Superman Lopez

2»

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

I still find the idea vino is a manager on the WT calender ridiculous... But there you go

How about Gianetti? Or Plugge for that matter?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    andyp said:

I still find the idea vino is a manager on the WT calender ridiculous... But there you go

Gianetti was the ultimate experimenter I'll give him that
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    What drug was he busted for?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    andyp said:

What's Plugge supposed to have done? He wasn't a rider, he was a journo. Turned round Jumbo-Visma when Rabobank dropped them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023

Oxygenated fluro carbons ...experimental artificial hemoglobin...carries oxygen in your blood stream and hadn't got any test for it . However he wasn't actually busted for it but it did cause his kidneys to shut down and have to be raced to hospital after collapsing. Required a complete emergency blood transfusion .

I think he got busted for epo etc another time ...can't remember
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Mad days
  • rick_chasey

Oxygenated fluro carbons ...experimental artificial hemoglobin...carries oxygen in your blood stream and hadn't got any test for it . However he wasn't actually busted for it but it did cause his kidneys to shut down and have to be raced to hospital after collapsing. Required a complete emergency blood transfusion .

This has proper bad-old-days vibes to it.

I guess if people wanted to point fingers at Tour riders, this is the stuff they'd be taking then?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

andyp said:

What's Plugge supposed to have done? He wasn't a rider, he was a journo. Turned round Jumbo-Visma when Rabobank dropped them
    Wasn't he in charge when the whole Rabobank doping ring was a thing? Or am I being unduly harsh (btw, I'm not insinuating anything about current JV performances).
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,926
    Is he more of a General Zod then?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    andyp said:

andyp said:

Wasn't he in charge when the whole Rabobank doping ring was a thing? Or am I being unduly harsh (btw, I'm not insinuating anything about current JV performances).
    He joined them in 2012 I think, as a communications director, he was put in charge when it all blew up and the rest of the management were booted, or something like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

This has proper bad-old-days vibes to it.

I guess if people wanted to point fingers at Tour riders, this is the stuff they'd be taking then?
    That was in reference to mauro Gianetti back in the 90s, were you asking about Lopez?
  • rick_chasey
    Yes I was!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Don’t think he tested positive for anything, he got caught up in a drug trafficking investigation.
  • mididoctors

Yes I was!

Sorry thought you meant gianetti
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

🫣😶🫣

(wasnt that a Dan brown thing..?)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ^^^ That's a lot of fluorine. This guy should defend him

Twitter: @RichN95
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,029