'ning

even nippier

ride cades laze bubbly, the quaternity
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Looks like it will be a lovely, but cool day here.
    Off up a mountain to search for lost kit 🙄 then to the cafe if it's still open.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Hounds walked, now porridge ready for double Llandegla with a mate then into town with friends for a decent night out
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Rugby season well underway with the first match this morning. Home game so I get to enjoy a bacon roll after it. Hopefully the boys feel well prepared. Leg update - the obvious wound is looking better. Still loads of pain when I first stand up and nasty twinges during the day. Starting to wonder if there might be a bit of a crack on the bone. I’ll have a trip to urgent care tomorrow if it hasn’t started getting better; standing up for large parts of the day wouldn’t be helpful if there is.

Other than that, the long weekend means loads of marking and finishing writing a paper. Fun…
  • Getting my autumn/winter/spring kit out, putting summer kit away.

Dog walk on the cards. Some loafing too. Maybe treat the bike to a wash.
  • Very nippy at 0600 but quickly warming up.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,857
    edited September 2022
    Took delivery of a Perfetto long sleeve yesterday from the chaps and chapesses at Wiggle. Will test once the toots are off on their jolly and the decks are clear.
    It's lovely and sunny but a little bit brr.

Due to the unpredictable nature of autumn... spring... summer... winter... I always have whatever clothing at my disposal and it's on hangers and it's not all wrinkly after being squished*. :smiley:

[*'aah but' I hear you say, 'I don't have the room'. You have too much stuff. Rent some space in Seano's attic].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970
    Back still playing up so will be taking things carefully. Was fine till I rolled out of bed. Hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Seeing as I've just sorted it all, I know I have:

2 x summer bib shorts, 2 x thermal bib shorts, 1 x light bib tights, 1 x heavier bib tights. 2 x perfetto short sleeves, 1 x alpha ros light jacket, 1 x mid weight assos jacket, 3 x summer jerseys, 1 x knee warmers, 1 x arm warmers, light gloves, winter gloves, 2 x baselayer mesh vests, 2 x long sleeve merino baselayers. Various socks, some thick, some thin. 1 x neoprene shoe covers. 1 x rain jacket. 1 x skull cap.

It's the October to May stuff that takes up the room, as there's more of it, so it gets vac packed. Dunno how you wrinkle lycra...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, up too early for me yesterday. Great day at Goodwood, helped a mate fix a broken motorbike so it was good to race today. Didn't watch that much of the track action, spent longer wandering pits and paddock looking at stuff. Had an interesting chat with the owner of our biggest suppler, asked wtf was going on at our place. Bit of an ego boost for me, said I was the only one that knows what I'm doing. Great, but not very reassuring.
    Lots of E Types and rather more expensive cars there. Some very tasty. Not surprised your mate broke the gearstick if it's a S1 Stevo. Famously difficult gearbox in those. Car looks great though.
    Lad had his last day at RR and got rather merry.
    Busy day of doing stuff lies ahead, but maybe a coffee first 😁
  • pinno

Seeing as I've just sorted it all, I know I have:

2 x summer bib shorts, 2 x thermal bib shorts, 1 x light bib tights, 1 x heavier bib tights. 2 x perfetto short sleeves, 1 x alpha ros light jacket, 1 x mid weight assos jacket, 3 x summer jerseys, 1 x knee warmers, 1 x arm warmers, light gloves, winter gloves, 2 x baselayer mesh vests, 2 x long sleeve merino baselayers. Various socks, some thick, some thin. 1 x neoprene shoe covers. 1 x rain jacket. 1 x skull cap.

Hmm... Makes me think.

1 x Castelli espresso jacket
    1 x DHB full winter shell
    1 x DHB bib shorts
    2 x Santini bib shorts
    1 x Wilier bib shorts
    1 x Castelli Giro bib shorts
    1 x Lusso bib shorts
    1 X Perfetto long sleeve jersey
    2 x Perfetto s/s jersey's
    1 x Giordana s/s Jersey
    3 x Retro jersey's (never worn)
    2 x DHB winter tights, 1 deep winter and 1 medium fleece
    1 x Endura bib tights
    1 x Le Col light winter tights
    3 x Mitts
    1 x Lusso winter gloves
    1 x Castelli winter gloves
    1 x Over socks
    2 x Glove liners
    6 Long sleeve base layers - including Odlo, Rough radical, Ba ba merino, Iso Baa, DHB, Kraft
    1 x Neoprene over shoes
    2 x Shoes, 2 Sidi, 1 Fizik
    and more socks than you can shake a stick at.

Can I borrow your vacuum kit machine packing wotsit?
  • pinno

What now?

• pinno said:

Hmm... Makes me think.

1 x Castelli espresso jacket
    1 x DHB full winter shell
    1 x DHB bib shorts
    2 x Santini bib shorts
    1 x Wilier bib shorts
    1 x Castelli Giro bib shorts
    1 x Lusso bib shorts
    1 X Perfetto long sleeve jersey
    2 x Perfetto s/s jersey's
    1 x Giordana s/s Jersey
    3 x Retro jersey's (never worn)
    2 x DHB winter tights, 1 deep winter and 1 medium fleece
    1 x Endura bib tights
    1 x Le Col light winter tights
    3 x Mitts
    1 x Lusso winter gloves
    1 x Castelli winter gloves
    1 x Over socks
    2 x Glove liners
    6 Long sleeve base layers - including Odlo, Rough radical, Ba ba merino, Iso Baa, DHB, Kraft
    1 x Neoprene over shoes
    2 x Shoes, 2 Sidi, 1 Fizik
    and more socks than you can shake a stick at.

Can I borrow your vacuum kit machine packing wotsit?
    :smiley:

All you need is a vacuum cleaner and the right bags. They're pretty good.

That's a lot of kit!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Ride ridded, knee warmers, dome randon shorts, old Perfetto that is still mega, arm warmers. Just perfect temp.

Saddle on Prince levelled.

now going for a walk en famille avec le chien to track down an egg sausage nd bacon bap with brown sauce and mustard
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,577
    edited September 2022
    pinno said:

Hmm... Makes me think.

...a shed load...
    Does that include kit in the loft?
    Think I'd take up a pageful. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666

Lots of E Types and rather more expensive cars there. Some very tasty. Not surprised your mate broke the gearstick if it's a S1 Stevo. Famously difficult gearbox in those. Car looks great though.

Luckily it was only the little cap on top of the gear stick. He's added to the list of niggles to sort. Bigger one is the slightly leaky join between manifold and down pipes which was making the car smell like you were stood behind it when we were sat in it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Having a chimay triple and looking at the autumn sun in the garden. Given the abv of the beer, I'm basically a tramp in a park, except the tramp's beer is cheaper, and his vista is wider. Mmmm. Posh tramp.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Just savoured a beef in beer long slow cook casserole made with a Chimay Bleu, very tasty. Would have used Chimay Rouge but down to my last bottle of that. Got the replenishment Belgie trip upcoming early October. Hope the £ doesn't tank any further before then.

My vista is of course bob on.

In other news, another garden fettling sesh completed, keep on keeping on in this dry weather. New vege patch tilled over, pretty much ready to rock. New beech hedge line also tilled, ready for bare root slip planting come winter. Progress is good.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

What now?

He's got his final year at university to get his masters. Then he's a certified engineer, as opposed to just certifiable. He's been told by a couple of senior managers that he should apply for their grad scheme for when he's finished which bodes well.
    Taking a car full of his stuff back to Brum tomorrow, should free up a lot of space here.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Luckily it was only the little cap on top of the gear stick. He's added to the list of niggles to sort. Bigger one is the slightly leaky join between manifold and down pipes which was making the car smell like you were stood behind it when we were sat in it.
    That's not too bad, that gearbox is hideous. But bulletproof. A 5 speed conversion will work wonders. Brakes are pretty poor on those as well, worth doing something about if he intends to drive it.
    Manifold to downpipe gasket shouldn't be hard to fix.
    B³'s given me an idea, I might raid the fridge for some posh tramp juice.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903
    the blue is good for vlaamse stoverij, also leffe bruin, will be making a batch as the weather cools, yum
  • 4.20am, sitting in dining room. Yippee.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    sungod said:

the blue is good for vlaamse stoverij, also leffe bruin, will be making a batch as the weather cools, yum

First time with a Bleu. Usually I'm using St Bernardus 6, dark brown, out of those now or in festive season go full on Westvleteren 12 😳. This stoverij is pretty bloody good, I may have found a new taste dimension.
  • sungod
    with trappist beer, cheese and crusty bread?
  • orraloon
    sungod said:

with trappist beer, cheese and crusty bread?

😊 gone rogue, 'new' potato, the small baby type and a glass of Malbec.

Looking forward to the Poperinge trip in October, will have been 6 months since last time and as the seasons head that way the menus will be more 'warming' stylee.

Mind you, travel times going to be a bit more now I have exited The Valley. Worth it though.
  • sungod
    oops, i was aiming the cheese etc. at ws

baby spuds with stoverij? heresy, frites, though i also like it with watercress and crusty bread and butter
  • orraloon

4.20am, sitting in dining room. Yippee.

Ok, I bite, 4.20am in a dining room? Still arguing over the bill?
  • Just discovered the local hill to me in Somerset is this year's national hill climb course. Must get more forgiving gearing.
  • veronese68
    Forgot to say, I'm happy to lend a hand with changing cranks Seano. Bring it all over. If I declare your bike beyond repair you can leave it all here.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022

Stevo_666 said:

That's not too bad, that gearbox is hideous. But bulletproof. A 5 speed conversion will work wonders. Brakes are pretty poor on those as well, worth doing something about if he intends to drive it.
    Manifold to downpipe gasket shouldn't be hard to fix.
    B³'s given me an idea, I might raid the fridge for some posh tramp juice.
    Yep, gearbox was awful - he was having to wrestle it nto 1st and we were sat at the lights for 2 or 3 seconds after they went green before we could move off. I'll mention the 5 speed conversion idea, ta.

He's got some washers to fix the manifold problem, just needs time to sort it.

Might have to resort to tramp fuel myself if Ibuprofen and having having a lie down doesn't sort out my bloody back.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Just discovered the local hill to me in Somerset is this year's national hill climb course. Must get more forgiving gearing.

Are you sure? https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/23349