La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 5:- Irun - Bilbao, 187.2km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Wright sits up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Lol .... Wright wasn't going to lead them all in ...fair play
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Soler gets it by 100 m or so
  • Never underestimate the stupidity of the average pro racer.

Soler wins from Impey but Fred Wright still manages 3rd.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Good stage
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    Top level wheelsucking by Mollard
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Pro level

• mididoctors
    Fred Wright breaking it down...so frustrated.
  • Pross said:

He sucked hard for his solitary day in rojo.
    He'll have to suck hard with a vengeance if he's to hold onto it tomorrow, as it's the race's first appointment with a proper MTF.
  • Pross

Fred Wright breaking it down...so frustrated.

And yet another example of stupid interview questions from the Eurosport reporters like I mentioned on the CK thread earlier. Thought Fred was going to lose his temper with him briefly.
  • Pross
    Oomen must be even more fed up today, after he didn't get his turn in red yesterday JV just give it away today.
  • Pross said:

Oomen must be even more fed up today, after he didn't get his turn in red yesterday JV just give it away today.

A bad oomen for team unity?
  • Pross said:

If it was going to be one man, it was Oomen, the director's cut.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    I'd have loved Fred Wright to have got into red, but FDJ played that to perfection. Stewart's attack was always a long shot, but worth giving it a go and it almost guaranteed that Molard would take the jersey at the end of the day.

• mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

I'd have loved Fred Wright to have got into red, but FDJ played that to perfection. Stewart's attack was always a long shot, but worth giving it a go and it almost guaranteed that Molard would take the jersey at the end of the day.

It was the right play
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Well Fred Wright gets to wear the white jersey so he can hide amongst all the other white jerseys in this vuelta!
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455

Pross said:

To err is Oomen
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023