La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 4:- Vitoria-Gasteiz - Laguardia, 152.5km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Pross said:

Decent by Sivakov, didn't expect him to be the first Ineos rider to cross the line.

Big figure in the peloton everyone out the saddle last corner
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • LOL at Pedersen being like a bull in climber’s china shop. A few mountain types will have sore shoulders this evening.

As Pross says, Roglic did what Roglic does.
    Meh.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Most of the GC types were either on ST or lumped together at 7 seconds.
    There are a few notable exceptions:
    Not a GC rider but perhaps the biggest surprise of all was Julian Alaphilippe came in 28 seconds down.
    Nibali lost 45"
    Jungels lost 6 minutes
    Pinot lost 6 and a quarter.
    Lutsenko ended the day at 10'-29"
    Froome rolled home over 14 minutes down, so all that post Tour wishful thinking was just that.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,533
    Mads has really set his sights on that points jersey
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,382
    5 Grenadiers in the top 8 of GC
  • mididoctors

Most of the GC types were either on ST or lumped together at 7 seconds.
    There are a few notable exceptions:
    Not a GC rider but perhaps the biggest surprise of all was Julian Alaphilippe came in 28 seconds down.
    Nibali lost 45"
    Jungels lost 6 minutes
    Pinot lost 6 and a quarter.
    Lutsenko ended the day at 10'-29"
    Froome rolled home over 14 minutes down, so all that post Tour wishful thinking was just that.

It was a really really fast stage ...under raced (ja) or tired (froome) is not going to cut it .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • redbicyclewvDUrB5I
    edited August 2022
    Can someone explain to me how Roglic/Kuss who were tied on time yesterday are now separated by 13 sec after finishing today's stage in the S.T. but with Roglic gaining a 10 sec time bonus? Is this "new math?" <<never mind...I see he gained some 3 sec for a sprint bonus before the finish also (?)...odd>>
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Bonus seconds on the last climb I believe
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Sam oomen was definitely not happy that he missed the red jersey.
    Roglic was just very happy it seemed.
    De Tier building a good lead in the linterna Roja.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    bm5 said:

Sam oomen was definitely not happy that he missed the red jersey.
    Roglic was just very happy it seemed.

JV is not one big happy family. There are cliques. Sam is not part of the Roglic / WVA camp.
  • mididoctors

Can someone explain to me how Roglic/Kuss who were tied on time yesterday are now separated by 13 sec after finishing today's stage in the S.T. but with Roglic gaining a 10 sec time bonus? Is this "new math?" <<never mind...I see he gained some 3 sec for a sprint bonus before the finish also (?)...odd>>

There was a time bonus sprint earlier iirc