wednesday and all the wounded are walking through the rain

'ning

much sogginess, not liking the forecast of plummeting temperature in the coming days

stroll, cafes, perhaps a hot savoury rather than cake, wfh with smiting, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Gentle walk and then work snizzle, hopefully not into the night again so I can get out on a bike
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited September 2022
    Sore was sungod's wrath, so he smote his underlings with great ferocity, and lo, he did feel better, and even unto this, the rain stoppeth.

Wet road ride again. Forecast looks better later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

Sore was sungod's wrath, so he smote his underlings with great ferocity, and lo, he did feel better, and even unto this, the rain stoppeth.

Wet road ride again. Forecast looks better later.

i'm a benevolent sungod, beloved among nations, no smiting of underlings

but burdensome corporate panderers, right in their self-satisfied faces

cafe stroll time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Forsooth! the skies are wanton and bereft of colour. Methinks the sorcerer in the south's trickery with exotic fruits hath brought misfortune and bad weather.
    Recipe's cast in haste and anger doth bode badly and Beans the Feline hath murdered extra mice as warning..
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Grim ride, discretion very much forming the better part of valour. I wondered why the traffic was p!ss poor everywhere. A mixture of everyone jumping in their car at the first sign of rain, and then coming closer to town, road closures for Brenda. Hopefully an easier trip later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    edited September 2022
    Soggy here which I don't mind as I'm not riding. Back is still on the sore side and need to allow extra time to tie shoe laces etc. Looks like Fridays fun bike session will have to be canned as a precaution, but will head out anyway as my biking mate has just refurbished an E-type Jag and we can go for quick spin in that.

The door is off the cave at the moment as it's getting repaired, luckily it's not too chilly.

Onwards to work etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Leave the metropolis with all of its aggro hb and move somewhere more relaxed like Somerset / Devon, good for the soul 😉

A vn type slow start, will head off in a bit to collect materials various, last confirmation message just arrived. Dunno when trades guys will show for to do the pro bit of the fit of accumulating pile of parts.

Laterz I may send a small child brush up the open chimney for to give it a clean before draught sealing it for winter times. February before the woodburner gets installed, and I ain't having an open chimney sucking expensive therms up and out.
  • Its grim up north.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Its grim up north.

Guess I must be in the middle lands then because it's OK here bust most importantly not raining for the ride to/from the office.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

just zwifted now eating breaded chickrn steaks and watching tattoo cover up programme on Netflix that is simply brilliant.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

ciao

just zwifted now eating breaded chickrn steaks and watching tattoo cover up programme on Netflix that is simply brilliant.

Ciao
    Where were you when @johngti needed his foot amputating?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited September 2022
    orraloon said:

Leave the metropolis with all of its aggro hb and move somewhere more relaxed like Somerset / Devon, good for the soul 😉

Not so easy as mini just started senior school.

Nice to have a foot in both camps though. :)
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

ciao

Ciao
    Where were you when @johngti needed his foot amputating?
    ciao!

he did what? that's mentsl, innit.

cool.

any pics?
  • thistle_ said:

Its grim up north.

Guess I must be in the middle lands then because it's OK here bust most importantly not raining for the ride to/from the office.

Here in the East Midlands it's been fine all morning while I WFW, though a little cool to start
    Warming nicely now so back on with the shorts for this saffto's WFW

Might even snaffle up a tea-cake along the way :) ...followed by a beer/cider on the way home :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, just booked Friday off as I blagged a ticket for the Goodwood Revival meeting. I even get a free parking spot as it's the lad's last day at Rolls. I'll give him a lift down, and if he's out the pub when I leave he can have a lift back as well.
    There's an MF back, where are the rest of them? My garage has been very quiet, at least there are no crumbs to clean up now. Pic's of Mr GTi's leg were posted a couple of days ago, pretty sure it's gangrene. But at least the wrinkly heel has fixed itself.
    A tad moist for the wobble in, seems dry now. That it'll be raining down south on Friday is the only thing we can be sure of.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Sounds like we're all escaping to the country to a greater or lesser degree. I like getting a high 6 when people greet me round here :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    edited September 2022

Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, just booked Friday off as I blagged a ticket for the Goodwood Revival meeting. I even get a free parking spot as it's the lad's last day at Rolls. I'll give him a lift down, and if he's out the pub when I leave he can have a lift back as well.
    There's an MF back, where are the rest of them? My garage has been very quiet, at least there are no crumbs to clean up now. Pic's of Mr GTi's leg were posted a couple of days ago, pretty sure it's gangrene. But at least the wrinkly heel has fixed itself.
    A tad moist for the wobble in, seems dry now. That it'll be raining down south on Friday is the only thing we can be sure of.

everyone's just been busy but they're regrouping back up. sort of organised chaos. herding cats/imbeciles, as the casemay be.

let me go looking for a good bit of leg. always been a leg man, me.....

you all groovy?
  • Busy day ripping out weeds and stuff in the "garden". Think we could fill our ute a few times over...

Biggest nuisance is I can still do that kind of stuff ok, but can I sit on a bike for more than 10 minutes? Nah, that just kills me... 🤬

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

That's my plan - except I'm only about 30 yards from home :)
  • Queue to look at Brenda's coffin as seen from across the Thames in our office. It extends away to the left as well. We are at least a couple of miles from Westminster.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Queue to look at Brenda's coffin as seen from across the Thames in our office. It extends away to the left as well. We are at least a couple of miles from Westminster.

Jeez, going to be a bugger to join the end of that queue after work hop, good luck 🤞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    you're not going to stand in that are you H3?
  • veronese68
    Give B³ some credit, not even Piña is daft enough to join that queue
  • MattFalle

very well said. H3 will be quoffing and scoffing something utterly delish instead of doing that.
  • veronese68
    Unfairly picking on Piña in my post above, none of us would be that daft and there's a lot of daftness around these parts.
  • MattFalle said:

very well said. H3 will be quoffing and scoffing something utterly delish instead of doing that.
    Sri Lankan takeaway and a couple of bottles of Jever pilsner.

Cycling over southwark bridge I got a much better look at the queue away east to Tower Bridge, not sure if people are just joining for lolz after work. I'm sure people will just give up at some point. The Japanese are all "wtf are these people doing?". I asked if the emperor's death would be the same. They said not in public.
  • seanoconn said:

Queue to look at Brenda's coffin as seen from across the Thames in our office. It extends away to the left as well. We are at least a couple of miles from Westminster.

Jeez, going to be a censored to join the end of that queue after work hop, good luck 🤞
    :smile:

I've saved you a spot seano. I'm just by Tower Bridge. I have a damp sleeping bag and a 3l bottle of white ace, for drinking and then as a makeshift urinal.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Jeez, going to be a censored to join the end of that queue after work hop, good luck 🤞
    :smile:

I've saved you a spot seano. I'm just by Tower Bridge. I have a damp sleeping bag and a 3l bottle of white ace, for drinking and then as a makeshift urinal.
    Top man. Text me when you get nearer Brenda. I’ll bring my own 3l bottle of white ace. The more brain cells we smash the easier it will be to converse with the teens/twenty somethings in the queue.

“Er yeah, I’m queuing up to see the Queen because like she was the Queen for 70 years and was serving us and drove an ambulance in the war and all that, so I’m paying respects init.”
  • seanoconn

Unfairly picking on Piña in my post above, none of us would be that daft and there's a lot of daftness around these parts.

WTAF!!?
  • thistle_
    Nobody's starting a Speedy Mourning queue, £1/ticket then buggering off once it's 100 idiots long?