'ning

mild start again

ride cafes and wfh, so much to do, so little inclination to do it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning SG

Park and pedal to the office this morning. Felt slow and boring.
    Lots of random aches, not in the mood for anything.
    Got a couple of hours of training to do today which should pass some time.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Good morning ladies and gentleman, today's post is dedicated to the sublime*.

A complete lie of course because I have little inclination to do anything. Going to pedal on the rollers for an hour methinks..

*Slight variation of a Hitchcock introduction to an episode of tales of the unexpected.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Up early for a injury testing run, things hurt but I can walk ok so that’s a bonus.

Lots of meetings and then back up the delightful toll road, later is hopefully a bike ride
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Have any of you seen the bracket for my front bike light?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

EBay?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

*Slight variation of a Hitchcock introduction to an episode of tales of the unexpected.

Wasn’t that Roald Dahl?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Wasn’t that Roald Dahl?
    Correctamundo Ringo.

Blue skies, no wind, a bike ride beckons this morning, after yet another season ticket tip run plus go seek out some more materials for an improvement, lots of scope for improvement. After that, tbd but prob more garden mangling fettling involved.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

Have any of you seen my rear light? I lent it to the boy, and he reckons he put it back in the drawer. It's definitely not there though, but the front light is.

Rode in, looks like a damp return leg.

Quite bored already, which isn't a good sign.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    One of my back muscles decided to start complaining about yesterday's commute when I got up this morning, rather than piping up last night. Hey ho.

Got a meeting with His Majesty's Highwaymen aka HMRC, but as they're not allowed to travel in most cases we are doing it virtually. Good, means I don't have waste any of my entertaining budget on the greedy ****ers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

One of my back muscles decided to start complaining about yesterday's commute when I got up this morning, rather than piping up last night. Hey ho.

You have to gradually mould your old bones back into bike shape. Too much too soon and you’ll injure yourself again.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You have to gradually mould your old bones back into bike shape. Too much too soon and you’ll injure yourself again.
    I've been back pedalling for a little while now with no problems so this seems a bit random?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I've been back pedalling for a little while now with no problems so this seems a bit random?
    You haven’t messed with your setup in any way? Lower back?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Try forward pedalling.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Wasn’t that Roald Dahl?
    No.
  • pinno
    'Good evening...' was Hitchcock's opening line;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx4r21Dw-z4
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You haven’t messed with your setup in any way? Lower back?
    Nope and yes lower back to the right side. It was a bit sore before I rode but decided to get worse 12 hours afterwards.
  • Ran last night and felt surprisingly OK about it. Might even step up a group next week :o
    Swam this morning, fairly gentle pace but got a decent distance in.
    I'm now a geek as I've just manage to swap out a graphics card and still have the ability to internet successfully.
    Other than that, a fairly mundane day of attempting to steal land, giving people days off and general engineering malarkey.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

'Good evening...' was Hitchcock's opening line;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx4r21Dw-z4

Oh, Alfred Hitchcock presents.

So apart from getting the name of the program entirely wrong, confusing it with another. You were entirely correct! Please accept my most humble grovelling apology.

• pinno
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

So apart from getting the name of the program entirely wrong, confusing it with another. You were entirely correct! Please accept my most humble grovelling apology.

Heineken schmeineken - who cares?
    Apology accepted. Do it again and it will be detention and lines.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Heineken schmeineken - who cares?
    Apology accepted. Do it again and it will be detention and lines.

I think you’ll find you do care, have been cut to the quick and may never bounce back from the humiliation.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Well that tale wasn't unexpected was it?

Day's activities been shuffled, lot of online action this morning, now got Stuff lined up for collection tomorrow, hopefully. So sun still shines, time to get org-ed and out on t'bike.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2022
    Afternoon. I knew yesterday went too well. Well over an hour and a half on hold for the doc only to be told they can’t see me but I’m welcome to go and sit at a hospital for as long as it takes to be seen. 111 called, just waiting for the call back. At which point I’ll be told to go and sit and wait in the hospital for as long as it takes etc.

Got to admire the mess the government has made of the NHS over the last 12 years!

Mrs gti’s mum has gone to a+e with dizziness caused by high blood pressure. Hopefully she’ll be looked after better.

The dog is getting neutered today, hoping it takes the edge off his madness.

The good bit of the day is that teen gti is winning a diligence prize at school tonight. What a good lad!
  • pinno
    You won't have to wait in queues when the leg falls off.

Loads of EU workers departed didn't they?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

You won't have to wait in queues when the leg falls off.

Loads of EU workers departed didn't they?

Yeah. Some nonsense about making the country feel unfriendly towards them for some strange reason. No idea what might have prompted that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice was saved by beautiful assistant looking exceptionally fine today.
    Warm and moist wobble home was made more entertaining by gridlocked traffic due to roadworks. Was a little surprised to have two cars and an Amazon van drive the wrong way down a one way street at me. Keeps you on your toes I guess.
    Talking of toes, glad to see your wrinkly heel has improved Mr GTi, shame you'll lose it when the leg is amputated. Where are the MFs? Couldn't one of them do it quicker than the NHS?
  • thistle_

Warm and moist wobble home was made more entertaining by gridlocked traffic due to roadworks. Was a little surprised to have two cars and an Amazon van drive the wrong way down a one way street at me.

The Amazon drivers near work do that. Grassed them up to plod but suspect they've done fa about it. They prefer finiing cyclists because it's easier and can't even be bothered with that.

Supposed to be playing up in the hills but feeling rubbish, made worse by having to go to work so didn't bother :neutral:

• Predicted dampness and therefore a wasted tailwind on the way home. I'd packed my waterproof, but it didn't actually start raining until I had warmed up a bit, so not required. I performed a Gt85 and a relube to avoid the dreaded morning orange chain.

I've been enjoying Sandman on nutflux, so am episode of that is on the cards.
  • pinno
    Nutflex
    Notflix
    Natflax
    Nitflux
  • pinno said:

Nutflex
    Notflix
    Natflax
    Nitflux

It was a kiwi colleague who called me a cross between bun and bin, sat out on her dick in the evening, and liked to watch nutflux.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Nutflex
    Notflix
    Natflax
    Nitflux

It was a kiwi colleague who called me a cross between bun and bin, sat out on her censored in the evening, and liked to watch nutflux.
    Yeah. I met a guy once and I couldn't pin his accent.
    His excuse was that as he had been in the UK for a while it wasn't as accentuated.

He said "You should know the difference between a Kiwi and a Wallaby - an Englishman says 'sex, fish and chips', a Wallaby says 'six, fish and chips' and a Kiwi says 'sux, fush and chups'.