La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 18: Trujillo - Alto de Piornal 192km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Remco gets bored and rides off to the remains of the break prompting a load of WTF looks as the riders see him there. O'Connor did a triple take. Gesink still out front as is Carapaz.
  • Pross
    Looks like Rodriguez is still in with Ayuso, thought he'd got dropped a long time back. Gesink leading by 49" from the Remco group.
  • Tao done a grand job there
  • Pross
    Gutsy ride by Rodriguez who is in a right mess. TGH drags him back to the Remco group taking Ayuso and Lopez with him but then they all start attacking and drop him again.
  • Pross
    Pinot and Carapaz are about to get caught but Gesink may hold on. The last 5k seems to have gone on forever, possibly due to listening to CK.
  • Pross
    Remco goes again but Mas closes him quite easily.
  • Pross said:

Gutsy ride by Rodriguez who is in a right mess. TGH drags him back to the Remco group taking Ayuso and Lopez with him but then they all start attacking and drop him again.

Carapaz taken up the chaperone duties now.
  • Gutsy from Gesink, thought he was going to take advantage of them pissing about behind but didn't quite have enough.

Remco takes it
  • Pross
    That was really good but ruined by the commentary. Remco takes it after overhauling Gesink in the last 200m, he was possibly going to leave it but Mas forced his hand.

Carapaz leading in The Mummy about 1' 20" down, Lopez probably moving up a place on GC.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,874
    Phew
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Gesunk.

Carapaz was indeed towing The Mummy.
    Can’t see Rodriguez surviving Saturday’s stage if indeed he even starts.

Going to be a cracker. (Tomorrow looks odds on to be a dud.)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,874
    That stage was full on the whole way
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Definitely didn't expect it to come back together when that break had 9 minutes