Ride, cafe, laze also :sunglasses:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal...

Got to catch the last day of summer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Paddle paddle paddle in a repeat of yesterdays paddle boarding and kayaking down the river but with friends this time.

Pub later obviously
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Pootle, pootle, pootle, 2 years in the flatlands don't do much for the climbing legs. Another loop with much singletrack backroads identified, gotta keep rollin' rollin' rollin'
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    viento asesino in the volcanoes

stopped for a snack at yaiza bar stop, tortilla and bacalao

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Fishy café stop?!

2 incidents:

1. Through town behind a car that's holding me up and I'm trying to get momentum for a short 1 in 4 climb, heading for a mini roundabout. He has right of way given the cars on the junction and decides to slam on the brakes. I shoot over but i'm in the middle of the road trying to get left but silly driver is accelerating. He has to hesitate as there is no where to go with me in the way, gets passed me and 10 yds later turns left anyway.

2. Coming down a hill on a narrow lane heading from bright sunlight into a tunnel of trees. I glance right at the fishermen then ahead and there's a Nissan coming towards me. Except she goes to her right thus orientating the car at an angle and i've no where to go. She brakes, I brake.
    Turned around because i'm sure that I know where she lives. She's just getting out as I arrive and I thank her for stopping and she says she probably should have gone left, leaving me a gap. It's a dark blue Nissan hybrid - couldn't see it, couldn't hear it until the last moment. All sorted amicably.
  • pinno
    Today's (terrible) pics:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Out early-ish to walk the dogs before it gets too hot. Will do a few weights before lunch then enjoy a bit more of the sunshine while it's still here. Ride to work tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed. Was hoping for a day of doing nothing after moving lots of furniture yesterday. Unfortunately the world has other ideas for me. Latch on daughters bedroom window has failed so I need to fix that, unfortunately that may involve climbing onto a flat roof in the sunshine.
  • orraloon
    Ride rided, new find route interesting.

Pinno, it's front and rear flasher season, full sun to full shade difficult for drivers and riders.

Refuel, rehydrate and retire to the shade time.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Pinno, it's front and rear flasher season, full sun to full shade difficult for drivers and riders.

I do have a rear but not a front.
  • pinno
    Shouldn't electric or hybrid vehicles play music or summat?
  • orraloon
    I got a pair, front and rear, of tiny Mizar brand LEDs for the roadie, choose your flash pattern, magnetic twist fit onto bars/frame. Ideal for this time of year, and I can see they help in these bright / dark / bright conditions. Been doing a lot of single track back road stuff, in and out of wooded sections, very few vehicles but I can see that they see me early.

Specific use, doubt they'd be much good in built up, high traffic, street lit urban worlds.

Sheltering indoors, too bleepin' hot out the front just now. And only 1 serving of ice cream left in the freezer.... now or later?...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Wet, windy, blah. Did nothing all morning, then lunch and a short drive out and about. Visited Mum, then home to an afternoon of more nothing. Wasted day really, which annoys me for no good reason.

Dentist in the morning. Woohoo.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Dog walk early, IKEA for bits and pieces (cutlery, glasses, crockery, other domestic odds and sods) for the new house (hoping to complete on Friday), a shyteton of laundry, Henrying and mopping as cleaner is on hols this week, about to do mini a cheeseburger on the grill. A 3 shower day I think.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Shouldn't electric or hybrid vehicles play music or summat?

Should be made to sound like a chevy v8 at least. Very disconcerting when a hybrid comes up behind you or to the side of you and youve not heard its stealthy approach.

Just buy a v8 and be done with it :) Much safer for pedestrians.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Maybe EVs and hybrids should have a high pitched whine: "oh look at me, aren't I doing good, look at me, look at me..."?
  • Stevo_666
    Junior hound got a surprise when he came across a snake in the garden a bit earlier. Probably a juvenile grass snake so totally harmless but he followed his instincts and kept a distance. Then I rocked up with senior hound in tow and the snake slithered off into the bushes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Are you sure it wasn't a bit of rope?
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

My eyesight isn't that bad...
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Maybe EVs and hybrids should have a high pitched whine: "oh look at me, aren't I doing good, look at me, look at me..."?

I was thinking along the lines of when you're on hold and they play les quatre saisons on a loop.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Some said that the original hybrid, the Toyota Prius, had the letter 'r' inserted into its name by accident.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited August 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Some said that the original hybrid, the Toyota Prius, had the letter 'r' inserted into its name by accident.
    "Some" were fcuking illiterate then, if "they" meant pious.

Also, what has religion got to do electric cars?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    thistle_ said:

👍
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

It was a joke...
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

It was a joke...
    A shyte one, if you'll beg my pardon. The sort that'll tickle the funny bone of the hard of thinking.
  • Stevo_666
    Not begging anyones pardon, ta. If you're having another sense of humour failure, best not to rise to bait that's not meant for you.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    oxoman said:

Any of you heathens driven a prius it's like driving a rice pudding. Bloody horrible.

I’d have no problem with a Prius but I wouldn’t buy new and second hand have normally been flogged to death as taxis (a good sign they are decent cars) and the boot space is a little small.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Double rear flasher for me on country lanes. Full sun to tree cover shade is a bugger
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Double rear flasher for me on country lanes. Full sun to tree cover shade whilst wearing shades is a censored
    [Slight edit]