• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    There's planning for you: UAE have brought along their own broom wagon

• josame
    josame Posts: 1,143
    edited July 2022

larkim said:

gsk82 said:

My guess is that is pure deterrent. Pog attacks, takes vingegaard with him, for what? To be outnumbered again.

Thoroughly doubt anything is going on in Pogs head when he attacks other than "Let's have some fun"
    Why do people act like he's 4 years old?
    Because he rides like a delighted kid and it's very endearing?
    Precisely - Smiling and waving for the camera, saying he's going to attack and then doing so, sprinting for finishes with nothing to gain. He's enjoying his racing and it's certainly a nice break from various GC riders in the past 15 years who couldn't do a thing without it being calculated
    And this is why he needs to win and not robotic froome-ish Jonas!!
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Honestly, this is a game changer for the Lanterne Rouge competition. The effect on the lads at the back must be like when Sky rolled up with their Death Star.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,229
    LOL
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Here comes ineos
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Caruso goes solo. Vlasov in virtual second.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,018

There's planning for you: UAE have brought along their own broom wagon

The thought of trying to keep going while puking and dodgy guts on those slopes and heat...

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,428
    josame said:

larkim said:

gsk82 said:

My guess is that is pure deterrent. Pog attacks, takes vingegaard with him, for what? To be outnumbered again.

Thoroughly doubt anything is going on in Pogs head when he attacks other than "Let's have some fun"
    Precisely - Smiling and waving for the camera, saying he's going to attack and then doing so, sprinting for finishes with nothing to gain. He's enjoying his racing and it's certainly a nice break from various GC riders in the past 15 years who couldn't do a thing without it being calculated
    Lol. Jumbo Visma were responsible for the highest risk team tactic day of GC i can remember seeing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

josame said:

larkim said:

gsk82 said:

Lol. Jumbo Visma were responsible for the highest risk team tactic day of GC i can remember seeing
    It was all in by the strongest team in the world sprinting up the telegraph and galibier totally committed roglic .... Took all the team but it worked ..
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,905
    These three are strong enough to go all the way.
    Madouas trumps Jumbo in the dumb tactics stakes.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Jtomesgreen
    Jtomesgreen Posts: 190

josame said:

larkim said:

gsk82 said:

Jumbo's Wacky tactics have been a major entertainment point this year - a far cry from sky
  • mididoctors
    WvA carrying McNulty up the climb?
  • mididoctors
    Vlasov hanging on
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,442
    Have just been reminded that when I was on a trip that rode up the Col de Peguere (the final descent of today) from Foix, someone took a left when the route of the day's ride went right. Descended the top couple of km of the Mur de Peguere, then had to turn around and go back up to rejoin us. He said it was steep.
  • blazing_saddles
    Mas attacks
  • Jtomesgreen
    The Movistar trident reborn!
  • mididoctors
    Movistar moving en mas ...geddit
  • mididoctors
    Vlasov dropped?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Do we really think he can move up the GC? Let's have a Mas deba- [stop that right there - Bikeradar mods]
  • Jtomesgreen
    The Movistar trident reborn!

Vlasov dropped?

Yep, couldn't go with Geschke
  • mididoctors
    Vlasov blow up completely?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Geschke closed that gap to the lead three alone. Hope he gets the mountain points
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,060
    Back from the shops 🥵 where is WvA in the polka dot competition?
  • mididoctors
    Peloton uncontrollable
  • blazing_saddles
    Kuss can’t control the group.
    Louis “not a real GC rider” Meintjes thinks about attacking
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pog kicks off
  • blazing_saddles
    Pogacar!

• mididoctors
    Pog
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,060
    Right - cold beer poured - here for the final, (though they’re so slow I’ll be making my salad nicoise in the final half hour)

Good of Pog to wait till I was ready 😄
  • mididoctors
    Ouffffff