Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Ride rided, new find route interesting.

Pinno, it's front and rear flasher season, full sun to full shade difficult for drivers and riders.

Refuel, rehydrate and retire to the shade time.

I do have a rear but not a front.
    Double rear flasher for me on country lanes. Full sun to tree cover shade whilst wearing shades is a censored
    [Slight edit]

I don’t mean hard for cyclists but hard for drivers to see you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Any of you heathens driven a prius it's like driving a rice pudding. Bloody horrible.

I’d have no problem with a Prius but I wouldn’t buy new and second hand have normally been flogged to death as taxis (a good sign they are decent cars) and the boot space is a little small.
    What I should have said is there boring and wooden to drive, no fun whatsoever.
    Useful money saving reliable tool though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    edited August 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Ride rided, new find route interesting.

Pinno, it's front and rear flasher season, full sun to full shade difficult for drivers and riders.

Refuel, rehydrate and retire to the shade time.

I do have a rear but not a front.
    Double rear flasher for me on country lanes. Full sun to tree cover shade whilst wearing shades is a censored
    [Slight edit]

I don’t mean hard for cyclists but hard for drivers to see you.
    I posted as much a few years ago when suddenly seeing a couple of cyclists in the shade coming the other way as I was driving. I've used lights when cycling year round since.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    oxoman said:

Any of you heathens driven a prius it's like driving a rice pudding. Bloody horrible.

Amen to that Oxo, totally uninspiring blandmobiles.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2022
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

I’d have no problem with a Prius but I wouldn’t buy new and second hand have normally been flogged to death as taxis (a good sign they are decent cars) and the boot space is a little small.
    Oh I dunno...
    https://youtu.be/eKIryzmF-VM

I'll take the M3 (or equivalent). Granted, the Prius was better if you wanted to give off an air of saintly smugness, hence Toyota Pius :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Oh I dunno...

I'll take the M3 (or equivalent). Granted, the Prius was better if you wanted to give off an air of saintly smugness, hence Toyota Pius :smile:
    My 911 would do 38mpg @ 85mph and 18mpg pootling around urban roads averaging 22mph.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Oh I dunno...

My 911 would do 38mpg @ 85mph and 18mpg pootling around urban roads averaging 22mph.
    But what about keeping up with a Pius?

Sounds about right though. I've seen mpg in the low to mid teens around town in mine and just over 35mpg on the motorway keeping to the limits in 9th gear :o (In a heavier and less aero car than yours).