playing football followed by Eldest lad without klingon being taken for his birthday treat. Flying lessons, well a couple of them at local airfield. He hasn't got a scooby doo what's happening. Should be interesting.

Happy birthday Eldest lad. I hope the instructor pulls the passing out joke 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • oxoman said:

Morning all. Family shizzle today. Young Oxo playing football followed by Eldest lad without klingon being taken for his birthday treat. Flying lessons, well a couple of them at local airfield. He hasn't got a scooby doo what's happening. Should be interesting.

What a great birthday treat,
    and well done for keeping it quiet! Sure he'll love it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Soggy. Meh. That's piddled on my chips.
    Lots of apples to pick. Might bake a crumble.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Not one apple left on our tree, all jumped off in protest of lack of water.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Not one apple left on our tree, all jumped off in protest of lack of water.
    Ours took a late flourish when it poured for a few days. before that, they were small.
    7 trees to pick...

Last year, this peninsula was brown in a 25 mile radius.
    This year has been dryer and hotter and everything stayed green.
    Very odd.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    oxoman said:

Sounds like a good present, as long as he doesn't crash :)

Taking it easy today as my back is f****d. OK lying down or sitting down but tying shoelaces etc are a bit tricky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Taking it easy today as my back is f****d. OK lying down or sitting down but tying shoelaces etc are a bit tricky.
    What are we going to do with you Stevo? You’ll give wheelspinner a run for his money at this rate.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just been tinkering in the oubliette with the Prince and newly rebuilt for winter use Soloist - plan is to do some Zwifting then chill avec The Hound en famille..
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

What are we going to do with you Stevo? You’ll give wheelspinner a run for his money at this rate.
    Good point, I'm a bit of a wreck at the moment. Its annoying as all I want to do is ride my bike a couple of times a week. Mind you, me and back problems are no strangers, I started riding bikes again back in 2009 after the last big back problem as I reckoned running and tennis were not helping.

Hopefully this is just a pulled muscle and it'll sort itself before long. Got a physio session on Wednesday, only he thinks it's about my leg until I turn up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    whats his rationale?
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022
    MattFalle said:

whats his rationale?

He doesn't know about the back problem yet - that a new one. He's been helping sort my leg out so far and this week's session was booked for that.
  • MattFalle
    aaahhh, gotcha.

yeah, could be connected: my rubbish back is linked to my utterlyandtotallyfucked knee throwing me all out of kilter.

otherwise osteo/chiro dude may help - you'll get it all on your health ins so nothing to be lost really.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022
    MattFalle said:

aaahhh, gotcha.

yeah, could be connected: my rubbish back is linked to my utterlyandtotallyfucked knee throwing me all out of kilter.

otherwise osteo/chiro dude may help - you'll get it all on your health ins so nothing to be lost really.

Ta, I'll see what he says. Good point about the back possibly being caused by the leg problem, though gut feel says they're separate as I've had the leg thing for ages.

He's still not 100% on the leg problem though - very likely had a torn tendon (adductor longus) which is pretty much healed, but probably also have some sort of trapped nerve thing in the leg (not sciatica though)
  • Rubbish sleep, so a slow day. Strolled the neighbourhood this morning as usual, then a day of Very Light Duties in the shed. Decided to sell a lot of the bike spares as I can't even ride the ones that are already built, let alone keep things to fix or build bikes I don't have yet.

7 carbon handlebars
    5 stems
    2 sets disc brakes
    1 carbon MTB fork
    1 pair 26" wheels
    1 pair 29" wheels
    2 seatposts
    1 road frame
    1 alloy roadie bar
    2 sets spare cranks
    Box full of random chainrings
    1 pair hubs, plus a third spare front
    3 new rims
    Tyres - multiple
    1 road bike - complete
    2 MTB's complete

There's probably more. A few boxes I've not checked yet.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle

Rubbish sleep, so a slow day. Strolled the neighbourhood this morning as usual, then a day of Very Light Duties in the shed. Decided to sell a lot of the bike spares as I can't even ride the ones that are already built, let alone keep things to fix or build bikes I don't have yet.

7 carbon handlebars
    5 stems
    2 sets disc brakes
    1 carbon MTB fork
    1 pair 26" wheels
    1 pair 29" wheels
    2 seatposts
    1 road frame
    1 alloy roadie bar
    2 sets spare cranks
    Box full of random chainrings
    1 pair hubs, plus a third spare front
    3 new rims
    Tyres - multiple
    1 road bike - complete
    2 MTB's complete

There's probably more. A few boxes I've not checked yet.

NOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT!

Never ever sell anything. Ever. Only buy.

The utterly wonderful divine beautiful sweet kind NFNATN would never sell any bike parts so why should we/you?

You'll only get pennies/cents for the bits so there is actually no point tbh
  • MattFalle said:

NOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT!

Never ever sell anything. Ever. Only buy.

The utterly wonderful divine beautiful sweet kind NFNATN would never sell any bike parts so why should we/you?

You'll only get pennies/cents for the bits so there is actually no point tbh

That's true, but for the most part I've had my money's worth out of the bits and pieces so it doesn't matter. If all that lot above sells, there's six or seven grand I can spend on other pointless stuff. That's more fun than looking at it all hang on the wall or in boxes
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    only if you promise to spend it on cool blingy things and post piccies up here.

nothing shitand pointless like di2 or discs allowed.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

If all that lot above sells, there's six or seven grand I can spend on other pointless stuff. That's more fun than looking at it all hang on the wall or in boxes

If you've got bike price inflation down under like the rest of us, see how much you can sell for more than you originally paid for it :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Bit CBA today. Started on installing the electrics in the garage, slow progress as the blockwork walls are well hard, which is good I suppose. But didn't get much done before going F this, make a coffee, have a biscuit, fossick about on t'internet. Trades bloke coming Tuesday to start the re-roofing.

'Tis pity the time zone differential for the Worlds is so big.

Anyway, graveller fettled and ready for some escaping into the forest park tomorrow, avoid the Brenda-mourning media-saturation climax.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    orraloon said:

avoid the Brenda-mourning media-saturation climax.

don't forget the action replay, reviews, analysis, initial re-runs, crimbo and new year re-runs, etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

orraloon said:

don't forget the action replay, reviews, analysis, initial re-runs, crimbo and new year re-runs, etc.
    I’m in the queue, wish me luck 🤞
  • seanoconn said:

sungod said:

orraloon said:

Good luck! 👍
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

orraloon said:

Your what?!
  • pinno
    @Stevo_666 What about some basic core stability exercises and build them up?
  • pinno
    @Wheelspinner : Have you got a pair of 40 cm 31.9 clamp carbon drop bars (short reach) ?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

@Stevo_666 What about some basic core stability exercises and build them up?

I will do, once I can move without shouting expletives.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

orraloon said:

Your what?!
    I'll see if I can spot him on the endless newsfeed.