my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Run and swim done.

Now chilling in the sun with a cuppa and then off to the beach soon
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    You're going to Manc land in the rain, Oxo? You sure?
    Anyways, sorry about the wet, I arranged with The Man for lots of cold wet stuff to start last night to help with the cooling off of my newly re-tarmaced driveway. Priorities innit.
    Pottering about indoors most of today as a consequence, ain't riding in that. August, dontcha luv the weather.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Shock horror what's this wet stuff. Sadly I'm being forced northwards by the OH and young oxo to manc land and old Trafford for a tour 🤮. Nearly as bad as meeting the ex again. Followed by retail therapy on the way back at a well known designer outlet place on way back. 😪. Could my day get any worse, hope not. Anyway have a good day workers.

I feel for you oxo. On the plus side, you’re a good hubby and daddy 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Work avoidance minimal as holiday prep ramps up so I can enjoy a guilt free and well deserved relaxing break with the stress heads.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Oxo, I think I've got a better deal having a dose of Covid :)

Woke up a bit tired and sweaty this morning. Was tempted to stay in my pit but decided against it. Not too many meetings today so will reserve the right to have a little lie down at some point.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited August 2022
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Morning all. Shock horror what's this wet stuff. Sadly I'm being forced northwards by the OH and young oxo to manc land and old Trafford for a tour 🤮. Nearly as bad as meeting the ex again. Followed by retail therapy on the way back at a well known designer outlet place on way back. 😪. Could my day get any worse, hope not. Anyway have a good day workers.

I feel for you oxo. On the plus side, you’re a good hubby and daddy 👍
    Don't you just love veiled sarcasm.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Please, please sneak off and find a corner to pi$$ in.
  • pinno
    It's brightening up here - maybe it will come your way.
    I went out on Saturday in the wet and broke a PB*. One of the best rides I have had this year.

*Never did that route before but I smashed it.

• pinno
    Bit windy wet overnight. Must go pick up a shed load of wood (literally).

Pics of that drive 'Loon please.
  • pinno
    edited August 2022
    seanoconn said:

...enjoy...relaxing...with the stress heads.

I dunno how you're going to square this one.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    pinno said:

Pics of that drive 'Loon please.

Will leave the mowtah up the top for rest of the week, got the rumblewagon out on the street anyway. Main man said try to avoid power steering on it for as long as poss, quite deep tarmac in places and takes months for all the solvents to escape.

But looks a wee bit better now than it did eh? Got that sharp kicker smoothed out. 😊
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    pinno said:

My neighbour just finished building a deck for me out of timber he mills himself, I mentioned I'll need to get hold of as much firewood as humanly possible before the twins arrive (to heat the hotwater) and now he's bringing me 3 tonne bags of sawmill off cuts for free. Great neighbour and hooray for free stuff

WFH today, made another stupid mistake which my boss has covered for with the client. Coffee time.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    orraloon said:

Got that sharp kicker smoothed out. 😊

That was a jump wasn't it?

Looks good anyway.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

...enjoy...relaxing...with the stress heads.

I dunno how you're going to square this one.
    With copious amounts of alcohol 👍
  • thistle_
    Morning

WFW.
    Too tired to get up in time for a run, will go in a bit.
    Just joined a meeting and it was the wrong one - the organiser sent people the wrong link.
    Up a mountain later.
  • orraloon said:

Could do hill reps up that. :D

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the office has a slight lull as the computer system has decided to have a lie down. Searched for Ford coils instead, was going to email TLW but the slacker is on holiday, so I went to one of our suppliers and asked nicely.
    That's some drive 'loon. Oxo, don't you know Manchester is the rainiest city in England?
    Might walk to Sainsbury's as it's nearly lunchtime. Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    Boring question, does anyone have a suggestion of what to do build a database with? The guy who keeps hold of it all at the moment is retiring in a few months and I want to make it better. It is currently on a pretty shaky excel and contains lots of extremely important data. For each new project several people use bits of the data to make charts for clients to show comparable sales etc so we need good visuals.

First thought was Access but my previous experience wasn't good and it's about to be discontinued. It does link with mapping software and power BI however...

Thanks
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    You're right, that really is a very dull question HM :D . My first thought would be Access too. But I'm no expert and generally stumble around blindly screwing things up.
  • seanoconn
    😴😴😴 💤💤💤
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Ah, art.

Take one sheet of (black) heavy grade cartridge paper. Scribble on it with "white" charcoal (seriously, WTAF??).

Custom cut glass, which was heavier gauge than ideal but whatever. Use random timber left over from projects, such as handrail balusters and door jambs, all in solid Tassie "Oak". Mount artwork on backing board carefully to avoid wrinkles...

Fabricate backing frame from 4" * 3/4" oak, mitred corners, glued up with biscuit joints. Machine lengths of 1.1/4" square oak with rabbeted slots for backing board, mount board and glass. Mitred corners too, glued and clamped up. Cut mount board to frame the artwork nicely.

Stain timber with black, polish and buff with beeswax.

Assemble and screw together.

Artwork paper weighs maybe 200 grams.

Frame and glass weighs almost 11 kg.

Add big screws in backing plate to affix hanging wire, made from double strand of heavy gauge lock wire twisted together. Drill hole in masonry wall, fit large rawl plug and hanger.

Stand back and admire.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Streaming eyes and nose now brought under control so been able to get out to the supermarket. Probably going to move some slabs in preparation for finishing patio laying over the next couple of days. Otherwise bored.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Please, please sneak off and find a corner to pi$$ in.
    Only a number 2 will do for Old Trafford.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the office has a slight lull as the computer system has decided to have a lie down. Searched for Ford coils instead, was going to email TLW but the slacker is on holiday, so I went to one of our suppliers and asked nicely.
    That's some drive 'loon. Oxo, don't you know Manchester is the rainiest city in England?
    Might walk to Sainsbury's as it's nearly lunchtime. Onwards and upwards...

Would have helped! Well forwarded it onto someone who understands it
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2022
    The lurgy got me as I had a lie down for a good part of the morning. Feeling vaguely human now.
  • thistle_
    haydenm said:

First thought was Access but my previous experience wasn't good and it's about to be discontinued. It does link with mapping software and power BI however...

Power BI is really good for live visuals. It can pull data from Excel.

If it needs to be a database it should be in a database but there's always the potential for things going wrong when you move stuff over.
    I don't know what we use for our corporate databases here but you can query them using Excel or PowerBI.

• thistle_
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Streaming eyes and nose now brought under control so been able to get out to the supermarket. Probably going to move some slabs in preparation for finishing patio laying over the next couple of days. Otherwise bored.

Get Hayden's mate to build you some decking instead.
  • haydenm
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Get Hayden's mate to build you some decking instead.
    Rubbish photo from a second ago, he only finished the sides yesterday. Bench is temporary, neighbour is due back to construct a fixed bench thing soon. It's a trapezoid shape rather than square to work with the rest of the garden:

Friday night BBQ:

• tlw1
    Awesome - great neighbour
  • thistle_
    He's definitely after an invite to a threesome