La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 9:- Villaviciosa - Les Praeres. Nava, 171.4km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• Jumbo’s day going from bad to worse.
    Roglic left behind by the two youngsters
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Rodriguez catching Mas
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Nobody is suggesting that Meintjes should ride for a stage win
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Good win by louis
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Roglic not as bad as I thought
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Remco puts a minute into most on GC
  • mididoctors
  • mididoctors
    Been very fast.. remco went very deep
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    Of the rest, Ayuso must have managed his effort really well - didn't stay with Mas and Evenepoel, but ended up only losing 34 seconds. Mas at 44 seconds behind remco and roglic another 8 seconds back.
  • mididoctors
    Mas yo.yoed a bit didn't he ... Just over cooking it slightly
  • mididoctors
    Roglic came back to ..thought he was going to lose a lot more at one point
  • RichN95.
    edited August 2022
    How many teenagers have started a GT in the last 30 years? I'm guessing Ayuso is the only one.

Of the current top five, Evenepoel is the third oldest.
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

How many teenagers have started a GT in the last 30 years? I'm guessing Ayuso is the only one.

I know nothing about the guy
  • RichN95.
    edited August 2022

RichN95. said:

I'll alert the media.
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

I'll alert the media.
    Has he got a TT?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    edited August 2022

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

I'll alert the media.
    Has he got a TT?
    Yes
    5th in Romandie, (finished 4th overall) 10th in the Dauphine.
  • mididoctors

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

I'll alert the media.
    Has he got a TT?
    Yes
    5th in Romandie, (finished 4th overall) 10th in the Dauphine.
    Mmm thanks
  • kingstongraham
    RichN95. said:

Not many - Brenner in this race started as a teenager but is now 20.

Ponomar was a teenager in this year's giro - and last year's giro :o . Been a couple more in the giro (rovny and giacomelli).

Danny van Poppel in 2013 the only one in tdf.
  • RichN95.
    Draft clearance
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    The coverage of Kom summits is crazy.
    I also thought roglic did well to limit his losses. Not a great day for jumbo.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,025
    With Remco's form coming into the race his performance so far isn't a surprise - but still good to see him do it in a grand tour.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2022
    bm5 said:

The coverage of Kom summits is crazy.
    I also thought roglic did well to limit his losses. Not a great day for jumbo.

Production and coverage has been sub par . Cam selection choice by the producers especially poor

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135

With Remco's form coming into the race his performance so far isn't a surprise - but still good to see him do it in a grand tour.

Still a week to go which is going to be the acid test. Definitely going in the right direction though.
  • kingstongraham
    Pross said:

Still a week to go which is going to be the acid test. Definitely going in the right direction though.
    It feels somehow like it's been going forever, but there's still two weeks to go! Stage 11 was where it started to go wrong in the Giro last year.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

Pross said:

It feels somehow like it's been going forever, but there's still two weeks to go! Stage 11 was where it started to go wrong in the Giro last year.
    You would think he'd put decent time into Mas in the TT today, which would give him a pretty hefty buffer. Covid is probably his biggest threat right now.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    RichN95. said:

Pross said:

Yeah realised after posting that this is actually only the second full week. The Dutch stages feel ages ago - back when Jumbo Visma ruled the world.