wednesday and all the wounded are walking through the rain

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Kenya 1978, population 16m: The first president Jomo Kenyatta died and given how rural it was then, people queued for6 days to see his body and many arrived from miles away by foot.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    ^ That must have got a bit wiffy, 6 days and counting with a corpse out in Kenyan temperatures. Wouldn't fancy a shift being a just standing there guard prole.

But extra-terrestrial reptilian overlords don't rot so quick so no masks required.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617

Give B³ some credit, not even Piña is daft enough to join that queue

He'd never get the chance, the border patrols would pick him up before he got near.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    orraloon said:

^ That must have got a bit wiffy, 6 days and counting with a corpse out in Kenyan temperatures. Wouldn't fancy a shift being a just standing there guard prole.

But extra-terrestrial reptilian overlords don't rot so quick so no masks required.

Interestingly, the Kenyan govt. asked the British for assistance in organising a state funeral like Churchill's.
    He had a stroke in ''66, another in '68 and they had planned for his death then. He then went slowly senile and rarely spoke publicly. No one knew and they kept it hush hush for nearly 10 years.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!